Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Inspired! A new class has evolved! The Savant

Deathwing’s foul grip upon the land has quaked hells of unimaginable proportions… our efforts to bring the beast to an end… have ailed us entirely. The world’s end has approach us once more…

With Azeroth shattered in presence of Deathwing, a new hero was called forth from the heavens… Fallen angels… Their bodies pulsed embers as they crushed deep within the solid earth. We were able to rescue some of them, others were not so fortunate…

Before I continue with this topic, I just want to say that these ideas are pure creativity, that which was invoked by marijuana. My goal for this topic is to inspire blizzard to think of a new class that World of Warcraft players have never witnessed before… Whatever you take from this topic, know that this is only the door, a rough outline of a dream… I will allow blizzard designers to take advantage of these ideas in the future for new expansions if they wish to do so, However, beware that this idea is copyrighted, so if you try to steal these ideas without my permission, good luck Once you realize my vision for a new class, you will understand why I copyrighted these ideas.

© Savant/Primemeleon/Archaknaut/Supernoven 2003 - 2005 All Rights reserved

Savants- An evolving class
    If you ever played the game Fable, the concept that makes the game epic is having complete control over your character’s destiny by completing certain quest. Gamers enjoy the idea of knowing they have control over their character’s destiny, whether it’s good or evil.
    My vision for Savants is just that; an evolving class that can be shaped by the player’s actions through limitless options, opening new doors to unique specs and traits.
    This new passive Trait system will make sure that no two evolved Savants are the same. Savants will start a revolution of new classes, that which are molded by specific quests. For this type of game play to work, the Savants must start at lvl 1, differing from Deathknights which started at lvl 55. This will encourage more Wow players to enjoy the questing experience of WoW, rather than the broken idea of “Yes!! Just three more lvls to go!” Studies have shown that gamers who enjoy World of Warcraft create bonds with their character when undergoing the effort to level a toon, especially if they level continuously and master a unique spec. This system will encourage players to bond… evolve… and adapt with their Evolving Savants, mastering a specific spec. This type of system will also limit the amount of Savant classes that reach lvl 85-90 in a specific time. This doesn’t mean that this class is limited; it means that it will take more effort from the player to reach the maximum level, making it all that more rewarding and encouraging the player to master his/her leveling spec. The reason why I’m proposing this system is because of death knights. We all know what happened with the Lich king expansion; Blizzard made the mistake of initially starting the Deathknight at level 55. Many players rerolled death knights, lvl’d to 80 extremely quick without really enjoying the quest experience, and swamped arenas, bgs, and raids, causing a disproportion of class make-up. Savants will not follow this path. To see a level 85-90 Savant after 1 month on nonstop play-time will be rare, this class will probably take a several months to reach its peak in the game. This type of class will wear Mail armor. However, the Supernoven talent tree will give players the option of allowing their character to wear plate and use a shield. (Yes, Supernoven Savants are badass tanks ) your slowly evolving Savant reaches the maximum level, WoW gamers will enjoy the incredible experience of receiving passive traits and mastering a deadly spec…

Primemeleon – (PvP) A malific fungal creature that has slowly devolved, reverting back to it’s ancestral knowledge and walking on all four limbs. This creature is not to be taken lightly… Slashing and inoculating enemie’s with various Nature abilities, some of which deal direct/dot dmg or heal/absorb to help the Primemeleon. Completing specific world quests can passively buff certain spells and abilities. Depending on which quests you complete, you can transform your Savants passive traits and change your Savants appearance. 6/6 Primemeleon passive traits will transform your Primemeleon into it’s final stage… Mushroom plumes and constricting vines cover the creature as it evolves bark-like skin and long branch claws. If you decide to hybrid your passive buffs, your Savant’s appearance will still change according to the specific world quests you complete. (Which means you can mix and match passive buffs and still receive the graphic benefit)

Supernoven – (PvE) Molten, pyroclastic beings who combust enemies from within. These beings posses the power to overwhelm any enemy with Molten slashes, magma plumes, and solidifying abilities. Completing specific world quests can passively buff certain aspects of this talent tree. 6/6 Supernoven passive buffs will transform your Supernoven into its final stage… Molten tears sear into your flesh as your eyes and knuckles blaze. Your footsteps leave trails of lava and you can also occasionally breathe fire…

Archaknaut – (PvE-PvP) Crystallized Arcane Knights… Enough said. This evolution possesses abilities that deal massive AE arcane damage and direct burst dmg. This evolution enlightens the Savant with arcane abilities, crystallizing spikes throughout the Archaknaut and his body and can occasionally inflict Archaknite fragments on attackers. 6/6 Archaknaut passive buffs will transform your Savant into its final stage… Your limbs and shoulders become riddled with giant clusters of arcane shards and your footsteps transmute arcane crystals…

Unique Quest line/ Passive Traits
    The quest line for this new class is extensive beyond anything other… As your templar slowly evolves, it transforms in order to adapt to it’s environment. What makes this class so unique is the leveling system. As your Savant reaches higher levels, unique quests all throughout Azeroth will become available to your Savant. Depending on what quests you complete in a certain order, your templar will receive passive traits for certain slashes and abilities. These passive abilities will also enhance your Savant character’s graphics, igniting flame knuckles and breathes fire occasionally. The Savant will receive 6 passive traits once reaching the maximum level. Graphic effects are influenced by how many passive traits you have according to each talent tree. Depending on what quests you initiate, wow gamers will ultimately affect the outcome of their Savant, or more precisely what passive traits and spec your templar will specialize in…

I believe this type of evolving class will attract WoW players because human beings thrive on uniqueness.
    I personally would enjoy having my own unique Archaknaut Savant with flame knuckles. Finding two Savants that have the same spec and same passive abilities/buffs is something that will be extremely rare. WoW gamers will still have the ability to change their passive traits by completing the designated quest in specific areas around Azeroth.
    Primemeleon passive trait quests are located in The Wetlands, Dustwallow Marsh, and the Swamp of Sorrows.
    Supernoven passive trait quests are located in Searing Gorge, The Blasted Lands, and The Burning Steppes.
    Archaknaut passive trait quests are located in the Dalaran Ruins, hopefully WoW designers will create environments for the Archaknaut’s evolution.

- These unique quests change according to your level, so if you’re at the maximum level, then each unique quest will be available to you on the highest difficulty quest rank. This system encourages players to initiate quests in order to receive passive traits, whether you’re changing your spec or trying out new passive abilities or rearrange graphic designs on your character. Although some people might see this as a hassle, I believe this system will work. WoW gamers feel good after accomplishing challenging quests. Promoting quests that grant you passive buffs and transform your graphics design is epic. This system will make players feel like they’ve earned their unique spec, from level one
    Now that the quest line system has been explained, this new class is starting to take shape. Now lets take a look at how these evolving classes will deal damage in both PvE and PvP.

Slashes/Thrusts and Focus
    What if there was a class that stacked points like a rogue, but strikes the enemy like a Deathknight? But what if that very same class could also change their spec and harness consumable orbs of arcane to react certain abilities? And yet that very same class could also change their spec again and become a supernova tank!?! Your probably thinkin’, “Hell yeah! That’s the class Im lookin’ for!” Evolving Savants are going to be a class that is totally unique to anything Wow gamers have ever seen… It all comes down to slashes, Savants will have multiple abilities that slash the enemy in various ways, each slash rewarding a point and having a reactive ability, just like rogues. As the points stack, Savant’s can activate certain abilities; finishers, survival abilities, debuffing abilities, etc. Here are some of the slashes/Thrusts that will be incorporated with this new class:

Fungal Slash – Primemeleon 25 focus - (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through questlines) Deals X amount of direct nature damage and inflicts the target with Fungal spores, dealing Y amount of damage over 15 seconds. Rewards one point.

Reclusive Slash – 25 focus - Anytime you miss with a melee strike, this slash becomes active. Instantly dodge the next melee attack you encounter and slash the enemy for X amount of damage. Cannot be dodged or parried. Rewards one point.

Cyclone slash – 35 focus - Swing your blade recklessly, dealing X amount of physical damage to 3-5 targets within a 5 yard range. Rewards one point.

Tectonic slash – Supernoven 35 focus - (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through questlines) Slash your target for X amount of physical damage, reducing their armor by Y for 16 seconds, stacks 5 times. Targets inflicted with tectonic slash cannot stealth for the duration. Rewards one point.

Molten Slash – Supernoven 25 focus - (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through quest lines) Deals X amount of direct fire/physical damage to the target and debuffs the target, increasing the damage done by your fire abilities and greatly increasing your threat. Rewards one point.

Vulcan Slash – Supernoven - 35 focus - (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through quest lines) Slash the target intensely, dealing X amount of crushing damage and shatters the ground, creating a pyroclastic area effect. Standing in this pyroclastic area grants you Pyroclastic intensity, regenerating your focus and igniting your body, increasing damage done by 5%.

Archanite Slash – Archaknaut - 25 focus - (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through questlines) Deal X amount of direct arcane damage and inflict targets with Archaknite fragments. Rewards one point.

Shattering Slash – Archaknaut - 35 focus - (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through questlines) AE ability, Shatter the ground with arcane potency, Dealing X amount of direct arcane damage to all targets into front of the Archaknaut (cone effect) and also has a chance in inflict targets with Archaknite fragments. 20 second CD. (This ability’s effectiveness can be increased by stacking points. In other words, it will have ranks.) Consumes points

Gigaton Slash – 25 focus - Strike the ground with intense force, dealing X amount of damage (decent dmg) paralyzing your target for 2-3 seconds. Other slashes can break this effect. Rewards one point.

Deciduous Slash– Primemeleon - 35 focus - (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through quest lines). Slash your target with intense force, silencing the target for 4 seconds and dealing X amount of direct nature/physical damage .This ability can only be used when Fungal Spores is active on the target. 20 second CD. (This ability’s effectiveness can be increased by stacking points. In other words, it will have ranks.) Consumes points

Kinetic Slash – 25 focus - Slash the target with lighting speed, dealing X amount of physical damage and increasing your focus regeneration by 30% for 8 seconds. Rewards one point.

Carnivorous Thrust – 30 focus - Primemeleon (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through quest lines). Charge the target from the shadows and deal X amount of Lance/Nature damage. Damaged doubled if behind the target. Rewards one point.

Archon Thrust – 30 focus - Archaknaut (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through quest lines). Consumes one Archaknite orb (Archaknite orbs will be discussed in the Archaknaut topic/post. Drift towards your target and deal X amount of Lance/Arcane damage. This thrust also increases the damage done by your next Archaknite fragment ability by 10% (Archaknite fragments will be discussed in the Archaknaut topic/post) Rewards one point.

Forging Thrust – 30 focus - Supernoven (specialized slash that can be passively buffed through quest lines). Leap towards your enemy in fiery haste and deal X amount of Lance/Fire damage. This thrust greatly increases your threat! Rewards one point.

As you can see, some slashes and Thrusts will be enhanced by the quest line system, while other slashes are usable for any spec and can be used in certain situations (tectonic slash is used to stun one target, cyclone slash is used for quick AE damage, etc.) Using these slashes appropriately is the key to mastering this new class.

No more energy, rage, mana, or runes… The Slash/Point system is built around Focus. Just like a hunter’s pet, but modified to accommodate the Savant’s abilities and slashes. Certain slashes and abilities (as well as set bonuses) will grant you focus regeneration for increased bursting. Keep in mind this is just the beginning. Once players master their techniques, this class will evolve into a deadly foe…

The Beginning…
    This is just one idea for the future of World of Warcraft; Evolving classes that adapt to specific roles throughout the game. This is just an introduction… I will provide more posts that specifically break down each talent tree for the Savant class. The purpose of this introduction is to get WoW gamers familiar with how this new class will work and to inspire others to think creatively. If you have been inspired by my creativity, then feel free to post your own ideas for an evolving class. Feedback is vital for balancing out new classes and encouraging more people to think constructively.

If Blizzard game designers are interesting in my ideas for an evolving class, feel free to contact me at (954)-752-8874 or you can email at Friskydingo78@yahoo.com. I would be honored in helping blizzard game designers create my vision for a new class. I’m currently looking for an opportunity in the gaming industry to revolutionize how gamers interact with their characters and how characters evolve according to the player. Though this is far from a resume, I enjoy harnessing my creativity to fuel my love for gaming. All that I ask in return is that my ideas our not to be stolen and used inappropriately. These ideas our copyrighted and protected.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Inspired! A new class has evolved! The Savant

that which was invoked by marijuana.
    ^ this made me stop reding since I realized that all you wanted people to know is that you smoke weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

15+ Year Old Account

So, any general idea how it may look like?

This is a fansite, try the official forum.

Your ideas seem cool to me
    Quote Originally Posted by akav
    Rihanné crits your hopes and dreams for 9999999(99999overkill).
    Your hopes and dreams die.

Deleted

I like these ideas. I like the sound of the Arcane Knight. It's awesome ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Muschi
    ^ this made me stop reding since I realized that all you wanted people to know is that you smoke weed.
    "Am I cool yet?"

[quote=Kazakastan78 ]
    [i]

''a new hero was called forth from the heavens… Fallen angels…''

From here and below it fails

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakastan78
    [i]Supernoven – (PvE) Molten, pyroclastic beings who combust enemies from within. These beings posses the power to overwhelm any enemy with Molten slashes, magma plumes, and solidifying abilities. Completing specific world quests can passively buff certain aspects of this talent tree. 6/6 Supernoven passive buffs will transform your Supernoven into its final stage… Molten tears sear into your flesh as your eyes and knuckles blaze. Your footsteps leave trails of lava and you can also occasionally breathe fire…
    This. But please, no more melees to this game.

Cool idea tough, I sincerely hope you get someone from Blizzard to read this.

This.

Deleted

Meh can't read but if its good post on official forums...our opinion doesnt do anything here.

Arent savant those persons with autism that develop a particular skill, like counting items really fast?

Fitting, this whole thread is fucking retarded.
    And Fangtooth...........................................................................[size=25pt]make it on a PvP server[/size]

Well first of all id like to say that u really are beggin for attention to yourself with this thread. The fact that you copyrighted it and posted it here is lamer then lameness itself. If u was in any way serious about wanting to contribute to Wow then you would send this almighty "vision" of yours through the proper channels and not here.

As for you ideas you have some nice ideas, i can see Fable, Starcraft, Diablo have been your inspirations. Bit of copy-paste and mix match with wow and some euphoria and your vision is complete.

More so the point that you left your number (if its real,lol?) is amazingly weak and wanting even more attention.

Reality check:

1)However, beware that this idea is copyrighted, so if you try to steal these ideas without my permission, good luck
    Anyone can steal this idea, wake up!

The purpose of this introduction is to get WoW gamers familiar with..
    What makes you think they would incoporate this feature into wow, and not make it
    into a another game by it self when WoW as it is sells millions and millions of gamers enjoy it cause its like it is now?

If Blizzard game designers are interesting in my ideas for an evolving class, feel free to contact me at..
    A multi million worldwide company and you want them to contact YOU ??? And though a fansite?? Thats really funny to me

Well to end this i would just like to give you some advise, i like and to some extent share your enthusiasm for WoW and games in general but really dude get a life or make one? You think you got great ideas for gaming then go study something and get involved like everyone else in the gaming industry who spent time,money and effort to get there, Posting your copyrighted "vision" on fansite isnt the way to go if your are serious(which i think you aint) most probally you thought well lets post my idea to the wow community and maybe blizzard will see it and the fish will bite the bait, oh and i will add a hook just to make sure the fish doesnt get away with it for free....

Remember its only a game, in real life you have to work to get some things, most of the time and please when you smoke weed avoid the internet vision posting it just shows your age/ignorance/mild dissillution of reality.

gosh darnet, muschi stopped reading and started listening to his linkin park album... another soul lost. :-\
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Ok so you're saying focus is different from energy? Really, think about it. It's the same. It just is a different color, name, and regen rate: it works the same exact way. This idea would be so overpowered too. Not only that, it just sounds like a DK again and instead of building runic power you build the creatively named, "points". It's just it sounds too good and it's been done.

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    gosh darnet, muschi stopped reading and started listening to his linkin park album... another soul lost. :-\
    I can see that alot of people do not enjoy marijuana like I and millions of people do, however thats not what's important here. If you want to latch on the irrelavent things within this post, then you are a agtagonists who has forgotten how to use your creativity to expand on the things you love. I use to love WoW alot. I have taken a break from the game, but I just recently started coming up with some creative ideas for a new class.
    I DID NOT WRITE THIS TO GET ATTENTION FROM SOBER MORONS!
    I DID NOT WRITE IT TO SAY I SMOKE WEED.
    I DID NOT WRITE THIS FOR A JOB OPPORTUNITY.
    I wrote this post because I thrive on creativity. If I can inspire one person in this post think creatively, then my work here is done. Thats why I wrote this post. If I can inspire Wow game designers to help this class come alive, then thats a plus. nonetheless, I understand that my ideas are not meant for this type of website. I will post the complete archive my ideas on the offical blizzard website. Like I've said before, whatever you take from this topic, just know thats its only a door. In response to some people, yes you have the ability to take my ideas if u wish to do so. But I find that you've done this without my permission, you will be sued. Call it lame or whatever, but I put alot of effort and creativity into these ideas and I want to protect that. It takes the Wow community to make it happen. I enjoy your constructive feedback. Please continue give me feedback about this new class.

BTW Some Savants in the world are retarded, but posses incredible abilities to count, adapt, and evolve. Not all Savants are retarded. Just goes to show that some poeple speak without knowing that their talknig about.

As for the Focus/point system, Focus will be similar to energy, but capping at 200 instead of 100-130. Though it seems similar to rogues and DKs, its not if you look at each spec. I will shed more light on the specific specs. The Focus/point system will be the basis for each spec, however each spec will use it in a unique way.

QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    So, any general idea how it may look like?
    Im developing art for each unique design this class has to offer. My goal is to design one race (Savant) which can evolved into three different types of classes/specs.

Primemeleon is going to be the coolest looking... For now just try and imagine a rogue-like creature that walks on all four limbs, weilds a massive blade, and is covered in fungal blooms and thicket.

Ill post some pictures as soon as i finish part 2 of this thread

So you had an idea, tought it was great and tought you were the first to come up with it...

How cute...... now get back down to earth before you hurt anyone

Seriously, Unique characters, no 2 characters ever the same, evolving looks?
    Yeah, great idea, but the immense amount of work required for that would make your idea worthless to WoW. Maybe you can try it for their next MMO.
    To put so much effort into a single class.....

Better implemet a system that lets lvl 85 players evolve when alrdy at max lvl. That way the development time would be better spent.

Oww and come up with better names......Savant >.>
    Anyway I'm sure you are just as thrilled with this idea as you were before I ranted on it, but hey, if it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anyone, keep the hope alive!

Gamedesigner, being honored to work on WoW, just the credit for the ideas.....sounds so familiar....ow yeah, almost every gamer wants to create a game in the genre they like, so they can "perfect" it. Lol, your naiviety is adorable.

Keep the hope alive!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

15+ Year Old Account

well points for imagination
    I take points from you admitting being high..
    i give point for overall well thought idea...
    I take points from hard implement and balancing issues.

so 0 points but warm hand for good work

i actually red this wall o txt
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

So you had an idea, tought it was great and tought you were the first to come up with it...

Yeah thats what it pretty much comes down too. I haven't seen any MMO that has a class that walks on all four limbs, creeping up on enemies and dealing nature damage (primemeleon), nor have i seen arcane knights before (archaknaut), or molten tanks (supernoven). These ideas a purely original, I enhanced some ideas from other WoW classes but for the most part, each specific spec for the Savant is totally unique.

I agree with you, the development of this new class would be immense. However, do you honestly think providing a evolving system at level 85 for all classes would be better? I think it would equal out to the same effort and programming IMO. Its not like this leveling system is super complex. It comes down to several quest chains becoming active at certain levels and granting you passive traits, thats it. WoW makes hundreds of quests, some of which are unique to classes ( warlocks, shamens, etc), Its only as complex as you make it. This idea is solid, but I thank for providing feedback. Im still convinced this unique questline system will attract many Wow gamers.

On another point, im a honest person, I got nothing to hide. I would be lying to you if I said i don't smoke weed. These creative ideas were enhanced by my destructive hobby. But i honestly believe weed provokes more creativity than alcohol ever could. Condemming me for my love for marijuana is ridculous, I just wanted to honest in my thread.