The designated off tank

After pugging multiple raids on my geared pally, I've noticed that I'm always having to be the one picking up adds... even when I am far more geared than the other tank... Earlier this week in toc10 on jaraxus I, of course, was on add duty... the tank dies at 60% so I pick him up and solo tank Jar. and adds till I die at 10%... I understand that pally's are considered the "aoe tank" but imo if other classes can't tank multi mobs then that player needs to reroll a faceroll dps... Are other prot pally's having to go through this as well? If ur wondering I have 40khp with sanc. 60% avoidance and I'm unhittable...

Re: The designated off tank

Tanking is not only about tanking bosses m8, at some fights it is good to have some other class on the boss. Like at Jaraxxus a warrior or a dk is a better choice since they interrupt the fel fireball, or at Onyxia warrior have a huge advantage with Berserker Rage. But you also need to consider the player quality in PuGs, most of the real casual players don't even know what the hell is going on with the game, like I saw someone wanting Blessing of Sanctuary from me in a PuG heroic, wtf Well if you really want experience, simply raid with a guild. But if you be arsed to explain people paladins can tank the boss as well as other classes or you don't really care what duty they give to you and do your best you can continue to PuG as well.

Well, I personally like being the add tank. In my guild I'm usually the mt since I have the best gear and on heroic mode this makes a difference. But in pugs I usually profile myself to be the add tank. Because picking up adds and positioning them is more important than tanking a boss where you usually have to just stand there, take the hits and make sure your threat is sufficient. Even semi-bad tanks can do this, whereas if they have to take the adds, they usually fail and cause wipes. So be happy that you have one of the "harder" roles that you can control.
    But to talk a little specific about jaraxxus (normal mode) since you mentioned it. If the other tank is a warrior, put him on the adds. Even if he is usefull on jaraxxus since he can interrupt (other classes can do this to, *kuch* rogue *kuch*), he is far more usefull on the infernals since he has a zillion stuns to handle their aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nookz
    Well, I personally like being the add tank. In my guild I'm usually the mt since I have the best gear and on heroic mode this makes a difference. But in pugs I usually profile myself to be the add tank. Because picking up adds and positioning them is more important than tanking a boss where you usually have to just stand there, take the hits and make sure your threat is sufficient. Even semi-bad tanks can do this, whereas if they have to take the adds, they usually fail and cause wipes. So be happy that you have one of the "harder" roles that you can control.
    But to talk a little specific about jaraxxus (normal mode) since you mentioned it. If the other tank is a warrior, put him on the adds. Even if he is usefull on jaraxxus since he can interrupt (other classes can do this to, *kuch* rogue *kuch*), he is far more usefull on the infernals since he has a zillion stuns to handle their aoe.
    on normal mode you can just holy wrath infernals