Soloing Power of a DK

Can a DK solo ragnaros? I've seen prot pallies do it, do you think a Tank Geared and specced DK can solo as well as a Prot Paladin? What else could solo Rag?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

Re: Soloing Power of a DK

Warlocks can solo all of MC

Dks can id guess no prob

less kiting more tanking and out healing

I didn't realize cloth had such strong soloing power, or is that specific to warlocks?

Affliction kiting mostly?
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus
    I didn't realize cloth had such strong soloing power, or is that specific to warlocks?

Demo tanking ones.

I guess a Blood Tank would be able to solo ragnaros quite easily.

I can solo the lich king...true story.

If blizzard is going to end WoW at lvl 100(Sargeras-Maw of Oblivion?), then that IS what I want to do.

You can, it just takes forever. Get some friends to help you get Hand of Rag if that's what you are after, makes it so much less tedious.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Most of Molten Core is easy to solo (in tank gear), the only real problem is Gehennas. The healing debuff is a real pain, and his shadowbolt (and even rain of fire, which can easily get a tick off unless you have superb reflexes and latentcy) hits quite hard.

Raggys easy on a DK blood tank, just posision yourself perfect for when he does that knockback or ull fly and hit some stone = death xD. took a while on my dk i kept making that mistake.
    Classic WoW.

If a protection paladin can do it, a blood DK can do it better.

10+ Year Old Account

ZG - check
    MC - check
    Doomwalker - check
    BC heroics - check (at least, those that I cared about. I shouldn't have problems with the others, either)
    Azuergos - check
    Headless Horseman - check
    Brewfest guy - check
    Ahune - check

Basically, anything that hits for less or roughly the same as my death strikes is easily soloable in tank gear & blood spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Basically, anything that hits for less or roughly the same as my death strikes is easily soloable in tank gear & blood spec.
    Provided it's not disease immune, of course. Curator was problematic for that reason... Though, if I'm not mistaken, he has been done by a Death Knight before.

my friend and i, both on DKs, 2 manned curator a while back, before ToC. We were both blood at the time. Just both armied, popped all our CD's, and beat the shit out of him.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderlord&n=Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Diabeetus

yep kiting as affliction

he does domo jumping down the ramp to get to him while dot spamming then gets the port back up from them

Quote Originally Posted by JukeSkywalker
    my friend and i, both on DKs, 2 manned curator a while back, before ToC. We were both blood at the time. Just both armied, popped all our CD's, and beat the shit out of him.
    Then that's not soloing, is it? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    Then that's not soloing, is it? -.-
    He was just telling a story.
    It isn't as though posters in this forum are on-topic and focused 100% of the time.
    :P