Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New SW: Pain Glyph ??

Will multi-dotting with SW:Pain regenerate 1% for each tick that occurs on each target or is it capped at once per 3 seconds (approx with haste)?

Just wondering if anyone has tested this yet.

Re: New SW: Pain Glyph ??

Scales with haste, i.e you can have it ticking every say 2seconds if you recast during heroism.

No the OP is asking if the new glyph restores 1% base mana for every tick on each target its applied to.

I think if it doesnt say that its capped at every 3 seconds then you can assume there is no cap. I havent tested it on the PTR myself

So if you cast SW:P on 9 targets you can effectively have 3 mana restorations per second. thats 3% base mana per second.

You'd think that'd be the way it works.

Would be damned expensive though.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Ya thats definitely the way it works. But 1% BASE mana is not very much. Its like 39 mana. So for every SW:P that costs 575 mana, you gain 234 mana.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Stupidest glyph ever imo

spriests dont have any mana problems, and i doubt that will change any time soon.
    With 3 minutes on fend and 2 minutes for dispersion they never ever ever go oom!

yep, what he said. What does it matter how a glyph no priest should ever use works?

Quote Originally Posted by openair
    yep, what he said. What does it matter how a glyph no priest should ever use works?
    Well why wouldnt you use this? Dispersion glyph is your other option but after looking at this it seems the way to go. Use SW:P on a target, its like 64mp5, assuming no haste, with haste and a 2second ticking SW:P its like almost 100mp5; remember you will be casting more than previously due to dots scaling with haste and the last thing you want is lowish mana.

Most shadow priests dont have mana problems because they aren't real raiders.

Anub 25hm, Spamming VT/SWP on 5 targets that dont have JoW on them then mind searing, mashing your MF button, fading every cooldown and having to save dispersion for an ohshit moment and still doing 8k dps.

With new haste changes i can see spriest going oom in quick fashion on multidot fights.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

your all missing the pont that you'll be casting VT/DP more often with haste, so this glyph is to make up for the increased mana cost associated with hasted dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Stupidest glyph ever imo

spriests dont have any mana problems, and i doubt that will change any time soon.
    With 3 minutes on fend and 2 minutes for dispersion they never ever ever go oom!
    The glyph will be live at the same time that we'll see our mana costs ramp up a LOT. Even on single target fights the cost of maintaining hasted dots is quite a lot higher than it is on Live. On 3 or more it's easy to go OOM early. The glyph almost perfectly offsets the cost of hasted dot's, returning more mana in the situations where you'll be burning through it the fastest.
    Oh, and SW is still a wasted GCD most of the time, so what else are you going to do with that Glyph slot?

Edit:
    Other side of hasted DoT's: they almost certainly will expire during Dispersion.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

Stupidest glyph ever imo

You're being rather short sighted... with DoTs being affected by haste you are now casting a proprotionate more DoT spells equal to your haste percentage. When 3.3 comes out you are going to itemise for more haste with more iLevel points spent on haste you won't be increase your DPM which is what SP and Crit as a product of their DPS effect.

You're going to find the changes a lot more mana intensive and this glyph is one of the ways to compensate for that change. Particularly in cases of multi-dotting, in a true multi-dot encounter our mana pool can feel very small, not to mention with faster ticking DoTs it's going to be more difficult to maintain SW:P on multiple targets and you will see it drop off a lot more often.

Also, what else are you going to take?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

With the PTR premade and about 16% haste i didn't run out of mana on the target dummy with just shadowfiend and no sw glyph.
    Raidbuffed you will get how much haste? 8% ? Count in Sdk, sdw and mdw and be happy with more mana regeneration than the 8% haste will increase your usage.
    How about the icecrown gear? You will get another 10% haste, so maybe after you got fully geared in your icecrown gear, the sw glyph could be something to consider, but on normal mode bosses will drop so fast, that you won't notice a difference.....
    Hardmodes? Survive more often to a big bad nuke with Dispersion glyph, yes! With sw glyph? No!
    How about the multi target fights? Gunship Battle? Valithria? Use your dispersion when there are just a non/few adds up.

How did everyone miss that they are lowering the manacost on most of your spells in the patch?

Edit: Found it.
    Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Trasdocka
    How did everyone miss that they are lowering the manacost on most of your spells in the patch?

Edit: Found it.
    And how often do you drop shadowform?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    And how often do you drop shadowform?
    What? Look again, ALL your hasted dots gets lower manacost.

Quote Originally Posted by Trasdocka
    What? Look again, ALL your hasted dots gets lower manacost.
    No, the mana cost of shadow form is being reduced. If you really need proof of this, then look at the current costs of SW:P, DP, VT. None of them are currently 32%, that would be retarded, and none of them cost the same.

I actually re-read it just now, and seems like I'm a stupid one today, my bad!

Stupidest glyph ever imo

agreed but as usual, they "fix" what isn't broken

spriests need to do more damage or hell, a VE glyph that heals the RAID wouldn't be horrible (still not great though)