Thread: Too much Hit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Too much Hit

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    SW:P and mind flay also apply misery...and sw is most people's opening spell
    Really?

Most people say you max dps by opening with MB but if it crits or your tank misses or you wait a sec to cast it to avoid those situations you've pulled aggro or lost dps. I think you should start with VT since you can start casting as the tank is running in to pull and have it effectively land instantly after the pull but do no damage. So VT > MB > DP > MF3 > SWP > MB.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    Eh. I recast it at 5, but still use it to open. The extra damage buff / ticks while you're getting SW stacked are worth spending one GCD.
    That's a pretty amazing claim...

So I presume you are doing something like SW:P, VT, MB, DP, MF, SW:P? Assuming 0 haste that means you get 2 ticks out of SW:P which is maybe 3K damage + 10% extra on your opening MB & MF less the extra GCD to recast SW:P which is adding 0 damage... You could replace that SW:P with any combination of spells you can think of and it would do more damage. You are completely throwing mana and DPS out the window, you should be using VT, MB, DP, MF, SW:P and then starting with your spell priority of MB > VT > DP > MF or if you possess 2pc T9 VT > MB > DP > MF.

You might argue that over a 5min encounter that change doesn't mean alot... I really wouldn't argue with that sentiment but what I would say if there is a better way of doing things why not just do it the best way?

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    SW:P and mind flay also apply misery...and sw is most people's opening spell
    WHY!! do so many ppl think you should cast SWP first.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grath
    WHY!! do so many ppl think you should cast SWP first.....
    Because they haven't done their research? =(
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant