Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Raid Access Progression

Quote Originally Posted by dreadful
    so we will have to wait not only til patch launch but an additional 1-2 MONTHS before seeing lich king even on normal mode? that's just ridiculous, how are any non-hardcore guilds ever even going to get far enough to experience his hardmode?
    jo do know what hardmode means, do you?

hardmode = for hardcores
    easymode = for casuals

you cant expect to see something thats made for those who want a bigger challenge and invest much more time than andy casual. its why they made hard/easy modes in the first place....

so much fail in this thread

I'm astonished at how many people failed at reading comprehension. Blizzard should make a "for dummies" version of that post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator
    Quoted for truth. I haven't played WoW since 3.2 came out, was hoping for more with is, played it on the PTR, was disappointed, canceled my account, subscription ran out a day after 3.2. Just been cruising MMO from time to time to see if there's any worthwhile reason to come back, decide to check the comments, click the 24, and then see some guy getting flamed for not immediately subscribing to WoW when he was curious whether the game had gotten back on track. WoW players can be retarded sometimes.
    he's not being flamed for not re-subscribing. he's being flamed for being a troll. a little bit of a difference there. someone that takes time to make up an un-spellchecked .gif bashing the CEO of activision in MS paint had no intention of comming on this site to see if the game had gotten back on track. he's a troll and deserves all of the butt hurt his little heart feels.

Idras, im LMAO after I saw your picture. Pretty epic. DO they accept paypal account? hahahaha

This is great! The "super" guilds, like Ensidia, won't be able to beat Icecrown Citadel in 3 or 4 days. Blizzard has finally leveled the playing field. Now even the most laid back or casual guilds can now work their way through Icecrown, without feeling like someone has already cleared it. Thank you, Blizzard
    Work in Progress....

Pathetic attempt at trying to make content last, why don't they just increase the difficulty of each boss...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Canopus
    This is great! The "super" guilds, like Ensidia, won't be able to beat Icecrown Citadel in 3 or 4 days. Blizzard has finally leveled the playing field. Now even the most laid back or casual guilds can now work their way through Icecrown, without feeling like someone has already cleared it. Thank you, Blizzard
    Not if the limited attempts don't break the casual guilds in meantime. Guild drama is bound to happen, no matter what.

"What was the worst thing about Sunwell?"

"Gates!"

"What was the worst thing about ToC?"

"Tries!"

Recipe for success imo.GJ Blizz u ruined the coolest instance in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Quillu
    jo do know what hardmode means, do you?

hardmode = for hardcores
    easymode = for casuals

you cant expect to see something thats made for those who want a bigger challenge and invest much more time than andy casual. its why they made hard/easy modes in the first place....

so much fail in this thread
    Thing is, there shouldn't be a hard/easy mode option it should be just hard mode

Quote Originally Posted by Jundas
    This is what I fear:

"...Uh oh, main tank dc'd. There goes our last attempt. Better luck next week guys."

What i wish

"..Uh oh, Sindragosa (or any boss) is actually REALLY hard, we're gonna have to work on this alot."

I really do hope ICC is difficult, but i don't think limits are practical. RNG is going to play a horrifyingly large factor with these small attempt numbers and it makes me a sad panda. WTB bosses that allow you to work on them and learn from them. You can't do this with 5-15 attempts limiting you =/
    you can if you actually prepare by learning the fight before you attempt it, and using your brain while your doing the encounter instead of smashing your faces against the wall hoping that eventually your combined face smashing will bring it down.

in short. play smarter. not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by eoy
    Limited tries = Sitting around waiting for cooldowns, rolling your thumbs, cursing the last wipe that was due to someone disconnecting or the server lagging.

Not a huge fan.
    This.^ Im really dissapointed with how this is going to turn out.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

10+ Year Old Account

Ahh I knew once Tigole(Jeff Kaplan) said he was done working on WoW in Jan/Feb of this year that we'd have problems. Seriously if Tigole was still working on WoW and not Blizzard's next new MMO we would NOT have this problem. It cracks me up how people can actually defend this change to ICC. This has NOTHING to do with hardcore versus casual. It hurts BOTH the hardcores and casuals.

Like why the hell do you care if the super hardcore beat the encounter way before you do? I see so many 'casuals' boast that they're glad they're not 'hardcore losers' who have no life etc, but by the way some of you talk it sounds like you WISH you were in their position since you care so much of them beating you to a boss.

Everything else including the gates and such are GREAT ideas, but this 5 attempt crap is pathetic. It's there to halt progress and give them an excuse to why we'll have had no new content 6 months from now or any sign of Cata. They can say well most people have just killed Arthas a month or two ago so let's let that settle in first. I can see it now.

Seriously though. I never appreciated Tigole's work as much as I do now after seeing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Canopus
    And I also don't get why you continue to repost the same thing over and over. You've said that two or three times now. Jealous of Ensidia much? This is what I mean when I say people who claim to be 'above' the 'hardcore losers' are showing they really just envy them.

Is there a category happy about that?

- Hardcore will be slowed down by the gating system.
    - Casuals will be slowed down by the attempts system.

Surely Blizzard has found the way to slow down all the raiders (to take time to develop Cataclysm and/or get more money from WotLK) and piss them off at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Idras
    Coming soon:
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydave
    Pathetic attempt at trying to make content last, why don't they just increase the difficulty of each boss...
    I've been seeing this alot, but people seem to be forgetting something:

If it's not "mathematically impossible", it's beaten the week it comes out. Gating content is the only way they can make it last longer than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight
    Wait. And. See. I believe you're going to get your collective asses handed to you by most of the bosses in there.
    Riiight. Because The first 4 bosses in raid dungeons are usually difficult as fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by dreadful
    so we will have to wait not only til patch launch but an additional 1-2 MONTHS before seeing lich king even on normal mode? that's just ridiculous, how are any non-hardcore guilds ever even going to get far enough to experience his hardmode?
    Thats the point of hardmode, dumbass. They created normal for all the casual and non hardcore guilds, and hardmode for the hardcore guilds. THus, everyone *appears* happy to them. This announcement, however, is just bullshit.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Fucksake are they for real, we had to wait for TOC bosses one per week, now we have to do the same again, and with only 15 attempts once we wait for all normals to unlock and defeat lich king to unlock hard modes and work on them.

We are already bored mindless of TOC 10/25 normal and hardmode there are only so many times you can do an encounter before you lose all enthusiasm.

And to people going lol the world first races won't happen now, yes they will except those guilds will be on as soon as the servers come up each week they add new bosses where as the rest of us will have to wait until the PM hours for our raid start. Not to mention those fast clearing guilds will do blizzard no favors in voicing their distaste for having to stand around for five or six of their raid nights after they kill the available bosses in one night.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousFox
    I've been seeing this alot, but people seem to be forgetting something:

If it's not "mathematically impossible", it's beaten the week it comes out. Gating content is the only way they can make it last longer than a month.
    It doesn't matter if 1% of all raiding guilds beat the encounter the first week, what matters is how quick the other 99% does it. Making bosses harder will easily stretch out the lifespan of the content for a vast majority of the players.

Absolutly true.. Im pretty sure they just want to delay everything with keeping ppl playing a dungeon for alot of weeks rather than seeing the best killing everything in 1-2 weeks again. This is because it normally "should" be Arthas to be defended as the last boss in this Addon and it just takes more time as intended or even is intended to be done with everything for Cataclysm.
    Alot ppl are complaining too often that this game shouldnt be only available for the best guilds, do you guys even know this game is made more and more for the casuals right now? It is and im pretty sure it will never be like it was in the past again, that you actually have to think about what you are doing in a raid at a specific encounter and not just running over it getting the loot. This game should be more like that, every loot or every kill should be well deserved and even if this means that you have to take some evenings for a boss as a lower rated guild, in the end it was for sure worth it. Imagine Anub25hm, this boss is intended to be hard with a limit of 50trys and even 800 guilds, from which the most wont even call themself midskill, killed it allready. What are you inspecting with a 5try limit then? Even if you will have 20 trys over the next weeks it will still not even be half of Anub and IF its difficulties will be equal, what obviously has to be like that, it just cant be anything else than easy (talking about the hardmodes).
    Another thing against this system is PUG-raiding. How do ppl want to play an Icecrown PUG with a limited try system which contains this small number of trys even in normal mode?

Hardmodes are expected to be for the best guilds/players, but in which case is it hard to play these content in a 5-15try system? What we got right now is a system of sunwell (gates), Ulduar (4 hardmodes before ArthasHM) and ToC (limited trys) which isnt even that bad but it should contain more options for all players. If you want any hardmode to be accepted as hardmode you cant just put in difficulty with a try system of that amount of trys. Same goes for gates.. What is the reason for releasing bosses in gates for several weeks in normal mode? There allways has been a race on servers/worldranking and this completly destroys this, even for the nonhardcore guilds (not even adding countrys getting encounters 1day earlier or even with a week of delay).

From what Ive seen on the PTR the encounters are really well designed and IcecrownCitadel seemd to be the best instance in this game. In my and many other eyes this new system will completly destroy the "feeling of raiding" in this game.

Everything we can hope for is at least removing any delay in releasing the hardmodes (like it was well done in ToC, no gates, no restrictions besides a good try system on the hardest encounter(s)) after months of farming normal content.