Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Common Warrior Macros

Quote Originally Posted by Karmac27
    Hey all I have a question. I'm new to macros and I found one on several different sites, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm prot and want to use retaliation. Here's what I have:

#showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] Retaliation; Battle Stance
    /cast Defensive Stance

The problem is I switch to Battle Stance, and that's it. No retaliation, and no switch back to Defensive Stance. Please help, I don't know why it won't work.

Thank you very much.
    #showtooltip Retaliation
    /cast [stance:2] Battle Stance
    /cast Retaliation
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance
    Just switched the stance names of the one I use for Fury. Should work.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Deleted

for massive burst threat(variation of the swifty one shot macro tbh )

go into zerkerstance before bosspull and:

/cast Recklessness
    /cast Defensive stance
    /cast Bloodrage
    /cast Charge
    /cast (trinket or as i do, orc racial)

then just shieldblock+/slam et voilà

wouldnt recommend using that tbh >.< 20% extra dmg taken for the duration of recklessness, not to mention warriors have perfectly fine burst threat and single target tps.

not saying it sucks, but its just risky.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Anyway for me to macro my heroic strike to devastate?Not to good with macros and that would be helpful.

how do you mean?

if you are looking for a macro that allows you to have HS active everytime you devastate then i guess you can go for

#showtooltip
    /cast Devastate
    /cast !Heroic Strike

wouldnt recommend using this on trash, etc - good for raid boss and endless rage fights though.

Yeah thats my intent,just to save me abit of key clicking while doing bosses.

ok there are 2 tanking macros I would like to do... if someone could be so kind.

1)kind of an an ohh crap button... I would like it to use Last stand, then if that is not avaiable use shied wall, if not that use healthstone, if not that use health potion. not sure about the language in writing macros so I don't even know if that is possible. If it is then I can figure out how to add any trinkets and such. it is more for me to understnad how to do casting sequences with the right language and such.

2)as I have the revenge glyph... I would like it to use revenge then Heroic strike if the glyph is up. again not sure if that is possible.

thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by grevari
    ok there are 2 tanking macros I would like to do... if someone could be so kind.

1)kind of an an ohh crap button... I would like it to use Last stand, then if that is not avaiable use shied wall, if not that use healthstone, if not that use health potion. not sure about the language in writing macros so I don't even know if that is possible. If it is then I can figure out how to add any trinkets and such. it is more for me to understnad how to do casting sequences with the right language and such.

2)as I have the revenge glyph... I would like it to use revenge then Heroic strike if the glyph is up. again not sure if that is possible.

thanks for any help.
    neither of those are exactly possible
    macros are not build to track glyph procs, or procs of any kind for that matter, nor do they watch cooldowns on abilities.

1) i can suggest:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=300 Last Stand, Shield Wall, Healthstone, <Trinketname>, Enraged Regeneration.

im not sure if the trinket and healthstone will even work, i cant test it since i dont have the healthstone.
    if it doesnt remove both healthstone and trinket and the rest should work as a cooldown rotation.
    would suggest getting glyph of Shieldwall if you are using this and are in progression raids.

2) why are you even using glyph of revenge?
    on pretty much any trash we use cleave or rarely use HS, and on boss fights you are almost always filled with rage.

Greetings!
    Would there be a macro that could auto tab targets for me when im AOE tanking?( as im spamming the macro)

#hidetooltip
    /cast bloodrage
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    /cast cleave
    /cast Devastate
    /cast Thunder Clap

? ? ? ? ? = the tabbing part.

~Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

Ok, so I've been looking for this macro for awhile and can't find it. I've tried making one myself but can't seem to nail it, so I'm just gonna ask.

I've recently added Heroic Fury to my Fury PvE build and want to macro it so that Intercept and Heroic Fury are on the same keybind.

Initially I just set it up very basic

/cast Intercept
    /cast Heroic Fury

And this actually worked fine for me in theory as it would let me intercept to a target and immediately remove the the CD on Intercept and get Heroic Fury's cooldown rolling to be available again. The problem I have encounted with this is if I am out of range of my target it will Burn the Heroic Fury before using the Intercept, basically making it a waste.

Also I can imagine there will be other times where Heroic Fury by itself will just serve as another CC breaker like Everyman for certain fights.

So is there a way to macro this so I'll Heroic Fury if intercept itself is on cooldown, or even just using the Heroic Fury part of it if I am in range of the target to intercept it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjhova
    Ok, so I've been looking for this macro for awhile and can't find it. I've tried making one myself but can't seem to nail it, so I'm just gonna ask.

I've recently added Heroic Fury to my Fury PvE build and want to macro it so that Intercept and Heroic Fury are on the same keybind.

Initially I just set it up very basic

/cast Intercept
    /cast Heroic Fury

And this actually worked fine for me in theory as it would let me intercept to a target and immediately remove the the CD on Intercept and get Heroic Fury's cooldown rolling to be available again. The problem I have encounted with this is if I am out of range of my target it will Burn the Heroic Fury before using the Intercept, basically making it a waste.

Also I can imagine there will be other times where Heroic Fury by itself will just serve as another CC breaker like Everyman for certain fights.

So is there a way to macro this so I'll Heroic Fury if intercept itself is on cooldown, or even just using the Heroic Fury part of it if I am in range of the target to intercept it first.
    unfortunatly macros do not track cooldowns, distance, etc.

perhaps:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=30 Intercept, Heroic Fury.

if you have 2points in imp intercept you should change it to reset=25
    this will make you intercept on the first push, and heroic fury on the next.

the macro will reset after 30/25seconds, so it wont burn your heroic fury unneeded.

or if you want to use modifiers:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Heroic Fury
    /cast [nomod] Intercept

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides
    Greetings!
    Would there be a macro that could auto tab targets for me when im AOE tanking?( as im spamming the macro)

#hidetooltip
    /cast bloodrage
    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    /cast cleave
    /cast Devastate
    /cast Thunder Clap

? ? ? ? ? = the tabbing part.

~Thanks in advance.
    rcept it first.
    [/quote]

#showtooltip
    /cast Bloodrage
    /targetenemy
    /cast Devastate

this macro will use Bloodrage, and /targetenemy = tab, then cast devastate on every enemy
    reason why theres no thunderclap in there is because it shares a gcd with devastate, meaning it cant be macrod together, unless there is a /castsequence.
    cleave will always get untoggled when you change targets, so putting that in there is aswell pretty useless, since it will barely be activated.

#showtooltip
    /cast Bloodrage
    /targetenemy
    /castsequence Thunder Clap, Devastate, Devastate, Devastate, Devastate

problem with this kind of macro is it will continuesly jump between targets - it gives a cool effect as if you are hitting really fast - but thats not the point, its just a really annoying macro. especially the cast sequence one can ruin your style if you get out of rage, since it will just tab a shitload and wont thunderclap unless you used atleast 4 devastates.

if you really plan on using this, i suggest you take the first macro and just keep thunderclap and Cleave on seperate keybindings.

Thanks, that works perfectly :P

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    neither of those are exactly possible
    macros are not build to track glyph procs, or procs of any kind for that matter, nor do they watch cooldowns on abilities.

1) i can suggest:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=300 Last Stand, Shield Wall, Healthstone, <Trinketname>, Enraged Regeneration.

im not sure if the trinket and healthstone will even work, i cant test it since i dont have the healthstone.
    if it doesnt remove both healthstone and trinket and the rest should work as a cooldown rotation.
    would suggest getting glyph of Shieldwall if you are using this and are in progression raids.

2) why are you even using glyph of revenge?
    on pretty much any trash we use cleave or rarely use HS, and on boss fights you are almost always filled with rage.

thx man I didn't think that they would be possible but I had to check.

as far as the Revenge glyph... I grabbed it back when this was all new. It was a good glyph to have when Heroic Bosses were harder cause we all had at max level 200 gear. I also used it as a spam revenge and HS build I had... I could literally do 2.5K dps in less than 200 gear. It was awsome... but anyway I huess I just never got rid of it. Thanks for making me think about it.

and just cause I am curious about it... The language... "castsequence reset" will actually reset the sequence so I have to hit the button again to use it right? I will try this out tonight and see if that is how it works but I am also interested for future use on other toons. Again I am super appriciateive.

Quote Originally Posted by grevari
    thx man I didn't think that they would be possible but I had to check.

as far as the Revenge glyph... I grabbed it back when this was all new. It was a good glyph to have when Heroic Bosses were harder cause we all had at max level 200 gear. I also used it as a spam revenge and HS build I had... I could literally do 2.5K dps in less than 200 gear. It was awsome... but anyway I huess I just never got rid of it. Thanks for making me think about it.

and just cause I am curious about it... The language... "castsequence reset" will actually reset the sequence so I have to hit the button again to use it right? I will try this out tonight and see if that is how it works but I am also interested for future use on other toons. Again I am super appriciateive.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_castsequence

-- This will cast Seal of Light, followed by Judgement of Wisdom.
    -- 2 minutes after the last keypress, it will reset and cast Seal of Light again.
    /castsequence reset=120 Seal of Light, Judgement of Wisdom
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /stopattack
    /equipslot 16 battleworn thrash
    /equipslot 17 commander's crest
    /cast Defensive Stance
    /cast Shield Wall

Is it normal to have to press this macro twice? First time I get the error message "Must have a shield equipped".

Like the macros the stopattack is what's going to really help my warrior

I had made up a macro that equips sword/shield then puts me into dstance, press ctrl v again and it puts me into battle with my 2h of choice, yours are a lot smoother though since i don't have to sit in d stance to reflect something plus enemy has to see my shield/skill graphics to know something is coming (not the obvious bright stance graphic) so that is something I'll definitely practice when I get the time!

But yeah for me the spell reflect was down mousewheel, with dispell (shield slam) at like T, revenge, block, shield bash at 3, 2, 5 respectively so still worked quite well to take out a mage's ice barrier or a priest's bubble or whatever.

Again I appreciate the macro's these are the kind of posts that make horde and alliance love the pvp game more All of these damn buttons is what keeps me coming back to this class!

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    beautiful. Exactly what I was was wanting to know. Thx.

I have been trying to get a macro for mousover and use aouto attack, would it be possible to make that ?=S
    P.S i suck on making macros

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I have been through all the macros and i cant seem to find one i would like:

Is it possible to have a Focus pummel? So switch stance, and pummel the focus target while still hitting/targetting your original target.
    Obviously you would have to be in range for this to work.

Thanks in advance