Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: PTR for patch 3.3 Best dk dps spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbringer
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...mDEc,HFp,10952

wouldn't it be this unless ur melee does more than your deathcoils which i don't think is true idk u tell me. but if death coil does more damage than melee then wouldn't it be wise to obtain 3/3 for morbidity instead of 3/3 for bcb
    Simply put, BCB outscales Morbidity in a raid environment, and will continue to do so in 3.3 due to stronger hitting weapons(954 - 1592 base
    and 825 - 1238 base)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    I haven't been able to do any raid testing to demonstrate it but the sims that I have been running suggest that in 3.3 unholy will outperform blood even without 4t9, and 2t10 is a lot better for unholy than it is for blood so I can't see much changing.
    As I've said. I agree with you on the guess that Unholy will blow all others outta the water in 3.3, just that I hadn't seen any math for it. And the set bonus thing was about 3.2 sooooo :P

Deleted

I am a tad excited to actually see the 3.3 UH changes at work. If it is as much a buff as some people say (I have not had time to go to the PTR myself), then I believe that Unholy will be the superior DK PvE raid spec, both with regards to single targets and multiple targets.

HOWEVER:

Play what you like guys. Death Knights are in a happy place where all specs are quite viable for raiding through the buffs they provide, the damage they can do, all with different playstyles. I myself play Unholy (though for the Ebon PLaguebringer buff; if Blood/frost was superior, i would probably still stick to UH to provide my fellow raiders with this AWESOME buff on multiple targets. I also quite love the spec and playstyle), have tried both DW frost and Blood, and can say that the balance between DK DPS raid specs is currently superior to many other classes who are forced into one single DPS spec if they want a shot at the meters.

So take advantage of that It is really on of the things im very happy about with Death Knight class balance atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24
    Change the meta to 21AGI 3% Crit, it does more for you.

Don't gem for socket bonuses, you only need 1 blue, so keep a 10str 15 stam or a +10All Stats and the rest should be all +20 Str.

Get rid of the ArP Gem. ArP is only good if you have soft cap, and you won't. We really don't need it unless we are Blood and you're Frost.

You don't need 700 hit, that's for White hits and noone gets white hit capped. All you need is special hit cap which is ~8%.

Take a look at Premo's Frost DK if you need someone to follow.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...27jin&n=Devium
    The 21 Crit meta is better for Unholy as it affects your disease crit % -- 21 Agi for all other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deck
    The 21 Crit meta is better for Unholy as it affects your disease crit % -- 21 Agi for all other specs.
    This is correct but you need two blue sockets with socket bonuses of 6 strength or better to make the 21 crit meta better, otherwise you're better off with the 21 agi one.

Play the spec you enjoy most and are most comfortable, that is the spec you will do most dps with

What Glyphs are the best for unholy single target build? Dark Death, Icy Touch and Ghoul? Or maybe I should pick Glyph of Unholy Blight?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut
    What Glyphs are the best for unholy single target build? Dark Death, Icy Touch and Ghoul? Or maybe I should pick Glyph of Unholy Blight?
    Dark Death, Icy Touch and Ghoul is best for single target.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    Dark Death, Icy Touch and Ghoul is best for single target.
    Glyph of Disease replaces Glyph of Dark Death now because it allows for more SS in your rotations which means more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Glyph of Disease replaces Glyph of Dark Death now because it allows for more SS in your rotations which means more damage.
    my rotation doesn't allow GoD so its best to refresh.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

im so confused i thought they changed GoD to do something else besides replenish diseases. but if it didn't then wouldn't it be logical to have on move refresh diseases than 2?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    my rotation doesn't allow GoD so its best to refresh.
    Then you're doing the UH rotation wrong.

The new UH single target uses GoDisease.

After SS nerf/fix (pick what you want) Unholy is still the best spec for ICC or again blood is superior?