Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: T10 Models Recap, MLG Anaheim, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNordi
    and any palidan that disagrees.. I truly am sorry but you really need to understand class mechanics. I can own the hell out of a ret palidan as a feral druid, but if they have both bubble and lay on hands ready.. I'm usually hard pressed to do anything vs them.. It truly is sad when a class cannot relize when their own abilities make the most fail players able to compete. I'm sorry but re-roll if you want to actually be competitive, because right now your just a nub face-rolling your keyboard to beat anyone.
    A paladin used long cooldowns and beat you?! :O OMG! ALERT THE DEVS!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

WTB shaman t10, thank you very much Boubouille

t10 i suppose..

they used one of the old skins with the shoulders, yeah the magma ones.. they show them some testing person, who notice that this set is already in game... and then like "oh shit" they took it offline.... to put some other colors on it...

who knows...
    the shadow knows...
    and i know..
    its time for magma freak, again :P

but ok, the one with the delete of the shaman class is also a very nice explanation

Level eighty holy light heals for about 5,000 hit points, give or take. But for that matter, you are supposed to be DPS, not healing for mad numbers, as it were. But to be perfectly honest, I think it was a bad idea for enhancement shaman and feral druids as well as paladins, but it seems to be a more noticed probably among the paladins.

No shaman t10 yet?

*tear*

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblelicous
    You people are are so happy that LoH is being taken away from us pallys, with doing that you are taking away something that makes the class its own. In principle of it it would be like taking totems away from a shammy, mage food and ports away from a mage, summon stone or SS away from a lock, those are ALL things that make each of those classes its own. I understand you are mad cause o i feel like i have to kill a pally 3 times what about rogues and their stun locks? ppl QQ about that but nothing is done, it just seems like blizz is out to destroy anything that is Pally, might as well take the class out of the game if your going to not let us cast LoH on ourselves. Instead of taking it away why do you make it a 20 min CD regardless and make it so we loose ALL our mana for idk like 10 seconds or something that way its as if we "cant do anything" for 10 sec allowing those that are being babies have a bit of an advantage. Blizz you really should take into consideration the fact your ruining the paladin class by doing this.
    Yeah well Rogues are Blizz's favorite kid. They get the extra chicken leg for dinner and get to stay up and watch T.V. the latest. I freakin hate rogues, even worse than pallies. At least you can see a pally coming. Rogues just beat the hell out of you while you can't do anything and then run away when you can, then rinse and repeat. >

Maybe one day they will at least cut their stun durations down (since they can't make them break on damage or that would mess up balancing issues). Or maybe just make it so you can't chain them. But anyways, this isn't a rogue topic. The reason they changed it to this is because they don't like non heal specs being able to have such an OP heal, whether it be on long cd or not. Give this heal to say... a Shaman and it would be just as devastating in PvP (geez and right about now shams could use it too; what happened to their Vanilla WoW leetness??).

Quote Originally Posted by Grayem
    You what doesn't make sense about this LoH change. Is that GC seems to have a problem with the ability, but he's not taking the ability away, just making it so pallys can't use it on ourselves. LoH wrong on self, but okay on others. Either the spell is unbalance or it's not. Why does it make the 25k or 50k heal on others not OP , but OP if cast on self. If pallys can only use it on others now, why not make it a talented Holy spell, rather than all pallys still getting it. I mean I'm not going to be watching my raid while I dps or tank and make sure to run to them to heal them, ignoring my roll.
    They still might change it. GC said they are trying to get away from long cooldowns, because it's very hard to balance a skill that has a very long cd, because it has to be super powerful, or it would be useless. The whole thing about him talking about it being used in PvP is that PvP is all about self preservation unless you are a healer in which you will be generally healing someone else before yourself (unless you are getting focused).

In PvP where Rets abound, they had too many self preservation tactics as a dps spec. More than any other spec tbh. They where plate, have instant heals that they don't have to stop and cast, have giant health pools and have 2 "reset" cds. Combine that with a good number of pallies on the field and possibly a pocket healer or 2 and you have an unstoppable force that is pally zerg. Compare them to say an Enhance Sham and there IS no comparison. The sham drops twice as fast and doesn't have shit for preservation tactics except the shamanistic rage which just reduces an amount of damage. Having to be melee with mail armor, no stealth, weak, expensive heals, no shield, no stun and weak cc however is usually just too much unless u have a heal bitch. The sham, who is supposed to be the same, but exact opposite of the pally. Lol where's the sham love?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    A paladin used long cooldowns and beat you?! :O OMG! ALERT THE DEVS!
    Now in reference to the long cds, again they are trying to get away from that. You guys are ragging on GC too much. It was a bad comparison, but the idea is still the same. An OP move is not justified by putting it on a long cd. Whether it gives you an extra life or 1 shots someone, having it be on a 2 hour cd is not enough for balancing. The move itself is unbalanced, no matter how often you are able to use it. This change forces the pally to play a little more defensively and watch his teammates closer to see who he can help survive, instead of just having a group of pallies be doing their own thing with very little chance of dying and just melee cleaving everything to death. If your buddy pally is about to die and he's burned his bubble YOU have to heal him. Makes you a little less focused on yourself and a little more focused on the effort as a group which is what BG's are all about.

Now idk how the new change is going to affect BG's, but in world pvp it will be nice. Only 2 lives to go through now. Maybe it will show the difference between the noob pallies and the experienced ones.

P.S.

Sorry for the wall of text. :P
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsyte
    Honestly, if you are forced to use LoH on yourself as a tank in a PvE or raiding environment - then it's time to recruit some new healers, because the ones you have right now are failing their arses off.
    So you're saying that whenever a tank is about to die or does indeed die in a raid, that its the healers fault? I'll bet the healers LOVE running with you don't they? You probably blame them when a DPS dies to right? Couldn't possibly anyone else at fault but the healers?

10+ Year Old Account

Hurry up blizz.. wheres the shaman???

One Question:
    When do I need LoH in BGs? (in arena it is not usable as many forget)
    Useful in 1:1 situations - and that's practically NEVER

Who does this nerf really hurt?
    Prot Pala - Now i can heal any tank from 1%-100% except me or another Palatank!
    Alliance
    80, Paladin - Tank / Ret - EU-Die Silberne Hand
    80, Druid - Moonkin / Tree - EU-Die Silberne Hand
    80, Mage - Arcane - EU-Die Silberne Hand
    80, Deathknight -DD / Tank - EU-Die Silberne Hand

"Paladin
    Lay on Hands
    We don't think "Sure I can heal myself for 25,000+ health as a dps spec or 50,000+ health as a tank, but not very often," is balanced. Abilities can be unbalanced even if overall a character is not. This isn't a non-issue just because it doesn't affect Arenas. Also, it doesn't mean paladins are being singled out for one-vs-one duel balance (though I'm sure I'm going to be reading that for months to come).

If we gave warriors (especially Prot warriors) an ability to cause 50,000 damage in one hit with no preparation on a 90-minute cooldown, most reasonable players would call that a balance problem. The long cooldown doesn't save it. Beyond some point you can't balance a very powerful ability just by increasing the cooldown.

In general, we've been moving away from long cooldowns anyway. (Source)"

once again untter hypocrisy by blizzard. This is a base paladin ability. Had it for 5 years. Now suddenly it is a problem. Blizzard's caving to the cult's demands astounds me even to this day

10+ Year Old Account

didnt you hear? shamen dont get a new tier! jk im really looking forward to seeing it and it better be awesome because its taking absolutely forever!

"FUCKING CHRIST NO ONE CARES ABOUT A DUMB SKANK WHO BRAGS ABOUT GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS BY HER DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND NOW SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND DPS YOU SLUT!" - Random guy yelling on vent to a chick.

Big Love Rocket

That's what she said.

God, I'm so happy everytime I read about a Paladin nerf. I know they sucked for a couple of time and Blizzard is/was way too scared to nerf em to a "normal" limit too fast, but I'm really glad something is happening here.

Plus it's so much joy to read these angry comments of Paladins who don't understand their abilities are way too powerful.
    And I know how it feels if your class gets nerfed. I play a DK and until now I agreed with almost all nerfs Blizzard threw at us...But people who doesn't understand their class is too strong always gonna entertain me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltai/Spiritwolf
    No shaman t10 yet?

*tear*
    nice sigs, very compact

God, I'm so happy everytime I read about a Paladin nerf. I know they sucked for a couple of time and Blizzard is/was way too scared to nerf em to a "normal" limit too fast, but I'm really glad something is happening here.
    3.0>---> 3.0.1=end of godlike ret pallies...

Anyways, I would be more than happy to get an ability similar to the DKs..... 2 min CD, 40% of our total health... GIEF! Oh but wait, then people would QQ about pallies being op in arenas, yet again!
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

What's about everyone hating the pala robe? o:
    Personally I love it. Since tier 2, it's been paladin-ish. And I like it. And pink helmet makes it even more paladin-ish. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    once again untter hypocrisy by blizzard. This is a base paladin ability. Had it for 5 years. Now suddenly it is a problem. Blizzard's caving to the cult's demands astounds me even to this day
    once again untter hypocrisy by paladin as loh doesn't cost all your mana only since 3.0
    Had it for 5 years ? et mon cul c'est du poulet ?

patch note 3.0.2 : "Lay on Hands no longer drains all mana, cooldown reduced to 20 minutes."

Keep drinking pala tears and keep qq spamming about palas, at least blizz dont listen to pvp tards all the time and just take the ability away from us, this is the best option they could have done imho, means all those idiots who cry about soloing protadins in a group pvp environment wont cry over '3 lives' palas anymore and pve tanks still have the cd available when needed as long as they times wings for threat gen etc correctly within a fight.

'Lay on Hands is now affected by Forbearance and can now be cast on self again - Heals a friendly target for an amount equal to the Paladin's maximum health and restores 1950 of their mana. Once healed, the target cannot be targeted by Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, or Lay on Hands again for 2 min.' patch 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    You are right, the original version was just fine. Just put Lay on Hands back to being a 60 minute cooldown ability that reduces the paladin to zero mana when used and it'll be fine again.

Your post is typical of the idiot trolls that most classes have. You forget instantly that this ability has been buffed and buffed and buffed and now cry like a baby that it gets a nerf not even realising that the only reason it is so powerful now is because it has been improved time and time again.

DUDE the pally Helm Sucks y the hell doesn't is close or something it would be cool if the face plate closes but leaving it open like that... sort-of retarded like a giant sign saying hey punch me in the face where i have no armor at all..