Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Quel'Delar: The Sister Blade

Quel'Delar: The Sister Blade
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    In ages past the great Dragon Aspects worked alongside the night elves to forge powerful prismatic blades that could be used to thwart any evil that came into the world. They would become known as the blades of Quel'Serrar. One of these blades, which had become lost in time, was recently unearthed again by brave heroes of Azeroth. Now rediscovered, Quel'Serrar is revered once more as a mighty tool of raw power.

Its sister blade, however, has not been seen for many years...

The sword known as Quel'Delar was held by the group of kaldorei who would eventully become the high elves, and it was handed down from generation to generation. Most recently Quel'Delar was wielded by the valiant high elven warrior Thalorien Dawnseeker. Thalorien fought tirelessly in the Troll Wars to defend his beloved home of Silvermoon, the Sunwell, and all of Quel'Thalas. When the Scourge swept through the lands during the Third War, Thalorien was among the last lines of defense for the Sunwell. Despite the sword's power, he was ultimately slain by the overwhelming might of Arthas and his legendary runeblade, Frostmourne. Quel'Delar was thought to be lost forever.

Following the destruction of their homeland, the determined blood elves began to regroup and rebuild. It was during this time that the battle-hardened warrior Lana'thel stumbled upon Quel'Delar, and soon afterward the greatest opportunity to use the blade presented itself: Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider raised an army and combined forces with Illidan Stormrage, who led them north to Icecrown on a mission to destroy the Lich King. Lana'thel readily followed her prince with one thought in mind -- revenge against the Scourge -- but only tragedy awaited her.

In the icy hills of Northrend, Arthas ultimately defeated Illidan and Kael'thas, and the expedition's few survivors were scattered across the frozen wastes. One by one the Lich King sought out those who had challenged him, and Lana'thel found herself cornered. Using Quel'Delar, she struck at him with all her might... but Frostmourne's evil powers overwhelmed her. Through his blade, the Lich King chose Lana'thel to serve him in undeath as queen of the San'layn, a group responsible for overseeing the Scourge's operations across Azeroth.

Queen Lana'thel eagerly carried out her new duties, but every time she looked at her blade, maddening anger would swell within her as she remembered her former life. She could not afford such distractions, and with a scream that echoed throughout Icecrown, she shattered Quel'Delar and flung the fractured pieces as far as she could.

Now...

The champions of the Alliance and the Horde who confront the Lich King's armies have but a slim chance of finding the pieces of this fabled blade. If they succeed, the heroes can embark on an epic adventure to re-forge Quel'Delar. They will require the strongest materials and a source of great power to make this shattered blade into the fearsome weapon it once was. Several classes can use Quel'Delar, and the sword can fit several different play styles. For any class that is unable to wield it, however, the Sunreaver blood elves and the Silver Covenant high elves will gladly take this relic of their history in exchange for a usable weapon.

The search begins soon...

Re: Quel'Delar: The Sister Blade

Ohhh cant wait..
    Anyone got ideas on how powerfull this is gonna be? In the scale of the Legendarys back in Vanilla and TBC?
    And these lines interest me as im a Mage;

For any class that is unable to wield it, however, the Sunreaver blood elves and the Silver Covenant high elves will gladly take this relic of their history in exchange for a usable weapon.

omg caster sword!

Wow nice, love when new lore is coming out in the light.

Im gonna use my metal detectOr :P easy pieeeee oh yeahhhh

A weapon quest that anybody can take advantage of!? I like this alot as a shaman

15+ Year Old Account

Awesome, a nice epic weapon for every class, i hope its stats are good enough for most players to want it.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lausten

For any class that is unable to wield it, however, the Sunreaver blood elves and the Silver Covenant high elves will gladly take this relic of their history in exchange for a usable weapon.

For Shamans/priests who cant use swords >.>

IT wont be legendary... we will have shadowmourne! Maybe it will be stronger than epic but weaker than legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    A weapon quest that anybody can take advantage of!? I like this alot as a shaman
    this
    Don't Fwoosh me.

obviously tanking weapon

But... I can't use a sword

Oh well, at least they'll let us do the chain

15+ Year Old Account

Hm.

Deleted

But but wait...what raid would give the pieces to some caster over a tank? I mean, as a hunter, my raid would prob /lol /slap me if I tried bidding on it "for ma epix purple".

It will probably be a slightly higher iLvL weapon than the other epics.

Quote Originally Posted by noxxous
    obviously tanking weapon

Lana'thel is sounding more and more like Sylvanas 2.0, I wonder if she won't play a bigger role in all this, and if we are actually going to kill her in the encounter.

I'm guessing the reward will be a slightly lower item level than the weapon drops from IC-10 Normal mode.

As for the other rewards, I really hope they choose to make a caster mace for Priests/Shaman/Druids, rather than a lame dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    But but wait...what raid would give the pieces to some caster over a tank? I mean, as a hunter, my raid would prob /lol /slap me if I tried bidding on it "for ma epix purple".
    Wasn't Quel'delar part of the 5man questline?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    It's from a 5-man, not the raid.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines