Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

Lol... you mean like having full T9 set from Triumph badges? If peeps don't have 4 set of varied T9 levels (232,245,258) by the time IC pops... then you have created a new classification below that of Casual but just above Noob. And once the patch pops... we're talking Heroic Farming of the badges. Then even these "Noosuals" canl have an adequate set of set for 10/25 Normal IC in a week. Not to mention the long list of welfare epics from ToC 5 man and IC 5 mans...

Quote Originally Posted by pheneom
    Tanks are going to need a HIGH amount of Aviodance for this raid. There is no way a tank with i-lvl 219 going to servive that raid. Mostly tanks with ToTC 10 and 25 man, I thinking would be the minimum gear requirements before you have a go at IC 10

As for the healers.. Erm.. from what I am seeing on the PTR. Its going to be very intensive for all healing types.

Its going to take awhile most of the lower social/casual raiders are able to do IC 10. I guess we can all dream of the gear that drops but Dont expect this raid to be easy or a push over.

I don't understand how anybody is agreeing to the system at all.

I could live with the gating if it was every week like ToC, the attempts thing makes no sense for a normal mode and for heroic mode its still a stretch. They are letting things totally out of our hands dictate whether we succeed or not in hard mode content. Tank DCs engaging putricide? Woops 20% of that first weeks attempts gone. How is that fair? There are so many California Blizz-fanboy's around its unbelievable.

If WoW was free it would be less of an arguement. You're paying for a service and they are now giving you limits on how you spend your time using it.

The whole christmas schedule thing is stupid, if you cant get your people on to play, take a week off. Nobody is forcing you to take part in the World 1st chase except YOU.

The whole gating system is cheap and lazy. If you feel you have to slow progress down for some reason it should be done through the difficulty of the encounters, not by some arbitrary gating system.

I want to have the choice to raid 20 hours per week on new content, why cant i be allowed to do that? Is it unreasonable to want to spend my time on WoW however I want?

I'm still excited for ICC but I guess I am just very disappointed that I have to wait another 3 months to see the conclusion of one of my favortie WoW storylines. I was very pscyhed to know that we would see how it all panned out before the years end. Now we have to wait until March.

Quote Originally Posted by risex
    I'm fine with the gated system I think it will build and build excitement towards the final showdown, it keeps people from looking forward to the next unlock. It allows Blizzard time to adjust or add extra things as we march on in ICC. It also delays the influx of crazy PVE gear into Arena/BG's. It keeps people in the same timeframe of the game, instead of months and months behind when the said top guild killed him 4 months ago.

As per usual, many posts on here didn't read all that was said, and like to blow that one thing way out of proportion. It's not possible to please everyone all the time, person's x's $15 isn't > than person's y's $15. With the buff and the attempts raising every week it's really only 'bad' for the first couple weeks, again it tries to keep as many players in the same timeframe. Sure it also delays the game out, which is probably only a small factor in Blizzards decision. Top guilds will still be top guilds, guilds don't rate other guilds on regular kills anymore(doubt they regate for HM), skill shouldn't be determined by who raids the most.

There we go again, some people think this somehow evens the playing fields from casuals/hardcores.
    It doesn't. Sure we will all have access to the same bosses at first, but "hardcores" are going play more and are already geared more, will have this first phase on farm for their mains and alts while most "casual" guilds are still trying to kill all the bosses. Therefore, once the other phases are released, once again the "hardcores" will be more geared, kill the new bosses first and be the first ones to have access to and kill the LK, they will still be the ones doing the first hardmodes, getting the first achievs and mounts.

How exactly does it even up the playing field?

It's a stall and a bad one at that, nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    I don't understand how anybody is agreeing to the system at all.

I could live with the gating if it was every week like ToC, the attempts thing makes no sense for a normal mode and for heroic mode its still a stretch. They are letting things totally out of our hands dictate whether we succeed or not in hard mode content. Tank DCs engaging putricide? Woops 20% of that first weeks attempts gone. How is that fair? There are so many California Blizz-fanboy's around its unbelievable.

If WoW was free it would be less of an arguement. You're paying for a service and they are now giving you limits on how you spend your time using it.

The whole christmas schedule thing is stupid, if you cant get your people on to play, take a week off. Nobody is forcing you to take part in the World 1st chase except YOU.

The whole gating system is cheap and lazy. If you feel you have to slow progress down for some reason it should be done through the difficulty of the encounters, not by some arbitrary gating system.

I want to have the choice to raid 20 hours per week on new content, why cant i be allowed to do that? Is it unreasonable to want to spend my time on WoW however I want?

I'm still excited for ICC but I guess I am just very disappointed that I have to wait another 3 months to see the conclusion of one of my favortie WoW storylines. I was very pscyhed to know that we would see how it all panned out before the years end. Now we have to wait until March.
    How can anyone not agree with this? People complaining about how much time other guilds spend on raids are either jealous they cant spend the time, mad cause they can spend the time but suck at the game or both. We have already waited a year for the friggin LK when the entire xpac was hyped around him.

They have hyped this patch for months and right when its about to hit, they hit us with this BS and completely ruin it. While the new LFG system may make it easier to farm dungeons....who in the heck really wants to farm dungeons for badges AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN...

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepit05
    There we go again, some people think this somehow evens the playing fields from casuals/hardcores.
    It doesn't. Sure we will all have access to the same bosses at first, but "hardcores" are going play more and are already geared more, will have this first phase on farm for their mains and alts while most "casual" guilds are still trying to kill all the bosses. Therefore, once the other phases are released, once again the "hardcores" will be more geared, kill the new bosses first and be the first ones to have access to and kill the LK, they will still be the ones doing the first hardmodes, getting the first achievs and mounts.

I personally don't care either way, gives me lots of time to get all 6 of my 80's ICC gear :P

This will only further the gap between "hardcore guilds & casual guilds"
    Hardcore guilds already demand you to put 15+ raiding hours a week just because hard modes demand a restocked active raiders and casual guilds just want to show up get loot and log out

It's making it harder for those of us kinda in between from hardcore and casuals to find a guild that will be able to do hard modes and not spend months just trying to unlock these bosses.

Spell: Blizzard Bomb
    Effect: Every player in World of Warcraft is now casual.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

So casuals will never complete this raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepit05

It doesn't make casual's suddenly better, it doesn't level the playing field I never said it did. What I did say is that it keeps more players up to date, and more in the now, close to end progression. Sure the top guilds will be there sooner than other guilds, but more guilds will be at the lock door than without it. They will farm it more which will get them to the next gate faster than another guild. Guilds that typically put it more time racing for the finish line will now be hamstrung and slowed by gates, allowing other guilds to get to that same gate, granted not as fast, but more guilds will be 'in the hunt' for world first Arthas. I'm not in a casual guild, nor a hardcore guild, we are typically a 3 day raid guild that has cleared ToGC. Guilds that push harder than 3 days typically in the past have an advantage than one one that doesn't. Decked out heading to the next raid instance, helps propel them faster through the next content. Nothing changes that, but it evens out a bit the 5 days vs. the 3 day guilds(initially), casual will still be casual, bad's will be bad.

Deleted

What I did say is that it keeps more players up to date, and more in the now, close to end progression.
    Why the heck do people think that is is desirable that as many players as possible reach "Game Over" after a few weeks and have no new and exciting content in front of them for MONTHS?

I hate to be at the point of "Game Over" in an MMO, because it means the designers failed...

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de
    Why the heck do people think that is is desirable that as many players as possible reach "Game Over" after a few weeks and have no new and exciting content in front of them for MONTHS?

I hate to be at the point of "Game Over" in an MMO, because it means the designers failed...
    Well then you always have the CHOICE to progress however you want, nobody is forcing you to do anything.

There are people who want to do it as fast as possible, for whatever reason doesn't matter, because they are being FORCED into a certain playstyle.

So they are preventing a bunch of QQ about no new content by creating a bunch of QQ about limited content, I fail to see how one is better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by risex
    It doesn't make casual's suddenly better, it doesn't level the playing field I never said it did. What I did say is that it keeps more players up to date, and more in the now, close to end progression. Sure the top guilds will be there sooner than other guilds, but more guilds will be at the lock door than without it. They will farm it more which will get them to the next gate faster than another guild. Guilds that typically put it more time racing for the finish line will now be hamstrung and slowed by gates, allowing other guilds to get to that same gate, granted not as fast, but more guilds will be 'in the hunt' for world first Arthas. I'm not in a casual guild, nor a hardcore guild, we are typically a 3 day raid guild that has cleared ToGC. Guilds that push harder than 3 days typically in the past have an advantage than one one that doesn't. Decked out heading to the next raid instance, helps propel them faster through the next content. Nothing changes that, but it evens out a bit the 5 days vs. the 3 day guilds(initially), casual will still be casual, bad's will be bad.

Yea this limited stuff basicly, does nothing but allow "casual" guilds to catch up. Whats the point? If you aren't gonna be a world/server first on anything regardless (which is over rated imo) then why do this at all?

It's just a poor attempt and a stall, give us the content already and work something out if cata is that far off, thats what we pay for...not this limited content.

It's so obvious why they stretching the Icecrown Citadel...

Cataclysm.

They need it to last long enough to keep you happy for more time than usual. It's not because of casual or any of that rubbish.

Kinda funny thread...

"Player 1 : Opinion A"
    "Player 2 : Omg player 1 you're wrong, the truth is Opinion B"
    "Player 3 : No, player 2, Opinion A is the way to go"
    "Player 4 : random nerdrage"
    "Player 5 : Don't worry guys i totally understood this, read what i write please : Opinion B"
    "Player 6 : insults on player 2 and 5"

and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Artificial content lengthening ftw. Why am I not surprised?
    I think this expresses it all.

I was also wondering when this was going to be a main stay of their content design.

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel
    Artificial content lengthening ftw. Why am I not surprised?
    Indeed.

Well, they have to atleast try to make the content last uintil Cata is out.

Shadowmourne quest! up date

this is for Shadowmourne and the saronite needed for the Q ^^ when i updated atlas loot i soon saw emblems of frost loot so i go on it and seeing every thing was the ? mark, but then i saw a blue item and it was primordial saronite for 23 somthing (prob emblams of frost) so yeah just fort i would say that ^^ and has any one else see this or is it just me :P also tire 10 was on there but the same as the emblams of frost every thing it ?

15+ Year Old Account

since it seems we are going to wait a good while for boss content ...there better be some awesome trash loot lol

I think the question here becomes which would you prefer, artificial content lengthening give us at least something new to do every few weeks or everything released at once so the top guilds burn it down in 2 days and make it look like a joke. From a business standpoint the first option is much better for Blizz because lets face it, those people whining about the gated progress will play either way and keeping it gated like that will give guilds that have less time to play and those that arent as good more time to catch up and feel like they are progressing as well as other guilds.

Lets face facts here i am in agreance here and only the hardcore raiding guilds are goign to be pissin and moning about the limitations, and you know what i say dont like it eff off.

This is great as it means that guilds will not be locked in ICC all day, i come from a guild where we are very big on helping each other get geared up so we can all do these runs, we dont leave anyone one behind, this sort of system frees up more time so guilds can help thier smaller players get ready for ICC and more time can be put into other older runs.

Yes Blizz maybe drawing it out a bit but i would love blizz not to put Arthus on the test relm and when all these big head guilds get tto him he destroys them with ease, that will deflate thier egos.

Blizz has made the game now raid friendly for everyone since WOTLK, and it has smashed untold raiding guilds whos members now realise hey we can see the nice content now and not have to be abused no more becasue pre LK it was 25 minimum to see the black temple, i know personaly of one guild who was a nice friendly guild but now have turned faceless, only thier best players run and thier team mates who need help are not getting it.

So come the judgement day of old Arthus i know my alt priest will be ready to take him on as my guild have the time to develop her

Think about that