Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3.3.0 Shadow Priest Glyphs

So given that I am not expecting to have mana issues in 3.3.0 I was wondering what people were planning replacing Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain with. The other glyphs just don't seem to me to be all that appealing. If this thread exists I apologize and could you direct me there, thanks in advanced.

Deleted

Re: 3.3.0 Shadow Priest Glyphs

There isn't really need to speculate, because there isn't much choice. MF, shadow and SW:P glyphs are the way to go. The SW glyph is useless.

Although I have alot of lvl245 gear I still expect SW:P glyph to be useful in 3.3. Having about 20% faster dots raidbuffed will mean that dots take 20% more mana to keep up, and even more during buffs like heroism. That's going to drain mana fast when multidotting. The nice thing about the SW:P glyph is that you can get the mana regen from multiple targets, so it makes multidotting more mana efficient, and it scales with haste.

You're going to be casting VT and DP 15 to 20% more often which will be a decent strain on mana, and this will be particularly noticed in multi-dot encounters You will want the mana return, particular due to the fact you will value haste a lot higher and it will be possible to reach raid buffed haste rates of 25% +

From a purely dps perspective, presuming enough mana using just shadowfiend, the only other glyph that could possibly increase your dps is SWD (on the assumption that you will have to move at some point after the boss is lower than 35% health).

For me, like everyone has mentioned in this thread, I will welcome the new glyph as the more hasted dots means a much higher mana consumption, and this is just a way to combat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    You're going to be casting VT and DP 15 to 20% more often which will be a decent strain on mana, and this will be particularly noticed in multi-dot encounters You will want the mana return, particular due to the fact you will value haste a lot higher and it will be possible to reach raid buffed haste rates of 25% +
    But he said, IF mana is an non-Issue. I would take the Dispersion Glyph. But im sure im running into manatroubles till i got more Spirit gear so I can specc into imp IST. So i will raid with the sw glyph at the beginning.

if you have mana problems now or in 3.3, replace your quest greens

spriests don't need better mana return, they need more dps

SWP is a shit glyph because it addresses a problem that doesn't exist. of the fights that are already on the PTR, NONE are going to strain mana, and that's in the same gear you have now, when you have larger mana pools and more mp5, you're having even less of a mana problem

but hey, lots of priests refuse to admit something is wrong, they can't deal with the fact that their main is a gimp.

spriests are still shit in 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    vt is still going to return the same amount of mana per cast, it's really not that much of a difference, and you can still only cast DP on one target

on the ptr anyone in toc25+ gear should be able to run on a test dummy and dps non stop if they use shadowfiend every cd, in a raid setting you have more mana return and even on a multidot fight, so what, you're probably not gonna be dotting each mob but once and then moving on

if they're packed in mind sear is still superior damage on packs of 4 or more

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    vt is still going to return the same amount of mana per cast, it's really not that much of a difference, and you can still only cast DP on one target

on the ptr anyone in toc25+ gear should be able to run on a test dummy and dps non stop if they use shadowfiend every cd, in a raid setting you have more mana return and even on a multidot fight, so what, you're probably not gonna be dotting each mob but once and then moving on

if they're packed in mind sear is still superior damage on packs of 4 or more

?? vT DOES not return any mana , i guess u mean sw:"p". On Ptr im not able to dummy dps non stop. And this is with sw:"p" glyph.
    And the more Haste we get the more mana usage we have. vT & DP are cast more often so are other spells. Mindflay will be cast more often too if you have 4er T10.

So now what...

P.S: im nearly BiS geared...

but hey, lots of priests refuse to admit something is wrong, they can't deal with the fact that their main is a gimp.

http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...ampleOutputPTR

And Im never last dps in TogC either..

if you have mana problems now or in 3.3, replace your quest greens

SWP is a shit glyph because it addresses a problem that doesn't exist. of the fights that are already on the PTR, NONE are going to strain mana, and that's in the same gear you have now, when you have larger mana pools and more mp5, you're having even less of a mana problem

If you are one of those priests that has played Disc for the last 6 months because of how much Shadow sucked in PVE, then yeah, when 3.3 hits, you won't notice a difference.

For people who have been putting up with Blizzard's BS for all this time, are going to notice a huge difference. I've said it before, Shadow needs a good player behind the spec, not amazing procs or numbers.

Also, if you honestly can't figure out why the new Glyph for SW:P is essential to any raiding Spriest, then... come on dude... a little slow aren't way?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted

Wrong. There is no fixed amount of mana return tied to a VT cast. VT+MB gives the replenishment buff that will return you a steady 1% mp5, no matter how much haste you have. However, dots will consume more mana per time with more haste, so better gear also means more mana consumption.

My VT costs 580 mana and DP is 907 mana. On live VT takes 580/21s = 27,6 mps and DP 907/24s = 37,8 mps to keep up. With 20% raidbuffed haste it's going to take (27,6+37,8)*0,2 = 13,1mps more, or 65,4 mp5.

Just during the Heroism I will burn (27,6+37,8)*0,5 = 32,7mps more, or 1308 mana more in the whole duration.

That means about 5k more mana spent in a short 5min single target fight. Multidotting will drain even more mana.
    And then there's the set bonuses, going from 2pc T9 bonus to 4pc T10 will make both VT and MF consume more mana per sec.

Berner: You forgot they reduced the mana cost of our dots with about 30%.

What new glyphs are there anyways? I haven't heard of any, except the ones that's being changed.

I would use the 2 mandatory, shadow and mindflay and as third dispersion or mindsear if there is a heavy aoe fight.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Really? Can you link the source?
    I haven't seen anything like that on PTR patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I don't know why, but many people seem to be getting this wrong. The fact is: no, your DoTs' mana costs aren't being lowered (at least until latest PTR patch). It was Shadowform's mana cost that got lowered (from 32 -> 13% of base mana).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Yeah, I was remembering wrong. I'm quite absent-minded these days.

However, I also read that we got a base-mana increase with SW:P. Either way, I cba bothering with the details before it goes live.

Too bad SW:P won't be affected by haste :'(

Due to the fact that SWP no longer scales with haste I would assume they are going to do some reworking of this glyph. Since without haste to scale up the mana you get back its rather worthless when compared to the dispersion glyph currently in game. Seeing as the dispersion glyph will net you more mana regen as well as a shorter CD on your oh shit button.

Quote Originally Posted by pammie_ysera
    Due to the fact that SWP no longer scales with haste I would assume they are going to do some reworking of this glyph. Since without haste to scale up the mana you get back its rather worthless when compared to the dispersion glyph currently in game. Seeing as the dispersion glyph will net you more mana regen as well as a shorter CD on your oh shit button.
    Glyph of SW:P will still be a better glyph because if you're in dispersion, you're not dpsing, and to actually get the most out of Glyph of Dispersion, you would have to use it on every CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrusader
    Too bad SW:P won't be affected by haste :'(
    It does suck. But some new logs have been showing Shadow to be a little better then what it was. That's all I can really ask for in the end.

I'm honestly getting into the mindset of "The expansion will fix us"

Then again, we were all in that mindset in the Wrath Beta weren't we?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow