Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Help Ret Pally Low DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    No it isn't.
    Well it is a marginal increase. If such thing's were not then why do people take PoJ ? 15% run speed is not that great but getting to mob's/bosses that little bit quicker = more DPS uptime which also mean's the less time you spend in fear/stun's = more DPS uptime.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidie
    Well it is a marginal increase. If such thing's were not then why do people take PoJ ? 15% run speed is not that great but getting to mob's/bosses that little bit quicker = more DPS uptime which also mean's the less time you spend in fear/stun's = more DPS uptime.
    Because Stoicism does not affect stuns that are not removable (Icehowl's mass AE stun for example, or Maxx's web stun), and less than 1 second off of a fear won't increase your DPS by more than maybe 10 DPS. There are also better talents to pick up that will impact your raid more.

roll face harder..

j/k. it looks like that would be normal given your current gear
    drop both of those trinkets they are crap. arp doesnt do much for us and
    35 crit rating isnt much.. get a greatness card and the triumph trinket. then
    you could lose some of the hit gear for stuff with exp. on it
    you should also get rid of the HoW glyph and get the sov/soc one for 10 exp
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    >>>Complete tools who think that cows have horns. Cows don't have horns and are, therefore, not akin to the Tauren race. If anything, Tauren are bulls, except the fact you can choose a female Tauren. So that kind of just makes a Tauren a Tauren. -.-
    ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie

Rotation? Most sites will tell you there is a Ret pally "rotation", usually Judge>Hammer>CS>DS>Consecrate>Exorcism. Don't let the word "rotation" mislead you, we don't actually press all those skills in order for the whole length of the fight. Think of it more as a "priority list". Whatever skills you have off of Cooldown, you go back to your priority list and you press the skill that is higher on the priority list. This also can CHANGE depending on the fight, such as a fight with a lot of mobs, you might want to do Consecrate and DS more often. When you pop your wings, a lot of scrub pallies pop their wings as soon as the fight starts, but what you should do is wait for your 5 stacks of vengeance to go up and THEN pop your wings. Positioning is also very important, if there is more than one target, position yourself so that your aoe hits as many targets as possible.
    The best way to keep your rotation right is to get addon like CRC ret.
    and actually the more accurate way is HOW(when is enabled),CS,DS,Judgement,Consecration,exorcis,
    simply because when you open with judgement you dont ebnefit from first 2 stacks of vengeance.When you open with CS,DS your judgement will hit way harder as you will have already 2 stacks up in most of the time from your trinkets like greatness + vengeance in most cases

Another thing is to chose and change seals properly SOV,COS to max it out. Lets say Emalon the storm watcher swap your seal fo command while running towards the adds because you will do much more dmg even single target coz of SOV ramp up time and add will probably die before you stack it 5 times + useless aoe dmg if you want to shine on dmg meter, but still SOV will be better on boss itself ( thats just example nothing more but there are more fight like that when you will lose all vengeance stacks)

Get yourself the Emblem of Triumph-Libram, which has 200 STR Proc from Seal of Vengeance/Corruption (Which you should be using on single-target mobs that take longer to kill, eg. bosses). Use your current libram while using Seal of Command (on trash/multimob). I myself have macroed that whenever I cast Seal of Command I equip the PvP-libram which gives AP everytime I use CS and whenever I cast Seal of Vengeance I equip the PvE-libram bought with Emblem of Triumphs.

Considering gear: ArP isn't really that good for us paladins. Neither are items with agi+ap on them (although they may look nice . Go for items with much Strength, Crit and Haste. Keeping your Expertise (16 Expertise + Glyph) and Hit (8%) capped though.

And yes, get rid of that DM Card: Berserker! - It IS horrible ;D

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    Ok there is a couple of things you can fix here.

1. your 2nd trinket. Horrible for pve. and your firs 1 the armor pen isnt good so if you have extra badges donwgrade them to heroism for mirror of truth.
    2. Your meta gem is wrong. You want the 21 crit rating inc crit dmg. Which is all 3 gem color required which is easy to fill with 1 20 str and a nightmare tear.
    3, Your over the hit cap so turn the enchant on your boots to AP.
    4, IMO its not worth it to gem for expertise cause it is a lot of str gone. I let my gear cover most of it then glyph for it.
    5. your talent points/glyphs are wrong. for glyphs use Seal of vengeance,JUdgement,Exorcism. FOr talent ponts you shouldnt spec into stocism and you need to max out vengeance.

Besides those upgrade ur gear. Your ap is low at this point so you wont be pulling the really good dps till you nreak 4.2k ap

and you need to pick up the triumph badge libram asap
    Actually, 21agi + 3% crit dmg = best meta game, since it requires only 1 blue and 1 yellow gem, a requirement easily fulfilled with a single Nightmare tear. So your 2nd tip is BS. Also it is worth gemming for Expertise/Hit if you aren't capped even with glyph.
    Stormreaver.EU

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Also it is worth gemming for Expertise/Hit if you aren't capped even with glyph.
    It depends.

If you are <1% from Hit cap or <2 Expertise away from cap, yes.

Anything else, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Alensia
    Get yourself the Emblem of Triumph-Libram, which has 200 STR Proc from Seal of Vengeance/Corruption (Which you should be using on single-target mobs that take longer to kill, eg. bosses). Use your current libram while using Seal of Command (on trash/multimob). I myself have macroed that whenever I cast Seal of Command I equip the PvP-libram which gives AP everytime I use CS and whenever I cast Seal of Vengeance I equip the PvE-libram bought with Emblem of Triumphs.

Considering gear: ArP isn't really that good for us paladins. Neither are items with agi+ap on them (although they may look nice . Go for items with much Strength, Crit and Haste. Keeping your Expertise (16 Expertise + Glyph) and Hit (8%) capped though.

And yes, get rid of that DM Card: Berserker! - It IS horrible ;D

Actually, 21agi + 3% crit dmg = best meta game, since it requires only 1 blue and 1 yellow gem, a requirement easily fulfilled with a single Nightmare tear. So your 2nd tip is BS. Also it is worth gemming for Expertise/Hit if you aren't capped even with glyph.
    It was a mistake on my part cause if you noticed i said 21 crit and crit dmg increase which is a 2 blue gem meta while relentless is all 3.