Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Holy - Sick of Blizzard Nerfing Us Via Stats

I still can't understand why any self respecting holy pally would ever think that they need mp5.

I heal 25 and 10 man hardmodes and ToGC. Mana is only ever an issue when the shit hits the fan and I end up spamming HL for relatively long spans of time.

And if I happen to be in melee range of something one attack will replenish more mana through seal of wisdom than all the mp5 on all my gear added up.

Stacking more spell power is only useful for FoL builds and other than that will only yield more over healing.

The paladin soft cap for haste is 680, which is pretty easy to get to in t9 gear. But honestly you're not going to notice a huge difference between having 500 haste and 680 in MOST scenarios.

So again I ask, HOW IS CRIT OUR WORST STAT? HOW HOW HOW HOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Wow. Really? ROFL. NEWSFLASH: Crit has been our worst stat for months. Welcome to the last patch. Everyone who's been here for almost half a year already says hi.
    worst stat? so lemme get this straight, I should put a priority on mp5 over crit so that I get more mana regen. ok sure I agree there. but you see there's this thing that crit rating does for me, it allows my heals to, oh whats that word, oh yeah, crit...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I'd like to see you heal a level 80 heroic version of Shade of Aran, then.
    What's the point of this?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis
    What's the point of this?
    That you cannot balance a healer's Regen by having them stand in melee range 100% of the time (using the example of the person I quoted standing on Anub with 100% mana due to SoW).

It would be like America telling Iraq "Don't worry Bro, you will not have any more suicidal bombings in December of 2013. Until then deal with it".
    You just compared a video game to some of the worse things to happen to the United States in years.

You're fucking pro.

10+ Year Old Account

That you cannot balance a healer's Regen by having them stand in melee range 100% of the time (using the example of the person I quoted standing on Anub with 100% mana due to SoW).
    The only time you couldn't stand in melee range was during the arcane explosion... and at that point, no one is taking damage, so you have nothing to heal through unless there happens to be an elemental running around. And if that's the case, your raid has bigger things to worry about than where your holy pally is standing.

Bad example, in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Immamoonkin
    You just compared a video game to some of the worse things to happen to the United States in years.

You're fucking pro.
    Not the worst thing, no.

Although I won't debate politics here.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis
    The only time you couldn't stand in melee range was during the arcane explosion... and at that point, no one is taking damage, so you have nothing to heal through unless there happens to be an elemental running around. And if that's the case, your raid has bigger things to worry about than where your holy pally is standing.

Bad example, in my opinion.
    Shade of Aran silences everyone in a 10 yard radius for 2 seconds and spell locks them for 8.

Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Is haste still better than crit after you pass the soft haste cap?
    If not the itemization would be :
    Haste/Mp5 (until cap) > MP5/Crit > Haste/Crit
    Soft cap only applies to FoL. Holy Light Paladins should stack as much Haste as humanly possible so long as it doesn't infringe upon Int.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    but you see there's this thing that crit rating does for me, it allows my heals to, oh whats that word, oh yeah, crit...
    Actual crits add to throughput. If that's something you want, get SP. It shouldn't be though.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account

Correction, it isn't a silence. It's an interupt with a spell lock. Any caster worth a damn can learn to heal around that.

I think paladins do need more Mana regen as some of my guilds Holy paladins can go through 2-3 innervates in a fight, but I don't see these as nerfs considering your chants/gems can go many ways.

Not the worst thing, no.

Although I won't debate politics here.
    No.

NO.

You are seriously comparing a very SHITTY thing to a VIDEO GAME. VIDEO. GAME. You need some serious mental help if this stat change is effecting you so badly that you think it's just as bad as what's going on in Iraq.

You, sir, are a JACKASS.

Quote Originally Posted by Supression
    I think paladins do need more Mana regen as some of my guilds Holy paladins can go through 2-3 innervates in a fight, but I don't see these as nerfs considering your chants/gems can go many ways.
    Exactly on what bossfight does your paladin friends need 2-3 innervates? :S

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Supression
    Seriously? Either the dps in your raids are incredibly low, or they are healing people who don't need to be healed. I sit around 33K mana raid buffed and I rarely need an innervate unless we lose a healer. They need to learn how to manage their Divine Plea better.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles
    So again I ask, HOW IS CRIT OUR WORST STAT? HOW HOW HOW HOW?
    I don't understand how anyone can decry SP but then turn around and talk up Crit. Crit is half SP and half MP5. It regens less mana than MP5 and provides less throughput than SP. A single stat serving a dual role would be kinda cool except for the fact that we don't NEED throughput. So that portion of what you get out of Crit is effectively wasted.

On the other hand, we do need mana regen. I'm not saying MP5 is good for us. I'm saying it's better than Crit. If I could swing it, I'd trade in gobs of both MP5 and Crit for more Int and Haste. But I can't. So I have to pick between MP5 and Crit. However, with our tier set, Blizzard is forcing us to stack the lesser of the two.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

No.

NO.

You are seriously comparing a very SHITTY thing to a VIDEO GAME. VIDEO. GAME. You need some serious mental help if this stat change is effecting you so badly that you think it's just as bad as what's going on in Iraq.

You, sir, are a JACKASS.
    I didn't say that it was "ZOMG WORZ THAN IRAQZ!!!"

I did say that simply ignoring it and saying that "it will be better later, deal with it for now" is the same as Iraq.

Crucible, you sir are pro but I think you're getting worked up over something that most likely won't matter. Obviously, crit isn't what it used to be and instead we are forced to choose between mp5 (which sucks), crit (which sucks), and haste (which doesn't suck but past soft cap can get annoying during my FoL spamming). But who cares? This gear has much better set bonuses and MOAR INTZ!!!!! What else could I ask for? Your job is safe as Tank healer and you will still dominate in that roll so what's the big deal?

BTW, Our T10 looks half-Shammy anyways so might as well accent it with some mail pieces. :P

Tip 1: Don't argue with Ronark, he is always right.

Tip 2: If you've made it to tip 2, please refer to tip 1.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I don't understand how anyone can decry SP but then turn around and talk up Crit. Crit is half SP and half MP5. It regens less mana than MP5 and provides less throughput than SP. A single stat serving a dual role would be kinda cool except for the fact that we don't NEED throughput. So that portion of what you get out of Crit is effectively wasted.

On the other hand, we do need mana regen. I'm not saying MP5 is good for us. I'm saying it's better than Crit. If I could swing it, I'd trade in gobs of both MP5 and Crit for more Int and Haste. But I can't. So I have to pick between MP5 and Crit. However, with our tier set, Blizzard is forcing us to stack the lesser of the two.
    I really disagree with MP5 being better than Crit. MP5 is pretty worthless with how quick a Holy Paladin can replenish their mana pool. At least with crit, I get increased splash healing with Glyph of Holy Light, an instant Flash of Light if my Holy Shock crits, and a big heal with mana return. To me, that is more worth it than some MP5.

10+ Year Old Account

No.

NO.

You, sir, are a JACKASS.
    You, sir, take metaphors too seriously.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

I didn't say that it was "ZOMG WORZ THAN IRAQZ!!!"

I did say that simply ignoring it and saying that "it will be better later, deal with it for now" is the same as Iraq.
    The shit isn't even live. You can't "deal with it now." You probably aren't on the PTR with a full T10 set, and in a solid raid to see what's going on with your mana bar. (Though, with YOU being ret, I can see why you would QQ over something that hasn't been tested yet.)

And that's still a shitty comparison.