Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

They REALLY want to drag Ice Crown out for as long as possible.. as i was reading it it felt like

But you cant do that.. but if you do then we limit that, and even if you get past that then your no longer able to do this and then finally when you get to this bit.. well we stop you finishing that as well.. Finally when 12 of your earth years have passed we may let you look at the Lich Kings Toe!!!!

Well I hope its going to be worth it..
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

What a sad way to make Icecrown Citadel last until Cataclysm release. My 10 man group has been sitting in toc/togc for months bored as hell and you're telling me we're only going to be able to kill four bosses the week ICC comes out and YOU KNOW they are going to be easy as shit, they said let all casuals see the content on normal modes. Some of us REALLY excited for new content, why can't you just let us play it at our own pace, and just make the encounters CHALLENGING like it should be, its Icecrown Citadel not Deadmines.

Such epic fail. If you're going to LIMIT attempts at least reward PERFECTION... Making it easier with that buff is just kinda lame, you're gonna get discredited if you missed a week cuz of attendance or something didnt clear the hardest modes "pre-song of battle"

On a side note, I do like the fact that to attack arthas on heroic mode, you will really have to be on your a-game and beat Putricide, Lanathel and Sindragosa on heroic mode to attempt Arthas on heroic mode, but in a way its kinda lame depending on the encounters. Imagine having to do Firefighter and Knockx3 every time you wanted to try algalon.

A great finishing touch to this shit sundae is if Blizzard makes the Heroic Modes like ToC and just increase hp / dmg and not add new mechanics or make anything unique about them.

Disappointing for the people who really are ready for some new raid content

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Not only will this be rather lame but what do you want us to do blizzard really.

Usual raid schedule:

Wednesday: ICC first 4
    Thursday: Totc and Totgc

Sunday-Tuesday: ?

Quote Originally Posted by xxpoohbearxx
    Enjoy wasting your monthly subscription fees because artificial time limits have been imposed.

Now i'm glad i don't play anymore.

HaHaHaHa, you're all addicted and your being forced into wasting your money.

I feel sorry for those that can't stop playing :-*
    Should we feel sorry for those that can't stop trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrobot
    Good idea imo. It's a slap in the face for the 'hardcore' guilds and gives everyone else a chance to compeat and play at a more gradual pace rather than 'we're gonna stay up for 48 hours and kill everything'. Also glad there is no 'insanity' type of aachivement becuase they were just more stressful than needs be and not enjoyable.
    Thats why they are optional, I mean hell. You dont HAVE to get Tribute to Insanity. You shouldn't get spoon fed everything in the game.

So the lessons of Ulduar - refined, deep content that took weeks for even the best guilds to finish - were completely ignored in favour of completely artificial cock blocking?

My issue with # of attempts stuff isn't a matter of difficulty, though I admit my guild is especially vulnerable to it (we're a silly bunch), but this whole annoying stress on every attempt / oh god wait for rezzes / is lust up / oh boy soulstones / oh god someone disconnected shit makes content either stupid or frankly covers for bad design. It's just a less enjoyable way to play the game.

But, anyway, I guess this means cataclysm is much further behind schedule than people had hoped. Not to say I'm quitting, but I think this might be the point where I actually drop sub and pool game cards til Cata. Sigh.

Deleted

I just hope the bosses are hard even on normal mode.

it seems that its not algalon, but the lich king, who feeds on your tears now...

lol ... graet idea by blizzard! /highfive
    It's just a game.

Deleted

The only thing I don't agree with this system is the number of attempts for normal mode. Normal mode shouldn't be forced upon the assumption of perfect raiding conditions (no DCs, lag, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    YOU KNOW they are going to be easy as shit,
    Wait. And. See. I believe you're going to get your collective asses handed to you by most of the bosses in there.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

The prolonging is just so Blizzard can keep you entertained until they release next patch. Which probably won't contain another raid, but smaller stuff. Cataclysm is still far off.

Deleted

[conspiracy]
    We will need the time to farm up Shadowmourne, so we can kill the LK anyway...
    [/conspiracy]

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    The restricted attempts is great, which means top guilds with great coordiation will have a challenge but it won't be overly difficult
    Except that extremely limited attempts (i.e. <5 or 10) simply exacerbate non-skill based wipe issues, such as disconnections or encounter bugs.
    They should simply line up all the bosses on the roads in Dalaran and then we can just run them over on our mounts and they'll drop emblems like Mario coins.
    - Valaron

Deleted

I like this a lot.

Ok, so it's gonna be a bit frustrating knowing that there is content 'out there' that you just can't touch, but clearly Blizz are having to turn a lot of attention to Cata and we're gonna be high and dry for a few months with no new patches. This is basically a way of turning one patch into 3 and, personally, I think I'm going to appreciate having more content to look forward to.

I like to save some of my Christmas presents til after breakfast...

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Cataclysm is still far off.
    Not that far off.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuka
    Not only will this be rather lame but what do you want us to do blizzard really.

Usual raid schedule:

profit, duh.

oh, and to everyone bitching about this....they have done this before. in TBC no less. why do you think it took so long for KJ and muru to be killed way back when?
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xxpoohbearxx
    Enjoy wasting your monthly subscription fees because artificial time limits have been imposed.

Now i'm glad i don't play anymore.

HaHaHaHa, you're all addicted and your being forced into wasting your money.

I feel sorry for those that can't stop playing :-*
    Useful post, some of us enjoy the game and have active lives in the real world!

You sound like a vindictive ex-smoker releasing QQ on those that still do

The possibility to opt out from the zone-wide buff..

I wonder if the meta achievement can be completed with it or do you must opt out. I am hoping for the latter, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Wait. And. See. I believe you're going to get your collective asses handed to you by most of the bosses in there.
    I really, reallly, REALLY hope you're right. I really hope that Lord Marrowgar destroys us on our first attempt because if its like he is on the PTR but with higher dmg and higher health and a semi-challenging enrage timer, he's a joke. Not to mention he's the RAID WEEKLY so all the people in full tier9 with their triumph badge farming have to be able to pug him or blizzard will be unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuka

Usual raid schedule:

You want to raid seven days a week? That is unhealthy. Not only is it never said anywhere that WoW will keep you entertained every single night of the week, it shouldn't.