Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Common Warrior Macro's

Quote Originally Posted by archdevilro
    i sayd it's a good effort
    but all the macros can get improved, and it also depends on play style
    for a person who like to have 40 buttons to push, yes your macros are good
    for example BS macro with charge is shit you actually need to have 2 button to start end bladestorm
    /cast /cancelaura but i guess some of you go parkinson disease and like to spam button i'm ok with that
    i also use 1 macro for stance dance +charge+intercept + hamstring
    and the spell reflect and shield wall macro can get improved aswell
    hmmm, what happens if no rage, ohh fuck i died, try putting bloodrage there see what happens
    and you would also like to use enraged regenaration and battlemaster trinket when you shield wall, trust me, it helps alot
    and there alot of other things that you can do
    most usefull warrior macro is /cast bloodrage /cast demo shout you won't believe how good is that
    cheers
    like i said earlier, you should not macro such important abilties together
    bloodrage is used in much more ways then just for demo shout, and if you have it on another keybind also then why macro it?
    how can the bladestorm end+charge suck?
    you cast bladestorm, someone runs out of range, you push charge, it ends bladestorm, you push it again, you charge...
    how does that suck? you can still use charge normally aswell.
    i also added one with a modifier.

link me the macro that you use to stancedance+charge+intercept+hamstring, i dont see how hamstring is good in there because you it should be on a seperate key because its a important ability in PvP.

you tell me they can be improved, then tell me how, add bloodrage?
    like i said, bloodrage should be macro'd to every ability then? because EVERYTHING we use costs rage....
    pvp warriors, atleast decent ones, know that the battlemaster trinket isnt very good for warriors in arena.
    grim toll or any other ArP trinket is far superior.
    yes, i can add it for the ones that have the battlemaster trinket. but thats very specific with the gear you have.

i have 35 abilities keybinded, alot of them macro'd
    all the macro's are not specific for situations, they are general macro's that any warrior should have.

i prefer not to give macro's that adds 6-7 abilities together to "start combat"
    because i advise any warrior to not use such macro's
    but if you want, add your macro's, il see what i can do to add them
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

try this macro out
    #show [combat] Charge; Charge
    /cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,stance:1] charge; [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [combat,nostance:1] Battle Stance
    /stopcasting
    /cast [stance:1] Hamstring
    i copyed from somewhere it might have some mistakes in it but it works perfectly for what i want it to do
    battlestance from any stance charge if enough range or hamstring
    and i have another macro to charge(if range)/berseker/intercept(if range)/pummel
    #show [combat] Intercept; Charge
    /cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,stance:3] Intercept; [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [combat,nostance:3] Berserker Stance
    /stopcasting
    /cast [stance:3] Pummel

try this macro out
    /cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,stance:1] charge; [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [combat,nostance:1] Battle Stance
    /stopcasting
    i copyed from somewhere it might have some mistakes in it but it works perfectly for what i want it to do
    battlestance from any stance charge if enough range or hamstring
    and i have another macro to charge(if range)/berseker/intercept(if range)/pummel
    #show [combat] Intercept; Charge
    /cast [nocombat,stance:1] Charge; [combat,stance:3] Intercept; [nocombat,nostance:1] Battle Stance; [combat,nostance:3] Berserker Stance
    /stopcasting
    /cast [stance:3] Pummel
    i will add both macro's to the list.
    but unlike you said earlier, its just like half my other macro's
    these arent your "as many abilities as possible into one macro"

the second one is just a pure "start combat macro with pummel and intercept
    with this macro you will have to have battlestance on another key, and charge as prot/arms with juggernaut/warbringer.
    due to the macro only using charge/battlestance out of combat, wich makes them generally useless in this macro due to having both of those abilities on another key.
    it will also not check if charge is off CD, so pushing this key to intercept someone, when you get knocked out of combat will force you into battlestance and unable to charge/intercept, also losing valuable rage aswell.
    having the need to have intercept and berserker stance again on a seperate key. making this macro useless.
    however i think its a good macro to lvl with or in PvE. i recommend not using it in PvP

EDIT: also, the first macro forces you to use hamstring only in battle stance because the macro automaticly puts you in battle stance, causing you either to have a similar macro for intercept/berserker stance, having the need to have them seperatly keybinded. or have hamstring on another keybind again.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    i CAN complicate the macro much more then it needs to be, with modifiers etc, but this is the base macro to start the chain of events.

the following abilities are charge and shieldslam, and these are generally keybinded on easy-to-acces keys

/use <Trinket>

That's not what I meant. The start of the actual combo (at least what I find to be optimal, I guess other people would vary what's in between charge and shieldblock) goes like this -

Zerkstance
    Reckless
    Defstance
    Charge
    Conc blow
    Shield block
    battlestance
    shield slam

These are the first steps in the combo, followed by random devas, SS and interrupts/stuns and recharge/intercept for some more interrupting. With your macro, you charge after Recklessness and shield block are activated, wasting a lot of these abilities duration. And you'd also want the conc blow in there at the start to get a nice, long highcritting stun.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

i doubt you can make a proper macro with that

/cast [stance:3] Recklessness
    /cast [stance:3] Defensive Stance
    /castsequence [stance:2] reset=15 Charge, Shield block, battle stance, concussion blow
    /casts [stance:1] shield slam

i fixed a macro for you.
    but this requires everything off cd, and you need to chain it within 20seconds to make it work properly
    also, you need to start in berserker stance.

recklessness -> defensive stance -> charge -> shield block as you charge -> battle stance -> concussion blow -> shield slam

/stopcasting
    i have to remove this macro from the list, sorry man, but its complete shit.
    atleast the hamstring part is, either way you will need to have hamstring again on another keybinding because you cant hamstring like this in berserker stance.
    unless you give me a similar macro for berserker stance bar i will remove the hamstring part
    i can make this 3-in-1 macro a 2-in-1 without the hamstring

thanks to you powell, for those nice macros, i added a few now as im lvl 42, and i will also add the rest at lvl 80. in my opinion u really understood how a warrior should play like.
    and archidevilro, thanks to u aswell, the discussion made me understand how i should really play the warrior to its fullest.
    i played him 30 lvls like a common rouge-player, who just spams his energy out to not being able to react for anything =)
    but im on the right way to my fullest, playing a warrior that is not having enough rage, or hateing the global cd like being a frost or blood- Dk wanting only 1sec global cd (as unholydks in skilled unholypresence)
    in my opinion a mix of both of ur opinions is the way to go, as i d say that it is nessacary to have short macros to always be rdy to handle the situation.

thanks for paying attention

i thought ud like me to mention, that your shield-bash-macro doesnt include switching to the defstance /hug

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by sirrk
    i thought ud like me to mention, that your shield-bash-macro doesnt include switching to the defstance /hug
    Can use shieldbash in Battle Stance aswell.

thanks to you powell, for those nice macros, i added a few now as im lvl 42, and i will also add the rest at lvl 80. in my opinion u really understood how a warrior should play like.
    and archidevilro, thanks to u aswell, the discussion made me understand how i should really play the warrior to its fullest.
    i played him 30 lvls like a common rouge-player, who just spams his energy out to not being able to react for anything =)
    but im on the right way to my fullest, playing a warrior that is not having enough rage, or hateing the global cd like being a frost or blood- Dk wanting only 1sec global cd (as unholydks in skilled unholypresence)
    in my opinion a mix of both of ur opinions is the way to go, as i d say that it is nessacary to have short macros to always be rdy to handle the situation.

thanks for paying attention
    anytime :>

its also usable in battle stance but i reckon i can change it if your in berserker stance, but seeing that its mainly a pvp tool, and 99.9% of all the pvp warriors are either Arms or on a smaller scale Prot pvp theres not really any need to add it, unless you want me to

Just wanted to say thanks for the great information.

Additionally, could you also recommend a basics to Prot tanking? I've been healing as a Druid for a while and i'm interested in 80 prot tanking, this will get me that one step further in becoming a good tank!

Cheers and Bookmarked!

15+ Year Old Account

Hai,
    I would love to have a macro for my Zerk Offspec. Didn't find really until Furry yet but I do my best :P
    So here is what I would like the macro to do for me:

cast bloodthirst
    if bloodthirst is on cooldown then cast slam

Thanks in advance
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz
    Hai,
    I would love to have a macro for my Zerk Offspec. Didn't find really until Furry yet but I do my best :P

cast bloodthirst

Thanks in advance
    I hope that you're only using Slam when Bloodsurge procs?

for Slam I use this macro :

/Cast Slam
    /Stopcasting

In theory it should prevent me from using Slam, unless Bloodsurge has procced. Although, it sometimes happens that it casts anyway... Anyone know how to fix this properly?

-Kumar
    http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/2009/10/general-druid-icewell-radiance-bears.html

stop the QQ *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz
    Hai,

cast bloodthirst

Thanks in advance
    unfortunatly you cant have 2 abilities that both consume a gcd into a macro without modifiers.
    so no, i cant do that. sorry

you can have

#showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /cast Bloodthirst
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Slam
    /stopcasting

15+ Year Old Account

Well that does the job!
    Thank you and greets from germany
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Instead of /p <player name> used Shield Wall, can't you use %p? Liek:
    /p %P used Shield Wall!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

I'd like a macro that makes me Charge if i'm in Battle Stance, use Bloodrage and Intercept if im in Berserker Stance, and use Intercept on my mouseover target if i am in Defensive Stance.
    Anyone? Thx.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Quote Originally Posted by Cearat
    I'd like a macro that makes me Charge if i'm in Battle Stance, use Bloodrage and Intercept if im in Berserker Stance, and use Intercept on my mouseover target if i am in Defensive Stance.
    Anyone? Thx.
    #showtooltip [stance:1] Charge; [stance:2] Intervene; [stance:3] Intercept
    /cast [stance:1] Charge; [stance:2] [target=mouseover] Intervene; [stance:3] Intercept

I'm not great with macros, but I believe this should do everything you wanted except for Bloodrage, not too sure how to add that one in.

Okay, thanks, if anyone knows how to add Bloodrage, please do so.

#showtooltip [stance:1] Charge; [stance:2] Intervene; [stance:3] Intercept
    /cast [stance:1] charge
    /cast [stance:2, target=mouseover] intercept
    /castsequence [stance:3, reset=2] bloodrage, intercept