Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Introducing the Pet Store

if the money goes to charity then it seems like a good idea but if they start profiting alot form this that will be really sad. why have to pay for a pet like common now

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5
    Says on the store site the code is redeemable on US, EU and CH servers (Seriously, China servers? werent they against panda's... like... against the WHOLE WoW community?)

Anyway, I regret not being able to buy them, why Blizz, why only with Credit Card?
    I have yet to see an official statement (read: not ignorant forum banter) that ever claimed Pandaran's were excluded because of China.

If there is one, I'd love to see it. But I'm somehow doubting anyone will deliver a credible source.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Page 3 nearly and an astoundingly small amount of QQ!

So long as it's just vanity things you can pay extra for, there's honestly nothing wrong with that. I mean, look at something like... Gaia, or Maple Story. They make tons of money off of getting people to pay real money to make their terribad avatars look cool. This is a better solution than making it a super-rare CCG code, in any case, and, hey. CHARITY!

They are only donating 1/2 until Dec 31st. Then they are pocketing all the rest from then on out.

The only reason they are probably doing the charity thing is for people who wouldn't do it at all in the first place will probably buy both if they are buying one.

I have no problem with Blizz making money. Micropayments...please.

So that's where they came from.

Oh noes! A company finding new ways to make money!

BURN CAPITALISM! BURN IT TO THE GROUND! ITS NOT FAIR!!!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I hope its still in stock!

The Pandaren monk you get from the blizzard store does not do as much as the pandaren monk from in the youtube video

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    I think at least part of the reason is to prevent some the case of some (pet) ebay auction for $10,000 or something like that.
    Bingo. The TCG has dominated the market for cool in game items like this. The Monk and lil KT are far cooler than the TCG pets (imo) so I will be happy to only have to pay $10 for them if I choose rather than $50+ or whatever nutty amounts the monkey and hippogryff baby go for.

This is good supplemental income for Blizzard especially since they are facing the very real threat of permanently losing half their player base to Communism. No better way to prove Capitalism is better than through methods like this.

People complaining are people too poor to afford them. Already got my Lil KT, can't wait to redeem it. <333

Hiding a "pay real money for vanity item" behind the curtains of "charity" is the worst thing I have EVER seen in 3 years of gameplay. Really, I cannot find anything worst than this move from Blizzard in the past years, at least from my personal point of view.

I've seen tons of changes lately: PvE to PvP, gender change, race change, faction change, etc. That's fine. But trying to drag more customers in the net of Blizzard just whispering the word "charity" makes me feel bad and embarrassed for being a Blizzard customer.

_
    r

Nice to see am not obsessed over virtual items like many of you.

Can't wait to buy that Frostwyrm mount soon! (Makes sense, The Lich King's mightiest brood only for those who are the best in arena and for those who can reach deepest into their pockets!)

and it begins. as stated before, i didnt know WoW was a Korean MMO. Granted, yes, part of ONE of their items goes to charity. Yeah, ok, thats a good cause, but while everyone is saying "oh i should buy this cause it helps sick kids" blizz is saying "yes, buy this to help our walle... I mean sick kids" WTB full sized onyxia mount for 20 blizzbucks!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sastik
    The Pandaren monk you get from the blizzard store does not do as much as the pandaren monk from in the youtube video
    I fully expect that the in game pet has all the animations that the youtube video shows. The blizzard store just shows a small part of its animation. You'd expect them to show all of its awesome animations though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugus
    Hiding a "pay real money for vanity item" behind the curtains of "charity" is the worst thing I have EVER seen in 3 years of gameplay. Really, I cannot find anything worst than this move from Blizzard in the past years, at least from my personal point of view.

I've seen tons of changes lately: PvE to PvP, gender change, race change, faction change, etc. That's fine. But trying to drag more customers in the net of Blizzard just whispering the word "charity" makes me feel bad and embarrassed for being a Blizzard customer.

GTFO
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

this reminds me Gunz Online

EU players are getting ripped of witha 10 euro cost instead..

as a comparason, 10 USD = 69 SEK, 10 Euro = 102 SEK... (10 USD = 6.42 Euro)

If you guys really care that much about the charity part, go donate $5 without getting something in return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    this isn't a troll. the OP is maybe 9. If we're lucky.
    The following applies to AV!
    Quote Originally Posted by gehennaspawn
    Acid Bath > Win > Loss > 40 minute turtle > Jonas brothers

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Page 3 nearly and an astoundingly small amount of QQ!

So long as it's just vanity things you can pay extra for, there's honestly nothing wrong with that. I mean, look at something like... Gaia, or Maple Story. They make tons of money off of getting people to pay real money to make their terribad avatars look cool. This is a better solution than making it a super-rare CCG code, in any case, and, hey. CHARITY!
    Are you blind? More than half of each page is nothing more than pre-teens whining about how their mom won't give them a credit card to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzay
    if the money goes to charity then it seems like a good idea but if they start profiting alot form this that will be really sad. why have to pay for a pet like common now
    Who the hell said you "HAVE" to pay for anything?

And is there something wrong with a for-profit company, whoa, trying to make a profit? Spare me your uneducated bullshit about how much money they make a year and how it somehow makes it trivial.

I'm convinced some of you people have an IQ of less than 40.

And hey Rugus, you know there's a solution to your dilemma, right? Stop being a customer of Blizzard. Problem solved.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"