Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Soundfiles Transcript

I'm kinda torn on this -- I think Darion and Tirion are the most likely candidates. Of the faction-based characters, Varian or Thrall would be the next most likely. I don't really wish it on either of them, though -- Thrall, because he's too awesome and deserves better, and Varian, because frankly I don't want to see him have that central a role in all this. Nice to read he might actually show some compassion and step back from "ALL 0RCZ MUST DI3" mentality for a second.

Sylvanas is probably the best equipped to do the job, but ostensibly we already know she doesn't, because doesn't some of the Cataclysm literature have her leading the attack on Gilneas?

sylvanas isnt neither good neither pure . Shes still mad for revenge her purposes arent so nice and cute .

Doubt anyone would thrust her the scourge tbh ...
    More epic ending for thrall apart granting him the role of the one of the most important beings currently ingame ... Oh well i wouldnt mind

Go now, and defeat the Prince of Darkness.
    Holy Crap! He just instructed us to kill Ozzy Osbourne!

SHAROOOOOOON!!!!

Tal Rasha is the next lich king, canyon of the magi was simply a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    I'm thinking more along the lines of "who are you and what have you done with Varian Wrynn."
    What, my Varian Wrynn no longer comes with a double serving of pure rage?

I want my money back.

im swaying on the jaina becoming the lich queen here, i cant see her becoming it, from a personal pov, but, on the other hand, thinking about it more, and how blizz want more horde/alliance squabbling/fighting in cata, which ofc most already kno they have announced just that, having jaina around would, as she usually does, keep things more level. However, just my own gut feeling, i dont think she will become the lich, rather, she will die, all emotional n stuff, leaving the only real bastion of hope between the horde/alliance gone, opening up said conflict in cata. giving rise to thrall goin on a mission somewere in grief n thats how he ended up on a boat awash, while he was soul searching having lost what would now be 2 women (humans) in his life he cared about the most (tabatha/jaina)

bolvar becoming the next lich is a worthy note, he's gonna be too scarred physically/mentally to return to the alliance at all, so may take up the reigns of the lich king, showing already he has a great will to resist all attempts to convert him.
    tirion, again with his past could be, but i feel more likely that he will just die at the hands of the lich king, after all the talk, he just couldnt do it, but some twist, him giving the ashbringer to some1 (whoever that may be) would be his way of helping to reach his goal in watching the lich king fall with his last breath.

i dont think darion would become the lich, he spent long enogh in servitude, and now he has just broke free, i dont think he would relish it, and so opt out of the running.

again all personal opinion, cant wait to find out what actually happens tho... exciting times

So many funny quotes XD. But some of them...oh, Blizz, you DIDN'T use the 'merely a setback' thing again! Come on. >.<

As far as who the new LK is going to be, I really hope it isn't Tirion--as a total Horde fangirl, even I adore him almost as much as I do Thrall, which is saying something, seeing as I'm also a hardcore Thrall fangirl. He is an amazing character and I don't want to see him have to bear such a curse.

In addition...holy crap Varian, I totally don't hate you anymore, which is REALLY saying something. I've always detested him and Garrosh...but here I think he has grown as a person with all the things he has seen. Wow, my hat's off to you, King of Stormwind, you are now officially a cool character. Now when we lose Thrall in Cataclysm, the Horde is going to have a fricking crappy leader in Garrosh and Alliance will be all awesome with Varian. At least BEFORE this, I thought, well, at least we will both have to deal with a douche for a leader. Now it's just us again. -.- Grats, Alliance.
    My ragebar is blue...AND I START THE FIGHT PISSED OFF!
    Quote Originally Posted by esontai
    If Deathwing so much as uses the word setback I'm gonna be p*ssed.

New LK = Fordragon. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

"I think I made an angry poopoo! It gonna blow!" - Rotface hahahaha!
    Wildanimal
    80 Night Elf Druid
    Resto/Feral tank

Im glad Boub posted this in a separate thread, that way we can discuss important lore without people whining over the LoH nerf and the Shaman t10 :

Wasn't there something before about One that was lost shall make a sacrifice for all?

I'm thinking Bolvar or Muradin as the new Lich King. BOlvar gets new armor to hide his burned skin...akin to Darth F'n Vadar.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

100% drop to the First Server Kill and then we have that new Lich King there? : )

Oh my god so many epic quotes XD

can someone upload all the soundfiles so we can download them? please

Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    He doesn't sound alive. It's a ghostly voice. Very echoey.
    only read the text, my bad there, voice is prolly coming from froustmourne itself

15+ Year Old Account

Oh and one more thing about "XYZ was merely a setback" and "In the mountains":

I really don't believe in a coincidence. Blizz makes fun about it because the fans talk about these lines so much.
    And think about it: Did they ever actually use the "merely a setback"-line ingame after Magister's Terrace Kael'thas? I don't think so.

As for the new Lich King:
    My vote is still on Bolvar. He takes the burden of the Crown because he can't return to the alliance the way he is now and after what he has witnessed: The torture, how the Lich King broke Draenosh Saurfang (this is his real name, isn't it?) and the voice of Frostmourne in his mind slowly driving him to madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax
    Something just occured to me, which is going to totally fuck over this whole Davy Jones approach to the LK...

So some good guy becomes the lichy. Fine. I assume he then tells all his scourge minions that killing people is bad and stuff, and that they should all start their own organic fruit guardens instead. That's fine too...

But then with that in regard, unless blizz wants to COMPLETLY screw over their own lore, what else is left for people to kill in northrend? Seriously! If the scourge turn into greenies then the rest of the whole xpack is going to be somewhat retarded.

"Yay!" Says Bob, "The bad lich king is overthrown and we now have a carebear one instead! The scourge are no longer a threat!"
    "Yeah it's pretty cool huh! Say, wanna do the tournament dailies?"
    "What do you need to do?"
    "Well a bunch of scourge are trying to kill us so...wait...what?"

See my point?
    Real time storyline progression doesn't work unless everything is phased, which it isn't.

Thanks to addgreenmana for the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    IC_HPutricide_SummonOoze01 - Two oozes, one room! So many delightful possibilities...
    LOL. I wonder who came up with this one...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korialstrasz&n=Dalcybel

I am quite suprised that Kel'Thuzad hasn't been concidered as the next Lich King.

1. He is.. Well.. A lich.
    2. His apparent absence from the Citadel would imply that he is regenerating his body after what happened in Naxxramas.
    3. He is a necromancer of no small power and gaining the powers of the Lich King would make him surpass the current Lich King in terms of magical power and control over undead in expence of martial prowess.

Alternately, the Lich King might pull a Lucius and eventually posses whoever deals the killing blow.