Poll: Taking the cooldown off Mindblast to be our nuke

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

15+ Year Old Account

Need feedback on possible WoW suggestion for us

Since we all know how "great" our dps is compared to others & Blizzard talking about how they might give us a spammable nuke for Cata, how would other spriests feel if Blizzard took the CD off mindblast and made THAT our spammable nuke? Personally I think it would be a great asset for us. It wouldn't take that much internal change from Blizzard and it would then make us a viable dps that scales properly like the other casters AND it would mean no new spell to fit into our already heafty rotation.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Need feedback on possible WoW suggestion for us

bad idea.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

As a member of your community (I think you'll understand lol) and because I think it's a good Idea :

Yes that would be cool.
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

15+ Year Old Account

Any other feedback?

I think this topic has been discussed far too many times. Its good that Blizz doesnt homogenize all the ranged dps classes. We are a dot dependant class and you should be happy about our different play style.

We are getting a rather nice buff come 3.3 and still you want to change the whole mechanics so that we are the same as mages, ele shammies, booms, locks come cata.. why?

I like our dots. I like our dots with haste even more. Im happy that im not a spam 1 button ten times and press x and y every 5-8 seconds..

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    It wouldn't take that much internal change from Blizzard and it would then make us a viable dps that scales properly like the other casters AND it would mean no new spell to fit into our already heafty rotation.
    And also: it would be shitloads of re-work on the priest class for blizz aAND it would fuck our rotation up totally cause we would have to build a rotation from scrap. Now we have teh filler; its called MF that we weave in between all the spells that are higher priority. If this change would happen then we wouldnt need MF at all anymore since we would only be casting MB MB MB MB MB then put up dots..

all in all..

bad idea

the "no-nuke-spam" makes us a fun class to play with, not a no-brain class like arc mages. besides, in 3.3 with 4pc T10 bonus, MF will be our spam xD

If they removed CD from Mind Blast, I'd stack haste like madman and I'd just be casting that spell and nothing else. Incredibly bad idea.

From what I have understood they want to keep mindflay in our rotation.that means that they will force us to use it with something like (assuming that they take mindblast off cd): your Mindblast causes your next mindflay to deal 50% more dmg or so.Or something like your mindflay causes your next mindblast to deal 20%more dmg.well you understand what I mean by this .They will add somehingto utilize it with mindblast and/or with mindflay

Sorry for typos I'm writing with my cellphone

Personally I would prefer to not spam MB constantly to hopefully top meters.

I am happier playing a spec which is somewhat unique, it just feels better to have to think about dot timings, MB coming off of CD etc etc than just constantly mashing 1 button.

In my opinion it feels better being a little bit lower compared to other classes, as it feels so much better when you beat them :P

This idea, as is, won't work for reasons listed upthread: it would make Mind Flay obsolete. They could still pull it off with something like what was suggested like making Mind Flay increase it's damage or vice versa. The problem with that is that you would end up in a similar sort of situation, with an even more complex priority, and still no nuke.

I still think that a rework of SWeath is the best approach especially since it's borderline useless right now. Make it so it does increased damage and has no feedback below a certain percentage, or make it a swiftmend-like ability for your DoTs. I'd rather them take an unused spell like SWeath and make it useful in situations where other classes might use a nuke, like switching targets or execute range, than take a spell that already sees plenty of use and rework it.

15+ Year Old Account

The thing that Zeuq, Priestwads, psych. , syanid, and Zelol need to realize is that Blizzard IS going to be giving us a spammable nuke for Cataclysm. They have already released that information. They have admitted to our need to have one. That means ANOTHER spell to add to our already bloated rotation whether we like it or not. Our rotation is changing with Cataclysm whether we like it or not just like it changed with the release of BC (for those of us who raided pre-BC as shadow) and changed with WotLK and changed again for most of us midway during WotLK when it became a dps increase to actually drop mindblast out of our rotation completely since mindflay ended up doing more dmg in the 1.5 seconds it is channeld than mindblast does while being a 1.5 sec cast time.

So like ot or not, our rotation SI going to change and they ARE going to give us a spammable nuke for Cataclysm as reported by Blizzard in Blizzcon and various posts afterwards. Changing mindblast to be our nuke would simply mean we would get the buff they are giving us in Cataclysm now and give us that single target dps & ability to actually "burn him" during those times you hear a raid leader call for that. You might argue that with the haste buff that we'll be able to "burn him" better now with bloodlust/heroism but you need to realize that those are not actual haste buffs like many people think. Its a cast time & melee attack buff which is totally different than haste.

Yes we are getting a spammable nuke come next cata. They stated it and its happening. I for one am happy for it. I understand where you all who dont want it are coming from as I to enjoy the complexity of the spriest spell priority system in PVE. I however dont think a spammable nuke will completly take away from that though. Honestly it will really depend on how the implement it and what other chagnes they make to us. Even if it does though a spammable nuke is needed greatly by the class. On trash pulls not a whole lot you can do with the huge ramp up time we need. Also from a PVP point of view the weakest part of shadow is that it relies for dots for the majority of its damage. The current state of arenas / PVP is all about burst right now and we are very lacking in that department.

As far as makcing MB our spammable nuke I dont think that would work with the current mechanics between it and replenishment. If we were able to spam MB wouldnt we always be refreshing replenishment and thus never allowing it to tick, so we would be clipping the mana regen ticks.

No matter what spammable nuke we get though I dont see us dropping MF from our rotation completely as it does refresh SWP and its much more mana effecient to cast MF than refresh SWP every time it falls off. Although they probably would have to add some other bonus to MF then just refreshing SWP to keep it more worth while.

Other then a spammalbe nuke it would be nice to get some sort of long CD abilty like icy veins / arcane power. With the change to haste they could possibley even just swap PI and inner focus in the disc tree so that shadow has a nice CD ability to use for burn phases and what not.

Yes, Blizzard said they're going to give Shadow Priests a spammable nuke for Cata, and it may even ultimately be Mind Blast, but I'm not sure that's relevant here. As pointed out, removing the CD with current mechanics would be clunky at best. It might resolve some problems, but it would introduce other ones. As pointed out, how do you handle Replenishment? Wouldn't it essentially displace Mind Flay except for refreshing SW:Pain? I just don't see this sort of change happening any time before 4.0 because it would require at least a significant, if not full, rework of the rotation.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pammie_ysera
    As far as makcing MB our spammable nuke I dont think that would work with the current mechanics between it and replenishment. If we were able to spam MB wouldnt we always be refreshing replenishment and thus never allowing it to tick, so we would be clipping the mana regen ticks.
    Not true. Pallies & hunters crits proc their replinishment & under certain cirmstances they were able to reach 100% crit (Loatheb for example) and everyone still got mana back from replinishment. All that happens is it refreshes the timer not the spell. If you pay attention to your buffs that pop up from a rolling combat type of mod or the Blzzard UI that does it you only get a replinishment buff pop up on your screen if you get a completely fresh one not a refreshed one.

meh i reckon they would take away mind blast and replace it with some sort of "spammable nuke" . (Arcane blast would be so fun and OP xD) but they might think of smt like that, some nuke with a buff. or like boomkins, 1 spell buffs the other, which would make us able to spamnuke, but also dps in a proper, organised way