Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Azeroth United, 3.3 Notes Update, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus
    Oculus didn't need a nerf or that it's hard at all, it's just the most annoying instance in the game ever thanks to the end boss, where you don't rely on you own class skills but rather to the skills of your drake, same goes for Malygos & Flame Leviathan. And considering Oculus, being a priest, I just jump down from my drake to the platform and heal with my priest as opposed to the drake as I'm more efficient that way by a large margin even if I manage to die there, I still did 10 times more healing as on that gimped drake.

I wish Blizzard would stop designing raid bosses where the use of "vehicles" is mandatory, not that it's hard, it's just annoying and boring.
    agreed

Oculus was never hard, just annoying. The gameplay was too far removed from what everyone has done for 80 levels.

I do not care for any sort of vehicular combat in this game. People don't like oculus cause the drake controls suck. Malygos 3rd stage sucks, Flame Leviathan sucks and I am sure the IC stuff will be my least favorite part of that raid. Shoehorning in vehicular combat in this game seems to lead to a clunky encounter that has a fun factor of zero.

Blizzard get a clue. The majority of people I play with don't like that either. Stop putting it in raids. FL was semi interesting the first week and that's it. Having to plow through that on a weekly basis is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave
    Anyone else think using your e-mail address as your WoW log in is more of a securtiy risk?

/edit ie this is what you have to do for your battle.net account.
    People like you really need to be smacked around to get some form of sense knocked into their heads...

Ever thought of, I don't know...., creating an email address strictly for Battle.net ?

Honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf
    People like you really need to be smacked around to get some form of sense knocked into their heads...

Ever thought of, I don't know...., creating an email address strictly for Battle.net ?

Honestly...
    Shh, don't solve the mystery for them, I'm enjoying watching the smoke pour out of their ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dejohn
    I am sure the IC stuff will be my least favorite part of that raid.
    Except that they are doing it completely different in ICC, and, tobe honest, in the way it should have been done since the beginning. Not everyone has to get into the cannon on the gunship fight, and not every has to turn themselves into a construct on the Putricide fight. Only a few people have to do that stuff and only a few people will be in vehicles. Everyone else will be outside playing their normal characters. That way, those who want to have a little fun doing something different can jump into the vehicles and those that want to just stick with what they know can stay out of that stuff.

If you want something that is "difficult" and "a challenge", go be a brain surgeon. This is a game, it's for fun, not supposed to be hard as hell. :P
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    If you want something that is "difficult" and "a challenge", go be a brain surgeon. This is a game, it's for fun, not supposed to be hard as hell. :P
    Actually Mr. Dumbass games should offer some kind of challenge and degree of difficulty. By your logic Tetris, the game that sold over 2million original Gameboys, should not exist. Rubics Cubes are hella challenging but yet they continue to sell and some individuals have been working on them for years and some get in in under a minute. You cant nerf life, yes this is a game but baddies like you are whats wrong with it.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Fyssas
    Oculus is how it is spelt, both in Warcraft and the real world.
    win

Hey everyone!

Eddie Carrington (aka Brigwyn) here.

As many others have already done, I just wanted to stop by and express my gratitude to Boubouille for helping us out and announcing the Azeroth United's Hearts, Hands and Voices Child's Play charity drive.

Also, I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone that has donated so far. Your generosity is amazing and at this rate, we'll have reached and blown past our original goal of $5,000. Again, please accept all of our gratitude for helping with achieving that.

I had also read some questions in previous threads. Some were addressed in the original post but others might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

As a thank you for your support SwagDog.com has given us (Azeroth United) some 25% off discount codes to share with everyone that helps or participates. I'll be sending these to Bobouille so he can distribute since I'm not entirely sure of the rules here for that kind of thing.

Someone had asked about getting pets if they donate? No, we're not giving pets away. We do have some special thank you gifts that you could qualify to win depending on the size of your donation. The details were listed in the original post. Simply put, a $10 donation qualifies for the Heart or Tier 1, and $20 qualifies for Tier 2.

Finally, I believe it was Tomhvk that had stated some concerns over the donations and statements that Fimlys had made ealier about how the donations go directly to the charity.

This is a 100% accurate statement. We are recognized by Child's Play as an Official charity event. You can find the Azeroth United Hearts, Hands and Voices charity drive listed on the Official Child's Play Charity Event's page (http://www.childsplaycharity.org/events.php).

This means that all donations can taken off as US IRS Tax Deductions and we can work with Child's Play to make sure you get a receipt.

As for the the openness of the operations of Child's Play, Kristin Lindsay (Project Manager in charge of Child's Play) is very proud of the fact and has made it public record that they operate in with less than 5% overhead.

I know I have probably violated numerous rules here, and for that I apologize, but I just wanted to help clarify some of the concerns I saw stated and at the same time express my and the entire Azeroth United Team's appreciation and gratitude for your support.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vondammung
    Bornakk's bit; "The vault bosses are designed and meant to be very puggable so pretty much anybody can do them"

Tokens from VoA? Screw that. The real problem, which is Blizzard's own doing, is that VoA is currently horribly designed. Consider yourself as a fresh 80. You run some HC Dungeons and you've got yourself some dandy gear. Now, you think, I'd like to try on Archie and get myself some Tier loot! Problem arises: None of the current PuG groups want to take you because they all go for Koralon first. Imagine getting inside nonetheless and surviving the constant crap-talking about your DPS (in the case of a DPS, of course) only to find out that the raid kills Koralon and then everyone leaves because Archie and Emalon don't drop anything useful anymore. Yea. Think about that. Now you're stuck with an impossibility for most newer 80s. My question is, why did Blizzard not make VoA a 3, 4 or 5 door place? Select your foe-type-thing. That way you could find a PuG aiming to kill Archie only, for example.

Anyhoo, just wanted to say this because I am tired of people spamming trade/general/LFG with "link your achievement" when all you want is some sweet iLevel 200/213 loot from Archie.
    qq more bro seriously
    dinged 80
    same day healed reg 10man trial
    3 days l8er got the epic achievement
    all it requires is effort

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    Actually Mr. Dumbass games should offer some kind of challenge and degree of difficulty. By your logic Tetris, the game that sold over 2million original Gameboys, should not exist. Rubics Cubes are hella challenging but yet they continue to sell and some individuals have been working on them for years and some get in in under a minute. You cant nerf life, yes this is a game but baddies like you are whats wrong with it.
    Tetris wasn't hard, Cubes aren't hard. Challenge and difficulty are fine, yes. But if you look at the stats, around 2% of guilds IN THE WORLD have beat Anub heroic. And how long has ToC been out now? I mean come on, don't you think that number is a bit low? It's like Yogg before the nerf, I remember being in a good guild on my old server, and we would wipe for like 20+ hours a week on just that (just on the wiping after we facerolled everything up to him). Back when only 1% of guilds IN THE WORLD had actually beat him.

But you said "baddies", so I really think that it's pointless to argue with you. Good day sir. And it's "Miss Dumbass", thank you.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave
    Anyone else think using your e-mail address as your WoW log in is more of a securtiy risk?

/edit ie this is what you have to do for your battle.net account.
    Then don't play, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderonous
    qq more bro seriously
    dinged 80
    same day healed reg 10man trial
    3 days l8er got the epic achievement
    all it requires is effort
    Finding a group willing to carry you (or most likely in your case going in with your guild) is far different than someone who doesn't have the benefit of a progressed guild willing to carry alts to gear them up or in some cases a main.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    and i always thought being a hero member meant something.... guess i was wrong.

<--- had his dreams crushed.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

I play both Mutilate and Combat as a rogue, switching between the two depending on the encounter, and while I appreciate the boost they gave to Murder, I have to admit that the Assassination tree is beginning to feel really forced to me. There's something inelegant about:

Murder: 4% raw damage increase
    Hunger for Blood: 15% raw damage increase
    Glyph of HfB: 3% raw damage increase

What's the story with rogues and swapping of weapons? I think I missed something here. Since when is it possible to swap gear when in combat? Or is this a new feature in 3.3 that's already getting abused? Just curious.

Oculus could be a decent dungeon (nice change from the usual routine), if it weren't for the risk of being stuck with some idiot player who cannot follow the simplest of instructions ... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Taleas
    What's the story with rogues and swapping of weapons? I think I missed something here. Since when is it possible to swap gear when in combat? Or is this a new feature in 3.3 that's already getting abused? Just curious.

Oculus could be a decent dungeon (nice change from the usual routine), if it weren't for the risk of being stuck with some idiot player who cannot follow the simplest of instructions ... :/
    You have always been able to change weapons in combat.

good to hear that blizz does charity, i mean they have been greedy bitchez only so far

In the first paragraph, they spelled Albrecht wrong.
    They aren't even "big names" in World of Warcraft, like it says;
    Veronica Belmont and Alex Albrecht are Rev3 alumni, Scott Johnson is a comic artist. Alex may host Project Lore, but it's on hiatus.

Anyways, Oculus sucked. I have been trying to pug it on the PTR to see how hard is was nerfed, but one person always declines.
    Good way to find a group, really. Join LFG then decline when a group is actually found.
    I want to go in there on a lower ilvl character and see if it doesn't suck as much as it did at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbur
    Because we actually know and care about genetic situations of fictional races.
    Humans = Fictional. Son, I is disappoint.

15+ Year Old Account

I was about to donate 5 dollars to that charityazerothsunited thing...

But really, get your website in order first, it says "contact the billing department: