Holy priest stats

Hey fellow priesties,

After reading the 'disc priest stats' and seeing the good advice offered there i was hoping experienced holy priests could give their input also. I realise some of this has been covered in the 'holy gemming' thread but i found most of that didnt apply to me.

First things first - armory link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&n=Vinolas

My priest is my primary alt, although he may become my main as my 10 man guild has lost a couple of good healers, and im getting real bored of arcane mage... btw, our guild is 10 man only, ToC10 on farm going back to clear ulduar now (missed the last 1/3 due to summer holidays and too many people being off) and then start on uld hard modes and ToGC.

Saying that, i've just checked my armory and remember i got loads of upgrades last time we ran ToC... but this does mean i'm right at the bottom of EPGP so may loose out to any other clothies for a while.

Due to this, i dont have as many badges / good gear as my mage, and for the coming weeks upgrades will potentially be thin on the ground. However, with ICC coming up, i would like to feel confident i know what i am aiming for.

My logic behind gear and gemming has been as follows:

1) At current int/mp5 im pretty much sorted for mana. Most fights i end up with 50-100% mana, but for the stretches i have just about enough to cover me (eg - solo healed razor and XT a couple of weeks back when the 2nd healer (pala) dc'd - we scraped through each fight with me on 0 mana at the end even after all CDs)
    2) I appreciate my talents are not perfect and can respec. My general moves are - keep renew on anyone taking damage (eg tanks) and pop it on anyone else who takes a hit; PoM every CD and CoH as often as possible to proc free FH
    3) glyph wise i'm pretty much set on replacing FH with GS - and i hope that will spur me to use GS more often :P (only use for 'OH SHIT' atm
    4) Gear / gem wise i've been a bit restricted on gear (as stated above) but have been aiming for SP, crit and spirit/mp5. From reading ive done i appreciate spirit is better than MP5, but i am aiming for 30-35% crit to maximise free FH procs before going for haste as i rarely cast full FHs

Any help/advice would be appreciated

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Re: Holy priest stats

If you're ending a fight with 50% to 100% mana, you can afford to drop the mp5 gems in your helm and chest.

I recommend 2x purified dreadstones in your chest, and for your helm an Insightful Earthsiege meta plus another purified dreadstone if you really want to keep those socket bonuses.

Throughput is more important if you have literally 0 mana issues.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Halls&n=Kaerin

Once you've got enough sp socket int

that's about 3k raid buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerin
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Halls&n=Kaerin

Once you've got enough sp socket int

that's about 3k raid buffed
    You're doing it wrong. You socket Int to have "enough" regen, then you build thoroughput.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

What made you choose to put points in Body And Mind over Improved Healing or 2 more points in Meditation Scism?

3/3 in Meditation is mandatory for nearly all specs for a priest. Blue has actually said that Blizz is cool with a talent that every priest has and that is it. That should clear up any trouble with mana when you are all out and you can get rid of those silly MP5 gems.

to be frank i haven't changed my talent since i first dinged 80 and specced heal, so as i mentioned i'm more than happy to change :P

I think at the time i chose i looked through the holy priest talent sticky and found a guy who seemed to know what they are talking about and chose their 'cookie cutter build'.

Now i know the class a lot more, I realise i rarely (ie never) use PWS so would welcome dropping that. At work atm so cant look into meditation but improved healing (i assume that is the one increasing healing for those <x% health) i always felt a little reticent about, as i am more about 'topping up' than pala style large heals.

Thanks for all the input

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

As stated above 3/3 Meditation is mandatory. Yes and please remove the mp5 gems, no matter how you shake it out spirit is a more attractive stat.

The points i would move are based on what you are comfortable with and what you use. If you use PoH a lot then I would take 1 point from surge of light and one from holy reach. Or if you use PoH not so much to warrant the 205 reduced mana cost then take the 2 points from healing prayers. PoM does not cost enough to justify 2 points in healing prayers for that spell alone.

Body and Soul is up for debate on whether you get the right uses out of it. I use it and swear by it for how much it helps.

Your best bet for gemming is for int then spirit. I wouldnt gem for crit or haste. I use 12sp/10 int gems in a lot of my slots on my gear for the throughput and mana regen. Int is honestly the most attractive stat to gem as it scales with replenishment and your shadowfiend. As well as providing mana and crit. Spirit is good but I wouldnt stack it through gemming. I would only get spirit through gear and say Spark of Hope. Spirit scales well however with Spiritual Guidance and Holy Conc. Using Purified Dreadstones however is perfectly fine to get a socket bonus.

Here is a link to my armory if you have any more questions

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Miseryindex

Your situation is a lot different thats why i didnt suggest test of faith. 10 man is honestly not that hard to heal so people shoudl rarely be dropping below 50% anyways except in dire situations which you have divine hymn for if needed. Improved healing is a waste if you dont GH much.

Quote Originally Posted by Viraemia
    Body and Soul is up for debate on whether you get the right uses out of it. I use it and swear by it for how much it helps.
    Helps how exactly?

Fire, with only certain rare cases, isn't that huge, people just don't need a huge movement boost to get out of it. Also, just looking at it from a mage stand-point, when people do move in a fight, it's when we're not losing much casting time anyway (twins performing their vortex) or because of phase changes (Mimiron changing machines, different beasts setting up, etc). Now, if your taking it for the removing diseases and poison , is there really no-one else in your raid with the capacity to do that along with de-cursive?

Body and Soul uses:

- Yogg + x number of keepers, cast on melee to get them going faster in the brain
    - Mimiron (multiple uses)
    - Anub'Arak when you get chased by the spikes
    - Northrend beasts (3rd beast, when it does that crash or whatever)

Just from ontop of my head, there are probably more bosses where it's really useful talent.

ToC:
    - Northern Beasts: For movement in P2; it's great on poison/fire carriers. And also for movement in P3.
    - Jaraxxus: Use on the guys with the debuff where they drop fire, or on meleers running to kill portals in hardmode. Every second of DPS counts!
    - Faction Champions: Threat is relative to distance, so one B&S makes all mobs hitting the poor clothie lose interest. B&S is AMAZING for this fight!
    - Valkyrs: Faster running to color switch portals, randomly use on ballcatchers to help them out. This will save lives!
    - Anub'arak: Amazing on hardmodes; makes kiting the submerged boss almost trivial.
    So 5/5 fights where it is useful, and two of them which makes the fight significantly easier.

Onyxia:
    - Get slowpokes out of deep breath, also saves their life if they take some damage. Very nice.

Ulduar:
    - Algalon: faster entry into the black holes
    - Yogg: Meleers into the brain faster, help brainlinked people find their partner faster
    - Vezax: Faster in and out of green stuff (If you can spare the mana); useful for kiting tactics if your MT is very undergeared (been there!).
    - Mimiron: Use on meleers running slow, let people in the outer rim outrun the P2 barrage, and it's a tremendous help for gathering up on hardmodes
    - Freya: debuff targets can run away faster, and the shield also helps them stay alive. Very useful if they got caught in a root.
    - Thorim: Great for nudging slowpokes running out of the lighting / or those caught in the blizzard on hardmode
    - Hodir: On people knocked out of the snow, B&S makes them able to run back in in time.
    - Kologarn: Help Laser Eye targets run away
    - Iron Council: Run out of the overload, run out of the green rune, kite the lightning tendrils of the small boss - or get out of them.
    - Deconstructor: Use on bomb debuff targets; helps them trun out of the raid in time.
    - Ignis: I sometimes use it on the mages responsible for shattering adds. Sometimes they kinda forget and remain on the other part of the room.
    That's 11/14 bosses where this ability is very useful.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

useful if people can't play worth a damn, yes.

useful if the players are good at moving? no.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

It must be said that PW:S is just not part of my 'rotation' so i'm gonna drop B&S. (finally got home after 4 hour journey back from work..... person under a train )

If i was a better player / more driven to do HM content (I like the people in my guild even tho we dont raid as much as i would like) it would probably be a good thing, but for me i'm gonna leave it out.

Thanks for all the good advice

*Edit - respecced and re-gemmed now. Based on what i read, i got rid of body and soul and moved 2 into meditation. also moved 2 from empowered healing -> test of faith.

My rational behind that is that i almost never cast greater heal and the loss of around 300 from each flash of light i didnt think would kill me as that would be more than made up for as i'm only gonna cast it at <50% health anyway.

Think i'm gonna use PoH a bit more often also depending on how good my mana and regen is.

Replaced meta and mp5 gems. totally get that spirit is better than mp5 (god knows why i gemmed them in the first place :P ). had to think about the gem but eventually decided +crit amount was not so much in the end.

15+ Year Old Account

red: Spell power
    blue: spell power + spirit
    yellow: Haste, untill you reach 400 haste, then focus int

Quote Originally Posted by scism
    It must be said that PW:S is just not part of my 'rotation' so i'm gonna drop B&S. (finally got home after 4 hour journey back from work..... person under a train )
    It's not really supposed to be part of a "rotation", just a reason for a Holy Priest to actually -use- the spell, but of course:
    If i was a better player / more driven to do HM content (I like the people in my guild even tho we dont raid as much as i would like) it would probably be a good thing, but for me i'm gonna leave it out.
    It is as useful as you make it, and if you have no reason to be pushing hardmode style encounters, then of course this is meaningless to you.

*Edit - respecced and re-gemmed now. Based on what i read, i got rid of body and soul and moved 2 into meditation. also moved 2 from empowered healing -> test of faith.

My rational behind that is that i almost never cast greater heal and the loss of around 300 from each flash of light i didnt think would kill me as that would be more than made up for as i'm only gonna cast it at <50% health anyway.
    A very good call.

Think i'm gonna use PoH a bit more often also depending on how good my mana and regen is.
    It is your main "Go to" spell in heavy raid damge encounters, which is what we seem to be balanced by.

but eventually decided +crit amount was not so much in the end.
    Crit is nice. It's good for big burst, it's good for Surge of Light, and with Empowered Renew definitely good for sustaining Holy Concentration for your lovely blue bar. But you should find crit through raid-buffs, your intellect, and a few peices of gear. 30% raidbuffed is a very good number to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr
    red: Spell power
    blue: spell power + spirit
    yellow: Haste, untill you reach 400 haste, then focus int
    In the upper end of gear, as Holy, I can see someone gemming full Spell Power. But in the upper end of gear, you won't need to be gemming haste to get that 400. Yellow should be Int until 1300, then focus SP.

Why is it that everyone says it's okay to build a thoroughput set, then build regen? Your thoroughput is meaningless if you're fucking oom!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~