Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Bolvar Fordragon the new lich King?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    The point is in selecting someone with enough willpower NOT to fall prey to the Lich King's domination, so they'll keep the undead from swarming over Azeroth.
    Bolvar and Varok sound like the ebs canidates
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    Without a Lich King to mentally command the Scourge, they'd go on a rampage and destroy anything in their way. Arthas' tiny remaining bit of humanity holds them back from not doing it, and if he were to die, the Scourge would just wash over the lands, destroying/killing everything.
    I think it's more that having your troops do whatever the hell they want isn't very strategic or tactical, over anything to do with his humanity?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelgal
    I think it's more that having your troops do whatever the hell they want isn't very strategic or tactical, over anything to do with his humanity?
    Techincally, yes, but Uther mentions his humanity holding back the armies specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsus_Faol
    Oh god if tirion becomes lich king i will cry
    Then you sir are a fargin geek :P

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thukup
    Isn't Bolvar Lavaman ?
    Your point?

Kael'thas

"Magister's Terrance was just another setback!"
    So Zetta Slowpoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelgal
    Now that the sound files are out, it would actually be MORE efficient to let the undead loose. The Lich King is the flaw in the Scourge, it seems, as it is his existence that holds the undead back from killing us all.

Quote Originally Posted by bajumajuice
    Im pretty sure Highlord Darion Mograine has a good shot at this too.
    Mograine becoming the Lich King would be awful to no end. That's just a depressing thought. Enslaved by the Lich King only to be saved, fight valiantly and compassionately against the Lich King for his injustices, only to become the Lich King.

I don't want Tirion to become Lich King either. I actually like his character almost as much as I like Mograine.
    Bolvar would also be depressing, after his fighting the Lich King's will.
    If one of these has to be Lich King, that's really sad. We'll see, though.

Unless the new Lich King could be strong enough to reign over the undead without being twisted; kind of like how Sylvanas rules the undead in a manner that isn't insanity. In which case, all three would be good candidates. I see this as highly unlikely, though.
    Let's Hospital.

15+ Year Old Account

I guess Bolvar's a good choice. The Scourge cannot be resurrected once the corpse is burned down.
    The same thing might be with Bolvar, burned down as Lavaman. The flames of a red dragon, especially Alexstrasza, might suppress the mind-controlling and going insane part.
    I only wonder what will happen to him, because he is Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlusted
    Now that the sound files are out, it would actually be MORE efficient to let the undead loose. The Lich King is the flaw in the Scourge, it seems, as it is his existence that holds the undead back from killing us all.
    Highly disagree... It would be very easy to split the undead up and pick them off in small groups if not singularly. The Lich King run the undead military, without him there is no military, just a bunch of undead with no direction except for the smell of blood. They would easily be defeated over time.

No structure = no chance.

That's what you think his structure is holding them back with no structure that would rush across the world with the undead necromancers reviving all that died also including the powerful liches. They would rush over the world in a bloodlust
    Every foul deed leaves a stain on this world and despite the sins of weaker men there will always be someone left to clean up their mess.

That's what you think his structure is holding them back with no structure that would rush across the world with the undead necromancers reviving all that died also including the powerful liches. They would rush over the world in a bloodlust
    You think as if all the living races have no brains and that the undead cover all of Azeroth and Outland.

Going to be Bolvar IMHO. He's already all messed up...alive dead alive again...however that works...and personally, I don't think anyone is really attached to Tirion all that much that would miss him if he was the one, so it really wouldn't be that interesting. Frankly, I think he's rather annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    /facepalm at lore twist from blizz

If there is always a lich king => always a threat that kills people ( on both sides ) in Azeroth => eventually the "living" run out of.uhh....living / troops => LK wins in the long run.

There always must be a LK - this has GOT to be the monument of stupidity of lore twists !! <.<
    Lawl, Blizzard created the whole warcraft universe, its their game, stupidity of lore twists... they'll do whatever they want with it imo

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt
    Going to be Bolvar IMHO. He's already all messed up...alive dead alive again...however that works...and personally, I don't think anyone is really attached to Tirion all that much that would miss him if he was the one, so it really wouldn't be that interesting. Frankly, I think he's rather annoying.
    When was he ever said to be dead? Ever?

Oh thats right, he never was said to be dead... ever.

It's probably gonna be Tirion or Darion, they're the only major lore characters not associated with a faction, and they both have that "willpower" needed to control the scourge.
    I hope it's Darion, cause Tirion is a true badass + wields the Ashbringer ^_^

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

So...... if Arthas is holding the scourge back from killing all Azerothian life, why the fuck are we in Northrend, pissing him off?

What is he even doing then? Sitting on his throne sulking like an emo, thinking how cool it might be to one day invade Azeroth? Please.

The whole notion of his humanity holding the scourge back is ridiculous.

Why replace him if he's doing the job that we want him to do?

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    It's probably gonna be Tirion or Darion, they're the only major lore characters not associated with a faction, and they both have that "willpower" needed to control the scourge.
    I hope it's Darion, cause Tirion is a true badass + wields the Ashbringer ^_^
    Bu... Bu... Lavaman has the power he gets hot then he shoots fireballs and shizz

Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus
    So...... if Arthas is holding the scourge back from killing all Azerothian life, why the fuck are we in Northrend, pissing him off?

What is he even doing then? Sitting on his throne sulking like an emo, thinking how cool it might be to one day invade Azeroth? Please.

The whole notion of his humanity holding the scourge back is ridiculous.

Why replace him if he's doing the job that we want him to do?
    The Lich King is the Lich King arthas is just a small fraction of him now. The Lich King is a being made of power and a soulless husk he is the embodiment of death but a small fraction of arthas's humanity resides in the lich king holding him back its not ridiculous. The lich king is trying to kill us in northrend though i mean really if not for arthas

The Lich King is the Lich King arthas is just a small fraction of him now. The Lich King is a being made of power and a soulless husk he is the embodiment of death but a small fraction of arthas's humanity resides in the lich king holding him back its not ridiculous. The lich king is trying to kill us in northrend though i mean really if not for arthas
    You missed my point. We want to put our own little Lich King pal up there to control the scourge so they don't go rampant, right?

Well there already is one... His name is Arthas and his humanity is stopping him destroying Azeroth, according to our pals at Blizz.

Edit: The story would have been better if it was a case of Ner'zhul being an immortal spirit who will always exist and Frostmourne being indestructible.

So our presence and actions in Northrend don't really make any sense at all if Blizz ants to play the "lolArthashumanity" card on us.