Thread: SW:P & Haste

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

SW:P & Haste

Well I was looking at main page and saw...
    "Shadowform tooltip has been clarified for haste benefits : grants Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch the ability to benefit from haste."
    So does this mean SW:P will not scale with it............=[

Re: SW:P & Haste

Quote Originally Posted by Cleary
    Well I was looking at main page and saw...
    "Shadowform tooltip has been clarified for haste benefits : grants Devouring Plague and Vampiric Touch the ability to benefit from haste."
    So does this mean SW:P will not scale with it............=[
    already a post on this but no, swp will be exactly like it is now

sry dude but ..

no SW: P scale
    My Achievement-Site

Click for my Armory

Enhancer are like ventilators. You can easily turn them off (CC), but you should never put your head right into them while they are keep running.

It's a big enough nerf to bring us back to where we are on live atm.

Come 3.3, unless thing change, we'll be riding at the bottom as usual again.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    It's a big enough nerf to bring us back to where we are on live atm.

Come 3.3, unless thing change, we'll be riding at the bottom as usual again.

:'( I miss the old days. I wish Blizzard would fix the dark priest again

I really think it's Blizzard being overly cautious with Shadow Priests... we've seen it before.

in Wrath Beta, our Psychic Scream applied a horror effect so people couldn't break out of it as easily. I remember for a few days in the Beta, Shadow Priests actually felt fun to PVP with. Shortly after, the nerfed it, and we're back to our old gimped selves.

Then come to when the Ulduar patch. Psychic Horror was made into a totally new spell that feared and disarmed our enemies. It was great! It was on a 1 minute cooldown! People didn't complain that it was OP, and Shadow Priests felt like they could actually PVP effectively! That didn't last long either.

Now we have this Haste scaling with dots bullcrap. For a few weeks, we're actually competitive on the DPS charts. Not enough to be number 1 and above the pure classes, but enough to get us back into the high top ten, provided that players are decent enough. Well as you can see, that didn't last long either.

Now people are saying the change was made because Blizzard didn't want us having a sustained super powerful Shadow Word Pain on a target that is also now scaling with haste. This is fair, but it pisses me off to no end when they don't admit that it's a nerf... instead they call it a "clarification"

Does Blizzard really take us for fools?

What's more, for months now, ever since Ulduar launched, people have presented numbers to Blizzard that show that Shadow Priest DPS is DOWN to an almost unacceptable level. One of the top tier raiding Shadow Priest actually lost his spot, due to these numbers. What did Blizzard do? They flat out told us that Shadow Priest DPS was fine.

I'm not one to say that Blizzard "hates" our spec, or any of that nonsense, but recently I really wonder... How they can give Paladins a spell like Divine Storm or warlocks a spell like Chaos Bolt without a second thought, but constantly screw over Shadow Priests is just... beyond me.

And I know you people are going to shout out crap like "The PTR is made for testing" and yeah, I agree.

There is also this thing called "Internal Testing" which it seems like Blizzard doesn't do.

I mean do you really think Blizzard just went, "Okay, the new haste mechanic is to easily exploitable, let's just yank SW:P from the picture, even though it nerfs Shadow Priests by about 500 DPS"

In all honesty, I'm starting to think that's EXACTLY how it goes down behind closed doors.

It's obviously a technical issue with temp haste affects being prolonged on SW:P with the MF refresh. If you lined things up it's possible to get a 60% + haste buff applied to SW:P... it would be insanely OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    It's obviously a technical issue with temp haste affects being prolonged on SW:P with the MF refresh. If you lined things up it's possible to get a 60% + haste buff applied to SW:P... it would be insanely OP.
    Of course it would be. Which is why they should fix their damned game before throwing new crap on the pile.

It pisses me off to no end knowing that not only is Shadow DPS on the lower end of the scale, but Blizzard actually acknowledges it! I still remember the post where they said that they were perfectly comfortable with Spriests being where they are.

And then this crap goes down... it's a kick in the balls. A swift kick right to the shadowy balls.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/138...wnagedummy.jpg

needless to say 5k+ on a dummy is win alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaq

I see CoE debuff on the target, so it is not going to give much credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaq

/facepalm

You know, I got 4.6 DPS on a dummy on the PTR today... for a brief moment I thought, "Oh, maybe we're not broke--"

Then i saw the 13% extra spell damage that a moonkin had on the dummy.

LOOK CLOSER

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

/facepalm

You know, I got 4.6 DPS on a dummy on the PTR today... for a brief moment I thought, "Oh, maybe we're not broke--"

Then i saw the 13% extra spell damage that a moonkin had on the dummy.

LOOK CLOSER
    I have gotten 4.7k on a dummy with self buffs only and no debuffs on live... i still stand by my remark that shadow priest is low more to do with players than it is mechanics. Yes it's on the low side but not by this massive margin, I do comparable DPS to my mages and locks and beat them on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I have gotten 4.7k on a dummy with self buffs only and no debuffs on live... i still stand by my remark that shadow priest is low more to do with players than it is mechanics. Yes it's on the low side but not by this massive margin, I do comparable DPS to my mages and locks and beat them on occasion.

I'd love to see a screen shot of that. I really would.

I already posted it in earlier threads but i'll break it out again.

I'm in silvermoon deliberately to avoid people debuffing the dummy, I'm sure you'll just say there were debuffs up, I failed to get a screenshot of that on the assumption people would just trust my integrity, so you can make you own mind up.

As you can see from the length of the encounter and the amount of spell hits/ticks... I'm definitely on live. In this parse I was able to achieve an average MB cast every 7.17 seconds, and MF ticks every 1.54 seconds which is actuall a little poorer than I can do. DOT uptimes are 98.59% for VT, 97.18% for SW:P and 95.77% for DP. The reason DP is so low is because it conflicts with MB semi regularly and I prioritse MB for that conflict. I have experimented with prioritising DP but I don't like it, it changes the relationship between MB CD and VT refreshes (thats true if you have 2pc T9). Also from my theroycrafting and analysis on tools such as rawr, changing the priority of those 2 results in a negligble impact on DPS.

...you dpsed a level 60 dummy?...

Edit: Nevermind. Got the dummies confused.

I dont know about SPriests being at the bottom.. my priest is fully epiced out but is far from best gear and i throw out 5100dps in 10mans, but a friend of mine on my realm just hit 8100dps on the last boss of VoA... that too weak?? Im sorry but you guys all need to learn how to play a spriest. <<<<zomg troll>>>> but seriously..

I've yet to see a log of 8K dps for a spriest... I have seen 7K however... so i'm highly skeptical of 8100. You can view combat logs at www.worldoflogs.com so when I say i've yet to seen a log I have looked through many many logs as part of my research.

I somehow knew direshadow was going to attempt to find something wrong with my post... keep trying, but I assure you everything is above board. It's a heroic dummy (like you obviously found out) it had no debuffs, I was self buffed only, I didn't use any consumables, just the racials of a troll and my own priest buffs.

I remember my troll buff.

casting VT on multiple dummies is win.