Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Armored Frostwyrm Mounts, Blue Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    It wasn't hard. It was annoying.
    Maybe if you had the cognitive power of a teaspoon.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Wonder how skeletons fly???
    Ask Nightbane

10+ Year Old Account

Vanity Pets with Stats?
    We enjoy adding things into the game that just add flavor and aren't part of any min-maxing discussions. The non-combat pets are one of these things and so are things like titles. As soon as we put some stats on them the purpose changes entirely and anything without the ideal stats becomes "worthless". Imagine if the cockroaches had the best stats and you see 25 of them in a raid... kinda weird. (Source)
    There's all kinds of ways to personalize our companion pets to be more interesting and fun.

I like the idea of giving them stats, but how bout making them non-essential like fishing, cooking and gathering stats or an enhancement to the appearance of our clothing, hair or the way we walk in the form of sparkles, colors or size, selectable, depending on the pet.

Band-width intensively interesting?

How bout a Barber Pet? Cooking pet. One that would skin your kill automatically when your Rhino hits the ground or run to and pick the closest herb?

A mule pet...one that would contain a bag or two?

We could be more humane and allow them to interract with other like-pets within a certain radius by running to them and giving a high-five or hug or something. Awww.

:-*

Hell is empty, all the rogues are here.

Quote Originally Posted by phai
    I dont like it when exclusive mounts like Frostwyrms go out to a few people who did the Hardmode Achievements in Icecrown.
    I'd rather see one or two possibilities to obtain one without having to do hardmodes

Something like the nether drakes perhaps. Or the nether rays.
    In othe words. "Hi, I want that awesome mount. But I want it for free and not have to spend any time and effort for it." Would you feel special having the exact same mount as everyone else? When Dalaran is littered with dozens and hundreds of frostwyrm mounts?

Quel'delar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    I was hoping you'd say that.

Have you posted the graphic for this yet!?

And that looks like a two hander.
    The quest reward for Quel'delar is 4 different types of swords (caster sword, tanking sword, 2h dps sword etc.) while there are 4 other types of weapons if you can't use swords (2h agi mace, mh caster mace etc.).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri
    In othe words. "Hi, I want that awesome mount. But I want it for free and not have to spend any time and effort for it." Would you feel special having the exact same mount as everyone else? When Dalaran is littered with dozens and hundreds of frostwyrm mounts?
    Hell, read and try again, please.
    I dont want it for free ...

Why so rude anyway? Chill down, you're not elite. And neither is anyone here in this freaking forum.
    You play a GAME, it should be FUN and it does not reflect your status in any way over other players.
    Are those hardmode epics and legendarys not enough?

where does it even say that these frostwyrms are from harmode ICC? im pretty sure that nothing is confirmed.... they might just be raid only mounts, they might not...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rawrmonster
    where does it even say that these frostwyrms are from harmode ICC? im pretty sure that nothing is confirmed.... they might just be raid only mounts, they might not...
    The herd has decided, therefore it already has a history going back to the Mesolithic.. :

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rawrmonster
    I just hope that I will ride one one day ^.^

Occulus isnt hard its just mind numbingly boring that makes ppl hate it
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

I'm kinda getting fed up with that whole mount thing.

It's alrdy bad enough that raiders get so many proto-drake mounts and for the rest it comes down to pure luck it drops from boss/egg.

I hope they don't do the same with the Frostwyrms.

Atleast have 1 proto-drake obtainable through rep, like netherdragons in BC.

So many proto-dragons yet 80% of the ones you see are from hardcore raiders and the remaining 20% is of lucky people...

That's not how it should be.

Let raiders get their special 310% if they so want it, or fancy colored dragons, but atleast give other means of achieving 280% proto drakes to non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks Puffy, I thought I'm the only one who thinks that among those "elite" people ... :/

Doomguards and infernals are seriously a joke as they stand right now. Warlocks have no cooldowns to make an extra push besides these all of now. If u wanna make doomguard as the pet it is right now its fine but please tons of classes have this so why not make infernal off the pet bar so it does not take away ur pet out now. Or do it with both and make doomguard out like infernal is that way we can pop either one if our pet goes down. As demo you would never use either of these especially if your specced into summon and even as destro i wont use anything but infernal and only if my imp dies. these are almost useless plz fix them. I know the blues mentioned this so they have thought about it, i just dont see why they have decided against it. They want are pet to be more use to us then let us keep our felguard,imp,pup,etc. and give us this short cooldown, like army,wolves, etc
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

I have nothing against raiders getting more mounts.

But i do have a problem with only them getting it.

And it's not just 1 or 2, but 4 so far they can get. If the current trend goes on, its 6 (glory of icecrown raiders)

Imo thats a bit much really.

Let em keep 310% or special color, but why are so many raiders refusing to give other proto drakes to normal players.

Imo it's more selfish of them.

We do NOT want it free.

We are okay with putting effort in it.

But effort =/ only raiding in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    What else in this game is hard? Oh yea, PVP and Hard Modes. Oh hey look, those are the 2 aspects of this game that reward cool mounts.

Nothing else takes any effort. You sound like sheep crying for a Bailout by the U.S. Government.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

I have nothing against raiders getting more mounts.

But i do have a problem with only them getting it.

And it's not just 1 or 2, but 4 so far they can get. If the current trend goes on, its 6 (glory of icecrown raiders)

Imo thats a bit much really.

Let em keep 310% or special color, but why are so many raiders refusing to give other proto drakes to normal players.

Imo it's more selfish of them.

We do NOT want it free.

We are okay with putting effort in it.

Golly gee willickers, that's a swell idea. Perhaps they could add in some http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44160 for running heroics!

I'm kinda getting fed up with that whole mount thing.

It's alrdy bad enough that raiders get so many proto-drake mounts and for the rest it comes down to pure luck it drops from boss/egg.

I hope they don't do the same with the Frostwyrms.

Atleast have 1 proto-drake obtainable through rep, like netherdragons in BC.

So many proto-dragons yet 80% of the ones you see are from hardcore raiders and the remaining 20% is of lucky people...

That's not how it should be.

Let raiders get their special 310% if they so want it, or fancy colored dragons, but atleast give other means of achieving 280% proto drakes to non raiders.
    I prefer to get mounts from "sure things" like meeting a certain achievement quota than looking for them in eggs for weeks on end for example, or from 0,001% drop rates or whatever. If you can't get at least the 5man heroic mount, that does not bound you to a week of raiding or anything like that, then you don't get a drake it's that simple.

There are some things that are not ment for the entire WoW population. You call the people that get these elites or elitists, I call them proper or at least half-decent players. It's not a question of time if you take the red proto into account, it's just a question of less than moderate skill. Now if you want a 310% speed mount, you have to work just a little bit more for it, plenty of 10man guilds getting them with 1-2 raids per week and that is more than casual imo so doable as well (even PuG's on certain realms but it's not that wide spread maybe). You just need to know a bit about the game and your class, you need to be a decent player (again, people saying you need to be in top guilds, hard-core guilds or semi-harcore guilds are just deceiving themselfs).

If you can't play the game, don't expect rewards like these, just like in real life: if you can't pull your own weight and do your tasks at work, don't expect too many bonuses (expect none actually).
    /hug

i just suggest a rep based proto dragon of some sort, at exalted.

Like the way netherdrakes were.

Back in BC you saw some, but not at the level of wow, ive seen hundreds today. Thats cause back then 5k gold was a little harder to achieve, which was needed to start the netherdragon chain.

But now its easier.

So to avoid having so many of these proto drakes, putting an extra requirement besides Exalted is one way to do it.

You can't probably find out, but i bet what 90% of those dont give em to non raiders, are the raiders with the special mounts acting elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by almightypancake
    Golly gee willickers, that's a swell idea. Perhaps they could add in some http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44160 for running heroics!
    ... or green, blue, violet, time lost.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"