Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...

Re: Icecrown 5-Man Dungeons Loot

Quote Originally Posted by snootay
    He has a very valid point. If you've never played an Elemental Shaman at a high level then you just don't get that almost all of our non tier BiS pieces are cloth and leather. There's already so much competition for cloth that casters, even within your own guild, will throw a fit if you start rolling for/spending DKP on cloth stuff. I didn't look indeph at the list but from what I browsed I only saw like two non cloth items itemized for Elemental DPS, the shield and mail shoulders(which probably won't be used over the tier piece, anyway) from the 25 man raid. Everything else I saw itemized for Elemental was cloth.
    Oh, oh, oh! You forgot, the vast majority of mail items that are actually itemized well for elemental shamans end up being the best in slot for a paladin healer and the paladin healer always whines till they get the item, and in the end, who are most guilds going to cave to for gear, the paladin or the elemental shaman that does subpar dps and brings no really useful unique buffs (assuming you a have a restoration/enhancement shaman and demonology warlock in the raid)?

It's been going on since TBC was released and Shamans were expanded into having viable roles outside of healing. For some reason someone at Blizzard just can't make mail caster belt or boots that doesn't waste half it's item budget with MP5. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the crafted LW pants from Icecrown had sp and haste and no MP5 on them. But once again, most Shamans will be wearing tier pieces there.
    This is an overall failure at Blizzard. They very rarely make decent items that don't go in the tier slot. It would be nice if they would just drop tier to 4 pieces and just not make any real gear for those slots that wasn't tier.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Puntar
    Bleh!

Blizzard is extremely inconsistent about feral weapons.

2h Mace = Feral tank weapons (STA > AGI)
    Polearm = Feral dps weapon (STA < AGI)
    Staff = Feral (general) (STA = AGI) or even make it for Resto or Balance spec druid

On the other hand, I eagerly wait for patch to come.
    In ICC, stamina won't be as needed as it has been because bosses will hit softer but more often. Bears will be placing greater emphasis on agility than stamina. So 2h mace should be stam=agil or agil>stam. Other things such as expertise are huge. Any feral druid that isn't going after a certain 2h ilvl 251 mace that is godlike before doing ICC is just hurting themselves.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I will sure try to get that 251 iLevel weapon as its godly for both feral forms.

In the meantime before that I'll hope I get something better than Marrowstrike (I have Staff of Trickery in bank in case some Stamina "whore" want to have "better" tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I don't know what game you are playing, but the vast majority of the dps classes in the game get critical strikes more than they get normal strikes by this level of gearing.
    "Chance on hit" still includes critical strikes. This is going to have less uptime than Mjolnir unless the chance on crit is like 60%+ (one only needs to compare the uptime of Banner of Victory vs Mirror of Truth to see why chance on crit fails), and thusly is going to be worse for anyone who needs an ArPen trinket than Mjolnir.

For fuck's sake. And here I was hoping I could quit trying to convince my guild to go back to Uld10 to farm it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

The thing is, though, that tanks are frequently overlooked. Not all the time, but now and then you find a case where every class/spec is catered to in some way except for tanks. There's no tank Dalaran ring, there was no tank item from the Headless Horseman, and now there will be no tank reward for the quest that grants a weapon that will likely be in the hands of 95% of WoW's playerbase.

There's just no acceptable reason to exclude one type of character from an aspect of the game that otherwise rewards everyone. The rewards for certain other specs may not be stellar, but priests and shamans can take the healing mace and rogues can use swords. The lack of a tank reward excludes a third of the class archetypes. It's such a blatant discrimination. It's not like there's an excess of tanks around in the first place.

Quel'Serrar is not a valid excuse to exclude a tank weapon from this quest. First of all, the item is 20 ilvls lower. Secondly, everyone else also got a weapon in that batch. Thirdly, Quel'Serrar is not actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomen
    First of all, the item is 20 ilvls lower.
    251 - 245 = 20

you heard it here first folks
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted by moderator

wholesales

Deleted by Moderator

sweet!
    Rorre the erroR

Boubouille, I notice that the links in your first post may not be 100% accurate. For example, the mouseover on the 251 caster mace is itemized for haste, yet when you follow the link to the database, it shows as mp5 in place of haste.

Also, the 232 fist weapon, Seven-fingered claws, lists as ilvl 232, yet when I got that item, in-game, it was a 226 item (dropped from first boss in heroic Forge of Souls, on 12/9/09).

I know that Blizz has made some changes, but is it possible to update the links and mouseovers that you have in the first post?

I came to see signature .hehe