Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Pet Store

Quote Originally Posted by lb
    Hmmm... 10€ are not 10$ ... what a rip-off.
    yeah: 3.50$ ripoff :/

so long as this whole ordeal doesn't get out of hand, and its kept to vanity items, sure, why not. Hell, throw in some donations to Jerry's Kids and the Ronald McDonald House while your at it. At first glance, it does look fishy, but the more you actually think about it, a lot of people are jumping to the conclusion that this micro transaction type of thing is gonna ruin WoW... they have 2 pets up. whoopty do. when they start selling gear upgrades that are better than what you can get in game, then its time to QQ and go play Aeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hucklebuck
    Honestly with the amount of money pulled in monthly and the amount of content pushed out over the lifespan of the game Blizzard should be showering us with free pets/mounts/vanity items.

They have been woefully slow and should be ashamed that they are now opening up an item store for the game. If you buy into this bullshit just know that the next step is adding +experience or +power 'potions' to buy in there purchased using something called Blizz Bucks.

I don't play Korean games for this very reason. Pet shop...my ass.
    So... I guess the money blizzard gets goes straight to their pockets and their servers run off of rainbow juice?
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

1: You aren't forced to buy one
    2: It's for a good cause
    3: I used to play Maplestory and there you can buy items that makes your character look different, other emotions etc. I see nothing bad with.
    4: This kind of selling have already been out, heard of the TGC?

This was the quickest $20.00 I've ever spent.

Just bought my Lil KT!!!

Now this is just horrible, and not very unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account

No achievement for getting the the Pandaren Monk, but it does go towards the Lil Game Hunter achievement.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    So... I guess the money blizzard gets goes straight to their pockets and their servers run off of rainbow juice?
    as a mater of fact, they are ran by rainbow juice created from the tears of laughing unicorns. These unicorns are laughing at the leprichauns who are actually the blizzard GMs. Though according to National Inquirer, some of these leprichauns may in fact be circus midgets and carnival folk (non-darkmoon variety) who are from mars. Rainbow Juice ftw

I wouldn't probably pay out cash for a vanity pet that every man and his dog can have but

"we’ll donate 50 percent of the $10 purchasing price to the Make-a-Wish Foundation in an effort to brew up a little hope, strength, and joy in a child’s life."

makes me think at least part of my money is going to a good cause, so yeah why not I may buy one.
    "Your opinion is like an asshole, I don't need to hear it"
    "Just coz it's wrong, doesn't mean it ain't right"
    "The problem with non conformists is they’re all the same."

good enough quote for you Corg?

Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    Are you blind? More than half of each page is nothing more than pre-teens whining about how their mom won't give them a credit card to buy it.

Who the hell said you "HAVE" to pay for anything?

And is there something wrong with a for-profit company, whoa, trying to make a profit? Spare me your uneducated bullshit about how much money they make a year and how it somehow makes it trivial.

I'm convinced some of you people have an IQ of less than 40.

And hey Rugus, you know there's a solution to your dilemma, right? Stop being a customer of Blizzard. Problem solved.
    QUOTED
    FOR
    TRUTH

In before the "making moneyz iz bad!!!@$@$$" crowd comes in.

Well like it or not the little guys are cool.

Ice block's critters then laughs at them. He's my new best friend.

You guys weren't under the impression that Blizzard a charity or not-for-profit company were you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave

Why not give all the money to charity!!!!! Money grabbing bar-stewards!
    This, achievements for sale today and it will be gear/weapons/mounts tomorrow.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Ouch, i didnt seen that comming...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zushiba
    Ice block's critters then laughs at them. He's my new best friend.
    Sorry, but you make me sad :P

The selected World of Warcraft license is not available to play.
    Bugged in Europe?
    Never mind, I ran out of playtime today lol

Normally I wouldn't spend money on stuff like this, but I'm buying the pandaren monk because 50% goes to charity.... and it's pure awesomesauce.

Yay, I am so going to buy them both !

Oh and people c'mon... sure, Blizzard could make these available in-game via an achievement or whatever, but it's not like Blizzard is selling tier gear for money akin to how some other games sell items for real money. WoW isn't a microtransaction-supported game. These are just fun items that you can buy... don't people also buy the loot cards on eBay for pets and mounts? Instead of going to some random lucky eBayer, you're now supporting the company you know and love (or possibly hate right now :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Rugus
    Hiding a "pay real money for vanity item" behind the curtains of "charity" is the worst thing I have EVER seen in 3 years of gameplay. Really, I cannot find anything worst than this move from Blizzard in the past years, at least from my personal point of view.

I've seen tons of changes lately: PvE to PvP, gender change, race change, faction change, etc. That's fine. But trying to drag more customers in the net of Blizzard just whispering the word "charity" makes me feel bad and embarrassed for being a Blizzard customer.

ITS OPTIONAL. You dun hav to buy itz, cheap poor guy, lulz

Besides, your essentially just paying $5.
    Don't you want to help someone not as fortunate as your sorry ass?
    Most classes spend their entire /played time wondering if they made a difference.
    Paladins don't have that problem.