Which tailoring specialization is best for locks?

I'm at 350 in tailoring and I'm not sure which to choose.

Shadoweave Tailoring
    Spellfire Tailoring

Re: Which tailoring specialization is best for locks?

It totally doesn't matter anymore. Pick up whatever cloth sells for more on the AH.

If you're twinking at 70 and going for the full 70 set, as a lock go shadoweave I'd say. Getting a free 2% of dmg done as health back is nice.

At 80, ebonweave(wrath version of shadoweave) is nice because it has stam, int, tons of hit and Spellpower , whereas spellweave(wrath version of spellcloth) gets int, spirit, haste and spellpower. Although the only bonus of the specialzation is 2x the cloth when making it, anyone can wear any of the three sets.

I agree, at 70 the specific set bonuses would have been a clear choice for one or the other, but at 80 it is just a case of which cloth you wish to get 2 for the price of 1 out of. Purely from a money view that would be spellweave since it tends to have a higher sell price, as well as requiring the most expensive outlay in terms of mats to produce. Though if you intend to either craft, or get crafted some boe items then I would go for whichever cloth you will need the most of for those.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    It totally doesn't matter anymore. Pick up whatever cloth sells for more on the AH.

The Shadoweave set will take you to 80 if you're playing Affliction.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

It also takes 13 cooldowns to make the entire thing. If you're not buying/borrowing cooldowns that's over a month. It takes far less time to level 1-80 than it does to make the Shadoweave set yourself, which is why you would be speccing Shadoweave.

So again.. just pick whatever sells for the most. When you need the others you can sell your cloth to buy the others, thus making a profit.

im at 440 tailoring, and i see SW as the best

shadoweave was better at 70... but the bejeweled bracers and merlins robe take a total of 16 spellweave and 8 ebonweave... so, you might want to go spellfire...

plus spellfire is going for twice as much on the ah as the other clothes most likely because of the robe and bracers...

Spellweave...Spellfire is best choice as mentioned....Eternal fire can get expensive...eternal shadow is cheap...also easier to farm if your a destro lock.

I wonder if they have released the mats for the ICC crafted gear yet. If so whatever cloth is needed the most thats the one u spec into and then if u dont need urself hold on a bit until the patterns become readily available then sell high and make some awsome profit. lol. I dont think the mats have been released yet but i could be wrong if i am could some1 post a link =P
    Edit*
    I checked on wow head the new patterns do have their mats

the mats cost for spellweave is something like eight times the mats cost for ebonweave

also : Spellfire sounds cooler AND has a cooler icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    the mats cost for spellweave is something like eight times the mats cost for ebonweave

also : Spellfire sounds cooler AND has a cooler icon.
    8x?... that's one screwed up server economy... all you need is 1x imbued frostweave (which you need for both) and 2x eternal fires (usually around 30g on my server) vs 2x eternal shadows (usually around 20g on my server) for ebonweave...

both eternals are easily farmable by doing 1-2 circuits of the designated areas in wg (when your faction has control)... farming the mats is very easy and you have 3 days of cooldown to do the 2 minutes of farming...

cost shouldn't be a factor, profit and utility should be... and spellweave wins both of them at 80...

It depends if you need the hit from Skyweaver Vestments from ToGc Twin Val'Kyr