Poll: Mal'Ganis in Ice Crown Citadel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: *Maybe Spoiler* Mal'Ganis - Forgotten or a well kept secret?

Quote Originally Posted by zurgy

the cool thing about dreadlords is they cant die. doesn't matter how many time you kill them.. they retur. only way to kill one is another dreadlords kill a dreadlord..
    This has NEVER been stated. Same as "they just go back to their homeland" There is no official lore source stating that either. For all we know they are just really good at pretending to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldeshlong
    SOTP = a retard failing at road signs.

(STOP)
    That's it? How lame. I thought it actually meant something cool. I even googled it and Wikipedia failed to give a reasonable explanation :<

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089

HE NEVER DIED SHUTUP
    But he was defeated, wasn't he? Even though he planned to, just so he could bubble+HS and make Arthas follow him to Northrend and lure him to Frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

Well while we're thinking of bosses in ICC (and forgive me if this is mentioned somewhere).
    Was questing in Dragonblight and from the quest hub near Naxx, you get the quest to go tear some elite chicks head off in New Hearthglenn.
    Upon her death, the lvl 80 elite dude next to her wanders off yelling about seeing us in ICC, who is this dude? and is he a named boss yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sbradly1986
    Well while we're thinking of bosses in ICC (and forgive me if this is mentioned somewhere).
    Was questing in Dragonblight and from the quest hub near Naxx, you get the quest to go tear some elite chicks head off in New Hearthglenn.
    Upon her death, the lvl 80 elite dude next to her wanders off yelling about seeing us in ICC, who is this dude? and is he a named boss yet?
    That was Mal'Ganis in his human guise as an Admiral. Ya know the person the thread is about?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    Would be cool, if Malganis showed up after we defeat the LK:

Malganis picks Frostmourne up
    "You cannot destroy the Lich King, conceited humans!"
    Turns to the LK
    "But the Master can!"
    *You can hear the fused voice of Arthas and Nerzhul scream out in agony as Malganis drags the body of the LK trough the portal where Kiljeadan will have his way with him."

And to be canon, the LK's helm fell of Arthas''s head (If you look at his death animation) So the next LK (following Uthers Stupid logic) can take up the helm to become the next LK, though he wont have Frostmourne to corrupt him, allowing Bolvar (who will prolly become the new LK) to stay uncorupted! And allow Scourge minions to serve as meatshields in the fight against Deathwing!!!!
    Sounds like a pretty good idea, I don't see him being a boss again but that's a very good idea because who is the Lich King's #2 enemy? The Burning Legion

But, to the OP, Mal'ganis does say "I'll see you in Icecrown!" sure, except we already did see him in Icecrown and fought him there. That quote was from the Dragonblight questline

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    He then puts on a straw hat, gets a cane, and starts to sing a jaunty tune whilst Balnazzar plays piano.
    YES!

Anyway, he is not over with the LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvn
    But, to the OP, Mal'ganis does say "I'll see you in Icecrown!" sure, except we already did see him in Icecrown and fought him there. That quote was from the Dragonblight questline
    Was he in Dragonblight? thought that was the bishop.

MAY BE JUST SLEEPING
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=27951

Look at the picture there, you'll probably remember what happened now. That's Mal'ganis in the monastery in Dragonblight walking out after you kill High General Abbendis

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    He then puts on a straw hat, gets a cane, and starts to sing a jaunty tune whilst Balnazzar plays piano.
    Dammit! Play me off Balnazzar!

Quote Originally Posted by Wwnphdo
    Dammit! Play me off Balnazzar!
    rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    I'd ride for the sole fact that its a huge cock. It'd be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenshu
    I believe he'll make an appearance in one form or another in ICC. I was hoping to kill him for good in there, but I don't think they'll set him up as an actual encounter since he was so easily beaten in Stratholme and the scarlet area in Icecrown. I guess we'll just have to see
    That theory didnt work to well for Anub, did it :P

Is Varimathras gone for good? Nope. Is Mal'Ganis gone for good? Nope.

There seems to be a pattern forming with these dreadlords and since the Burning Legion is looking to be the penultimate enemy Azeroth will be facing, I doubt its coincidence that Blizzard wants to keep some options open.

Mal'Ganis, like Sylvanas Windrunner, Muradin Bronzebeard, Varok Saurfang, and many more, have personal grudges to deal with against the Lich King abomination. And no matter if you are neutral, good, or evil, I feel scores to be settled are scores to be settled. Therefore, if Mal'Ganis does not appear before the Lich King falls - regardless of whether he appears if there is a new Lich King after the Arthas vessel or not - then Blizzard will have made a vital flaw in their story telling.

He's not a major character, but I am sure he will appear. My guess is in the boss battle against the Lich King. He will:

A. Have dialogue, much like Akama. Then he will grudgingly assist the raid.
    B. Have dialogue, much like Akama. Then he will assault the Lich King and will be banished or slaughtered for the time being, showing the true power of the Lich King to the raid before they begin, as Blizzard tends to do with important bosses.
    C. He will have dialogue in the end of the fight, regardless of the outcome. Possibly, but highly HIGHLY unlikely a hidden boss like Algalon.