Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Pet Store

Quote Originally Posted by Vk
    Money is the only acceptable form of protest nowadays?

But even if it is: I've already done what you said. Appearantly, giving me the right to whine now?
    Allow me to recapture the spirit of my post for you then:

Complaining about something on a third-party forum is NOT the way to protest a change. Especially when one (note I'm not singling you out here) refuses to do anything material about it.

Writing Blizzard an email expressing your distress at this change? That's actually doing something.

Cancelling your account and informing them that this change is the reason that you're cancelling? That's actually doing something.

Whining about how terrible this change is and what vile excuses for human beings run Blizzard Entertainment on a third-party forum where they're never even going to read it, and will happily continue to collect your money (which equates to tacit approval)? That's about as useful as sitting in an empty room complaining about how evil slavery is, and then going out to the plantation to make your slaves work faster.

If you don't approve of something, take some positive action. If you're not willing to stand up for your argument in some constructive manner, your opinion means nothing to me - and in my opinion the fact that you don't even play anymore gives you even less right to be here whining (yeah, I said it) about a change that has no effect on you whatsoever.

There are plenty of effective forms of protest these days. However, when you're dealing with a corporation, money does speak the loudest.

Okay. My last post for today (YAY TROLL GONE )

I think the crying about it not being fair is bullshit, mostly because 80% of the crying is because some people can't pay it.

What if they did pay it? More than the half of those people would let it collect dust in their pet inventory after a day or two, or maybe even less. 3 Hours?

And I am getting pretty sick of this Archievement shit
    ''I WANT THIS SO I CAN COMPLETE MAH ARCHIEVEMENT EARLIER SO I CAN HAVE ONE EXTRA PET I CANT USE/SOME ARCHIEVEMENT POINTS WHICH HAS NO REASON AT THE MOMENT''

I believe this thread has stirred up more impassioned opinions than most elections manage to.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Hakkalan
    Okay. My last post for today (YAY TROLL GONE )

I think the crying about it not being fair is bullshit, mostly because 80% of the crying is because some people can't pay it.

What if they did pay it? More than the half of those people would let it collect dust in their pet inventory after a day or two, or maybe even less. 3 Hours?

And I am getting pretty sick of this Archievement shit
    ''I WANT THIS SO I CAN COMPLETE MAH ARCHIEVEMENT EARLIER SO I CAN HAVE ONE EXTRA PET I CANT USE/SOME ARCHIEVEMENT POINTS WHICH HAS NO REASON AT THE MOMENT''
    I was playing lol, soooo...bare with me, I need to play and response.

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    I was playing lol, soooo...bare with me, I need to play and response.
    Yeah dude I get it! It's not like I am not experienced with Trade/Barrens chat?! Eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorque
    There are plenty of effective forms of protest these days. However, when you're dealing with a corporation, money does speak the loudest.
    In your reasoning: "Nobody should ever write anything on a forum anywhere when they disagree with something, since it's pointless and nobody cares." - Might be true enough, although I'm pretty confident that you cared enough to read it, else you'd be unable to reply. And my only goal with my complaints is for other people to read it, else I'd be writing this all on my bedroom wallpaper instead now.

But let's pull your line of thought further... Should people be allowed to praise or 'celebrate' things they do agree with on forums? According to your reasoning, I guess not, since just as little people would still actually care and companies only care about money. So I'd almost think you'd be suggesting that instead of posting "yay that is great!" on forums, you'd be asking for people to stfu instead and go donate 5 more euros to blizzard instead? Since that is the only thing they appearantly care about - you said so yourself at least.

You think that is a good way of thinking about companies and the products they offer? Only money doing the talking?
    That is pretty fucked up if you ask me. I'd rather prefer a world in which I'd be free to post my opinions on forums wether they'd be positive or negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimbles
    I believe this thread has stirred up more impassioned opinions than most elections manage to.
    And it's not odd that a couple days after China ending their affliation with Blizz, that Blizz is allowing the purchase of the Pandaren Monk pet? IMO it's just a slap in China's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokigar
    And it's not odd that a couple days after China ending their affliation with Blizz, that Blizz is allowing the purchase of the Pandaren Monk pet? IMO it's just a slap in China's face.
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorque
    Allow me to recapture the spirit of my post for you then:

Complaining about something on a third-party forum is NOT the way to protest a change. Especially when one (note I'm not singling you out here) refuses to do anything material about it.

Writing Blizzard an email expressing your distress at this change? That's actually doing something.

Cancelling your account and informing them that this change is the reason that you're cancelling? That's actually doing something.

Whining about how terrible this change is and what vile excuses for human beings run Blizzard Entertainment on a third-party forum where they're never even going to read it, and will happily continue to collect your money (which equates to tacit approval)? That's about as useful as sitting in an empty room complaining about how evil slavery is, and then going out to the plantation to make your slaves work faster.

If you don't approve of something, take some positive action. If you're not willing to stand up for your argument in some constructive manner, your opinion means nothing to me - and in my opinion the fact that you don't even play anymore gives you even less right to be here whining (yeah, I said it) about a change that has no effect on you whatsoever.

lol you are crazy if you think I will cancel, only thing I want is gold, I know this game is going this way ;D ;D ;D
    Soon in the WOW store, buy your gold.

just give it some time, I wonder what's the next "charging service" they will provide...maybe mounts, lvl 55 toons or gold lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lokigar
    The whole Pandaren "issue" was dealt with before it had a chance to become a problem, and has remained misunderstood - and presumed ongoing - since then.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Wooo in game sales.

Did EA buy out wow or something?

In before in game items for real money. Oh wait.

I wonder what's next.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

A lot of these things get taken WAY out of hand.

It's anyone's choice to buy these items. Personally, I think this system is fine as long as they introduce pets that could already be obtained previously. I'm talking about collector edition pets, TCG pets/items, etc. It would be cool in that sense. At the same time, I would not mind if they kept adding only purchasable pets, but it would not be as nice.

For those saying: here come the purchasable gear... gold...

Please, get real. Blizzard is not dumb to do that and never will. If they add mounts, sweet. But they will not add gear or gold. Only "fun" stuff. While my reasoning behind this is not good, you have to keep in mind that Blizzard looks over even the slightest decisions to see what will come out of it. They make sure any choice they make is for the better of the company and the community. Of course there will always be those people who oppose what they do. That's the fact of life.

And my main point: If you read the FAQ you will find this:

Why are you introducing this service?
    The Pet Store provides a new way for players to obtain unique companion pets outside of the game, which is something that has been requested by many players who enjoy World of Warcraft's non-combat companions.
    Seems to me that the idea did not originate from themselves and rather the player-base. Who would have known with all this "QQ" (as people call it)?

I like how most of the people complaining about paying for in game items are probably 13 and live off their parents.

Seriously people, stfu.
    Never pick a fight with someone who has nothing to lose.

Either buy them or don't. Personally I will at least get the monk just for the charity aspect.

Honestly. How naive are people on here? Do you all think that all money you donate goes to the people the charity helps? There's operating costs , all the same things businesses have. I think some people complain just to complain.

Oh no! Blizzard is starting to do micro transactions, just like every other MMO out there. WoW is 5 years old, I wouldn't be surprised if WoW goes free to play in the next 2 years.

The new badge system is practically there as it is. Not much of a difference between doing a daily for a few weeks to get the current teir set, versus paying an extra $20 to just get the whole set.
    Dps, Hps, Tps, don't mean shit if the boss doesn't die.

Eh, as a step, this is potentially just a small one, and nothing to get worked up over. However, you can't take Blizzards "It will never happen." seriously. Some one before mentioned that several of the nevers didn't effect gameplay.....what about horde getting paladins, and alliance getting shaman? What about paid race changes? Paid faction changes? To a lesser degree even realm changes?

Anyway, the point is that if this is as far as it goes, simple cosmetic things such as pets or tabards, or even mounts, then it's not really an issue. But if it ever DOES lead to something more, such as selling gold or items, then I think a lot of the people here will have had justified points.

Now that I am thinking about it, didn't Blizzard just lose China? Wasn't that like, the source of 2/3rds of the gold selling population? Bet that knocked off a LOT of subscriptions.....

Lawl, keep complaining and PLAYING THE GAME, like you always do and will.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Lots of games start out with small, innocent real $$ purchases. Let's hope Blizzard doesn't take it further like the rest.

That said, I couldn't help but buy KT. /sucker

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora
    I think most people assume that the stockholders and employees of blizzard and activision are making games out of the goodness of their heart in order to entertain us, and the fees they collect are purely to break even. Grow up. They are out to make money.

The problem doesn't lie with the fact that companies want to make money. The problem lies with people like you that seem to think they invented hot water cause they feel they are one of the few people that understands that companies are actually there to ... make money. Wake up, look around. Your opinion is not new or groundbreaking, or revolutionary. The majority of people on this forum seem to agree with you. "Companies are there to make money", is a sound that lets you know the shephard and his wool isn't far away anymore.

Might be sad to realize that such a revolting idea, is actually the common denominator of your society though, considering, well it being a revolting idea ("something only caring about profit and not actual things that make life enjoyable"), being the main reason why you thought your insight in this matter was unique and special in the first place.

Oh, hey look! There is Big Bill, he sure likes money. But hey, he is a company. Haha, I'm gonna give him some money. Cause that is how society works! *Peers around to see if someone notices him being controversial*

Other flawed great arguments seem to be:
    A) I would've bought smokes with the 10 euros instead
    B) I got alot of money so it doesn't matter HURP DERP

Well I don't know about you, but I can think of an almost infinite amount of alternatives about what I could do with 10 euros instead of giving it to some fat-ass moneygrubbing company that already has a multi-million profit margin. I could buy flowers for my gf, I could donate it directly to charity, etc.

Now on another sidenote. What is the goal of people that actually buy these pets?
    Vanity. Fine. But does your pet have any value at all? Nope. You just spent 10 euros on something that basically has 0 value. You've purchased a vanity item in a game, let me repeat that for you: "game". In a game it's all about actually reaching goals and obtaining items, by actually playing the game. Everything else you'd do, is pretty pointless. Nice you've gotten yourself a pet. It looks cool for 3 seconds, but it in no way is related to the actual gameplay of the game. Activision thanks you for your intelligence to throw them 10 euros for absolutely no reason, except your urge to feel special and being recognized.

How does that make you feel? (Note that I already explained the difference between feeling revolted/violated and being special earlier in this reply).

I have no problem with the Pet Shop concept. Cosmetic pets are a less obnoxious form of microtransaction than most DLC that gets put out these days (see: Dragon Age launching with over $20 of DLC content).

Maybe if this gets popular enough Blizz can reduce WoW's monthly fee? Eh? No?

My only real complaint is that $10 is an absurd amount of money for a social pet. I mean... $4 maybe... but $10?

To put it in perspective: Lil' KT is 1/3 the price of the WotLK expansion, half the price of the Ballad of Gay Tony, and the same price as the Stone Prisoner. Come on now.