Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

I gotta say, this system is totally FU**ING RETARDED. I'm not from any of those super hardcore guilds. I raid a lot but i'm not going around killing hardmodes and saying everything is too easy.

From my point of view this is bad for hardcores, casuals and everyone in between. To me this is a big F you to all hardcore raiding guilds and a big F you to all casuals who raid as well.

On the one hand you have hardcores who HATE the limited attempts thing and will have to wait a long time to do all the content that they really care about.

On the other hand blizzard is FORCING this limited attempts and gate crap on everyone else (including casuals) who want nothing to do with it.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care about hardcore vs casual or heroic vs reg, but just wants to raid all the content? I want to see the Lich king beaten. I want to finish the story like any good RPG.

Casuals who feel the same way as I do (want to see the lore) are going to hate the limited attempts and the gate system. Lets say a casual raiding guild uses up all of their attempts on a boss one week, so they can't finish the raid that week on normal. They will feel like they're being punished for not being leet enough for this raid.

And i'm not an impatient person, but I've been waiting for this boss fight since I first finished naxx. Now I find out when this raid comes out i'm gonna have to wait even longer? It would be like if when Halo 3 came out, bungie says oh wait sorry we're only gonna release 1 level per week, and if you die 5 or more times in a week then you have to wait another week to play. So you will need to wait longer to "Finish the fight". Do you know how much bitching there would have been?

I thought blizzard's goals concerning wow were to make it more accessible to all people. To let us play the game the way we want and to have a good time with our friends while we do it. What is so wrong about wanting to raid without the stress of limited attempts and having to wait for all the bosses to be released? Honestly though, the gate system has me angry, but forcing limited attempts onto reg mode makes me want to quit come Cataclysm.

Heh I was planning on rerolling warlock in Cata, but Gears of war 2 online 10 hours a day doesn't sound so bad right about now. At least Epic games won't say F you, you don't get to play anymore today.

QQ train off, and yes i'm QQing, but sometimes maybe a little QQ isn't a bad thing.

Deleted

I hope that the fight against the Lich king, Arthas, will be epic.
    We see in EDC that arthas has 27.1 millions hp. Does it a random value ?

Well the truth is, this will probably invoke less qq then ensidia or some other guild downign arthas 1 week after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    I was trying to read through all the posts to see if anyone took the Lore in concideration in all of this.
    As I was going along, I noticed that for every 3 pages I read a new page would pop up and I'm pretty sure they all contain the same QQ bullsh*t about the attempts.
    The reason we cant kill Arthas at release date is because the Ashen Verdict offensive has just started. Look at a real war, no matter how many troops you have or how advanced your weapons are, you cant win a war in just one day.

Also. Could someone sum up all the ICC bosses for me? I would like to see the total of bosses and the ones on wich you have attempts on.

To the people that find it stupid that you have to kill Putricide, Sindragosa etc before you can kill Arthas, think of Naxx. Or better yet a corridor with 3 doors. In order to go through door number 3, you have to pass door 1 and 2! Simple.

One more thing. What is the average number of attempts a normal guild gives a boss if they keep wipping on it? At 5 wipes tanks are in yellow/red gear and the most of the players dont feel like dying anymore, theyd rather go grind some rep or badges! Offcourse there are hardcore players that only quit after 20 wipes but thats the minority!

Why do we humans always look at the 1 bad thing out of 10 good ones?
    Good Point Man, liked your post. We should indeed focus more on the good sides

The only difference between this and farming for weeks and months for resist gear for Molten Core / BWL / AQ is that at least in those classic instances you had something to do during that time (farm for more resist gear/mats) and, even if your raid was not at full strength in terms of the gear, you could still try to keep progressing anyways.

This is straight up desperation on Blizzard's part.

I like this plan, I'm excited by this!

To anyone saying this is screwing the hardcore players, think of Sunwell back, way back in BC. That place was gated and over a month or so, the barriers all came down and Kil'Jaeden was defeated. This is Blizzard remaining consistent, and also reminding us of the days when you would spend weeks wiping to get ONE boss down. Plus the bosses are harder, and the extra time would be better.

Also it doesn't say if the limited tries are on the RESPECTIVE bosses (Putricide, Lana'thel, Sindragosa, Lich King) or on any boss. If it is for the specifics, that will be cool.

Also, this moves to make you more concerned about your character's well being, weeding out stupid mistakes and making us focus. Plus it makes finally downing Arthas and getting Light of Dawn that much more of an achievement, not like the one night Ulduar clear by Ensidia or the 2 day clear of t7 content from release. We actually have to WORK for our free epics now. (gasp!)

Also, if you are a hardcore raider and complaining about how "This sucks because we need to wipe to learn the fight." then you are not a hardcore raider. If you were a hardcore raider, you'd be on the freakin PTR every test learning the fights or reading the strats and therefore wouldn't need to wipe. I'm also pretty sure that the week Anub'arak came out a 10 man guild got the 50 tries remaining, so QQ somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehhmo
    You really think its better to chill around with your friend at 6PM and drink bear or do shit?
    I love it when people get so worked up that they have to post an angry reply so fast that they don't bother checking to see if they misspelled something. Invalidates anything else they had to say.

Enjoy your cold, frost-brewed bear. Also in bear lite and bear dry. Bottle or can.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by webzagar
    5 attempts the first week. When the next wing opens you get 10 attempts total. Then when the third wing opens you have 15. By the time the third wing opens Putricide will be easy, and you will still have 15 attempts for the other 2.

It's seriously incentive to learn the fights and not dick around. If it makes you feel better, then think of it as perma death if you fail too many times. Oh sorry, no loot this week. Try harder next time! Hey look! No more free epics.
    Way to post an attempted counterargument that not only fails to take into account the rest of my post, but is actually already refuted by it.

Next time, don't try to edit peoples' comments just to take out what you want out of context, and address the whole thing.

Limited attempts is a daft artificial way of limiting a fight which opens up a group to being completely screwed not by any failure on their part, but by the simple fact that the intertubes are fickle and prone to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus
    but Gears of war 2 online 10 hours a day doesn't sound so bad right about now.
    I play alot of XBox Live right now. It has it's up and it's downs.
    Not being able to chat to guild members is horrible.

But XBox Live IS alot of fun, Halo 3, Gow2 and GTA 4 has kept me busy for weeks.

Unfortunaltey nothing can replace consistent guild members for online community.

However, a mixture of these forums combined with XBox Live seems to be an OK substitute for WoW for me. I havn't played WoW for a couple of months now.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mortred
    Good Point Man, liked your post. We should indeed focus more on the good sides
    Thank you.

Back to my statement, can someone post a list of bosses in ICC who DONT have limited attempts?
    For the Emperor.

Rofl imo they're just preventing icecrown from being cleared in 2 or 3 weeks hah.
    Well, yeah, obviously, does it mean that it is a bad thing?

That being said I am afraid the number of attempts is far, far too low...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    I love it when people get so worked up that they have to post an angry reply so fast that they don't bother checking to see if they misspelled something. Invalidates anything else they had to say.

Enjoy your cold, frost-brewed bear. Also in bear lite and bear dry. Bottle or can.
    Flame me for spelling mistakes please, after all i am not even from the USA or Britain. But it's nice you pointed out that i misspelled the word beer, but ignored the whole rest.

Quote Originally Posted by xxpoohbearxx
    I play alot of XBox Live right now. It has it's up and it's downs.
    Not being able to chat to guild members is horrible.

But XBox Live IS alot of fun, Halo 3, Gow2 and GTA 4 has kept me busy for weeks.

Unfortunaltey nothing can replace consistent guild members for online community.

However, a mixture of these forums combined with XBox Live seems to be an OK substitute for WoW for me. I havn't played WoW for a couple of months now.

What about Modern Warfare 2?!?!?! and New Super Mario Bros Wii!!!!!! (best mario game ever made!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground

What about Modern Warfare 2?!?!?! and New Super Mario Bros Wii!!!!!! (best mario game ever made!!!)
    Modern Warfare 2 is owned by this guy, the same person that has made all these changes to World of Warcraft happen, and i refuse to buy it.

He is the same guy that owns all the Guitar Hero and Band Hero games. There is an increasing number of people boycotting his games, because of the way he does things.

Look him up on the Internet if you want to learn more. You may end up boycotting his games too.

edit - I love Mario but dont own a Wii or i would play that too ^^

!!!...NERD RAGE CENTRAL...!!!

"OMG, you mispelled this"
    "LAWL u nub, you only quoted half of my post"
    "NOES we have to wait cos Blizz get Lazy..."

Have a cup of stfu and wait to see what its like yeah?

I have a few issues with it, but overall I like the idea. Hats off to Blizzard for enraging the community, too.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight

Surely you mean 'It invalidates'
    'It also comes in bear light; in either bottle or can."

The moral of the story; it's pretty silly to pick apart the errors of another if, while doing so, you're making errors which are equally fixable.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher
    I like this set-up. Being the server-first to beat ICC will actually mean something, as will actually killing Arthas.
    No, this will mean that server-first ICC won't go to the actuall top-server guild - it'll go to the jackasses that log on first the day the Arthas encounter is released getting several hours head-start.
    If anything server-firsts will mean less then before.

Quote Originally Posted by xxpoohbearxx
    Modern Warfare 2 is owned by this guy, the same person that has made all these changes to World of Warcraft happen, and i refuse to buy it.

He is the same guy that owns all the Guitar Hero and Band Hero games. There is an increasing number of people boycotting his games, because of the way he does things.

Look him up on the Internet if you want to learn more. You may end up boycotting his games too.

Well What about Mario???? lol Also I was reading that the next Modern Warfare is going to have an online monthly fee for content....

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus
    Excellent setup if you ask me. With easy flipping of normal to hard they had to do something like this. Force players to actually complete the instance on normal before being able to jump to hardmodes. Much better solution than the "you have to do this or that to activate said hardmode in Uld crap"

I'd also like to know how many posters here complaining about this have actually done any of the ICC encounters on the PTR. Or are they just going by what they've heard from others?

To those using the "this is LKs last raid before Cata" card to support their disapproval of this system I can use that card to. Since this is the last major raid of Lich King don't ya think they wanted to make it especially epic feeling? What's so epic about staying up all night in order to clear the raid in one go just so you can stroke your e-peen on some pointless world first crap?
    Quote for zeh truth