Poll: Deathbringer's Will or not?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Deathbringer's Will on Rets

I'm really hoping for another trinket to appear... So far, we only know the loot of what? 4-5 bosses? There's still 8-9 bosses to reveal loot from and there's certainly something more along our lines hidden somewhere...

So far, I'm a bit disappointed with the overall loot from Icecrown... I expected it to be the best itemized gear possible... and it's not (at least it's not for Ret Pals). Really looking forward tier sets, especially for the effect...

Only time will tell if this trinket is actually good for us

I absolutely love the set bonus, but like posters have said this will cause much QQ in pvp even though it is soemthing ret could really use, a way to kill some one before being CCed....again.

It is amazing bliz puts this set bonuses out there and game mechanics that normal casual players see it and say "OMG no way that will last" and then blizz posts a blue after they nerf it saying "the effect was not anticipated." They do it for a living! haha

The comment before about the ret rotation simplifying even more is upsetting, already boring enough in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    meag333: Try not to feel like I am picking on you. I just wanted to correct what you said in your last post. DMC:G is not currently 2nd BiS. As it stands right now, DMC:G is #3 behind Death's Choice/Verdict (heroic) and Death's Choice/Verdict (non-heroic). With the value of ArP rising and the 30 second duration of the Deathbringer's Will buff, I would foresee Deathbringer's Will being #1 and Death's Choice/Verdict(heroic) being #2. Even if DC/V is #1, it will be by an extremely small margin and would only be the result of a long ICD.

To the OP: Polls like this may lead you to believe that you got a feel for what people are thinking right now. Any information you think that you gained from this poll can probably be thrown out the window. For a very long time, ArP has been a stat that many Rets chose to completely avoid even at the cost of overusing lesser stats like hit and Expertise. I would guess that many people have seen Ret pallys that have somewhere around 400+ hit rating. This is one of the reasons. I, personally, have seen Ret pallys use vastly inferior weapons because the superior weapon has ArP on it. Mental midgets are everywhere.

Just wait until the 2pc T10 Rawr info is out to run your poll. Then we can spoonfeed this info to all of the other Rets out there that don't do their own homework.
    No, I wouldn't think that. I just don't really take into acct the 2 seperate heroic non heroic ones into my consideration for BiS since the procs are unique to each other and Greatness and Paragon do stack, I would never put on DV and DV heroic together. I would go either or.

Also consider this, DV heroic proc is 510 STR with a passive 288 AP. Even though ARP will have higher value. Theres going to be less than 288 arp on it and with AP already being more useful. I think DV heroic will stay BIS. With will close behind, then DV normal and then DM:G

Click to see my Armory

it depends on the Cooldown if it is worth it. To early to tell if it will pass DC.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I think the fact that it makes you into a vyrkul whenever it procs already makes it BiS :P
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Bump.

I got Deathbringer's Will Tonight to see if it was any good, iw as going to pass it to second on DKP if it wasn't.

I used it with Death's Verdict (replacing Dark Moon Card), and out of 10 tests on the dummy I gained 150-330 DPS increase. Approx.

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

why the complaining about it proccing extra ArP? i

t wont give ArP unless taht is your highest stat. and im guessing that most rets are stacking str so it will give you extra str.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin
    why the complaining about it proccing extra ArP? i

t wont give ArP unless taht is your highest stat. and im guessing that most rets are stacking str so it will give you extra str.
    its not proccing extra arP. arP still isnt as good untill you get tier10 set bonus for DS. the other side is the trinkets proc which seems to be awesome.

The proc is random, not your highest stat

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    The proc is random, not your highest stat
    This is correct. You can get any of the 6 procs whenever it happens. Each buff lasts 30 seconds, with a 45 second Internal CD.

I was a the Cow thing (sorry I forget the name) +600 str 4 times in a row, then the Dwarf (600 crit) 4 times, then a Vyrkul twice So far I've only gotten Crit, Strength, and Haste, and I got the 1200 Ap one once.

Order of commoness:

+Crit (Will of the Iron Dwarves)
    +Strength
    +Haste
    +AP
    +Agi
    +Arp

Not sure if it uses my top 3 stats over the other 3. I'll post more updates later.

"It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

Essentially, the ret "rotation" will be even more simplified: DS, Judgment, CS, repeat. On the off-chance that DS doesn't get refreshed, you'll probably be unloading an Exorcism given that many of the ICC mobs/bosses are undead.
    Agreed, however when your not doing these three main attacks you'l be doing consecrate not Exo seeing as that is higher single target EDPS even with the 100% crit chance. There's complicated numbers behind why this is the case if your really interested go take a look at EJ the pally forum is packed with actual factual info, anyone coming to MMO forums for 'facts' better be ready to take things with a pinch of salt as most facts stated here are often based purely on private experience and have no basis in fact and numbers.

That being said love reading this site for the delightfull trolls which always make me smile. :P
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Simqn
    Agreed, however when your not doing these three main attacks you'l be doing consecrate not Exo seeing as that is higher single target EDPS even with the 100% crit chance. There's complicated numbers behind why this is the case if your really interested go take a look at EJ the pally forum is packed with actual factual info, anyone coming to MMO forums for 'facts' better be ready to take things with a pinch of salt as most facts stated here are often based purely on private experience and have no basis in fact and numbers.

That being said love reading this site for the delightfull trolls which always make me smile. :P
    That info is also with Consecrate being glyphed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    That info is also with Consecrate being glyphed.
    Lol very true, very true forgot to make that clear :P
    If hyperbole were food the internet would never go hungry...

This is true right now. Come 3.3, you should expect to see this change.
    Armor pen will certainly be more valuable, whether or not it will be more valuable than haste is in question also.

Deleted

haste and arp are alredy very equal in worth for ret so it wouldn't take much to shift the balance to favour arp.

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    haste and arp are alredy very equal in worth for ret so it wouldn't take much to shift the balance to favour arp.
    False. Though maybe as in 1 point of haste is equal to the same DPS as a poin tof Arp. More haste = Faster SoV stacks and white swings. That being said, don't go for haste, but if it has it, great and choose it over ArP. That's why the 9.5 Paladin chest was never used.

My math has 258 Deaths Choice and the new badge trinket as the BiS setup.

The proc is amazing. It gives u a certain stat increase (highest stat always chosen ???)

Id keep it forever

In terms of ret paladins in 3.3 this is what I read on elitist jerks, and I am just mindlessly regurgitating it.

Once you have the T10 2 piece armor pen will still be inferior to haste until you get to about 400 armor pen, then at that point it just keeps getting better, though never coming close to strength or crit.

Expect our BiS to have a good bit more armor pen than haste I think.

Alright Update:

Aftering doign 10 man ICC and ToGC 25 I've found this.

You're current Highest Stat is chosen.

When Heroism and my Engy Hast eGloves are Procced I -always- get a Vrykul.

Otherwise It's random between the Taunka (Str) and Iron Dwarf (Crit)

But those are the only 3 I ever get.

I traded the trinket to a hunter while it had 2 hours left on it to try it:

Hunters get:

AP Proc
    Agi Proc
    Crit Proc

So I'm assuming it picks 3 for every class/spec.