Thread: Shadowmourne

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Thori'dal: Marginally better than Golden Bow of Quel'thalas, completely trivial "proc" that only saves money, same item level as other KJ loot
    Shadowmourne: Light years better than any fucking two-hander ever, incredible proc that stacks up to 360 extra Strength, A WHOLE TIER BETTER than any other ICC loot

This is as fair and FUCKING balanced as fucking Fox News.
    ...so...what, do you want them to go back to Sunwell and change the tier now? Kind of late for that, eh?
    And you want the 2hand melee guys to get a less awesome weapon just because the past has not shown hunters or casters as much love?

With that logic, we should never get any legendaries ever...someone's going to be hurting in the end.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Thori'dal: Marginally better than Golden Bow of Quel'thalas, completely trivial "proc" that only saves money, same item level as other KJ loot
    Shadowmourne: Light years better than any fucking two-hander ever, incredible proc that stacks up to 360 extra Strength, A WHOLE TIER BETTER than any other ICC loot

This is as fair and FUCKING balanced as fucking Fox News.
    WOW. Did you like not play during TBC, like, at all?

Some old patch 2.4.2 theorycrafting:
    The biggest thing that makes this bow revolutionary is the fact it doesn't use ammo. Alot of people (obviously not theory-crafters), have asserted that the loss of 53dps ammo makes it a little less incredible. They are completely wrong. Steady shot damage is unaffected by ammunition, thereby not gaining the 53 dps boost auto-shot gained. While it was speculated Blizzard might change the formula to include ammunition to the damage somehow, this bow clearly predates that possible change. This bow will make steadyshot the grand majority of a hunter's DPS, and with bonuses from the T6 4-set bonus, where steadyshot damage is increased by 10%, this bow is going to make a huge difference. This bow is clearly above the rest, if you were to take any other bow and add 53 dps and remove the ammo requirement, it would have an incredible DPS boost already, but this bow does it with clearly superior stats. It basically adds 53 dps to steady shot damage on an incredibly buff bow. I expect to see hunter's DPS above Warlocks and Rogues regularly with this bow.
    Obviously this advantage was removed in patch 3.0.2 when Steady Shot was updated to include ammo damage, but the legendary was HUGE for hunters because of the 'bug' (as some called) that boosted Steady Shots to crazy amounts until Wrath's launch.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account

Hunters lol

Hunter Weapon

Wow.... WTB 1hander version for other melee classes. =[

ppl alraedy crying over imballance this axe will create, just 0.001 wow pop will have it.. from that 0.001 just 25% will do any pvp, that means if you ever fought one YOU BEEN GOD DAMN LUCKY , considering that it will be good 3-5 months till someone have it..

Shadowmourne completely redefines "PvE gear in PvP" as we know it. That top end damage will make it untouchable.

Wow...

So. Let's start the bids!

Where abouts in Cataclysm raiding do you think this weapon will be obsolete?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviax
    Wow...

Once you ding 85 obviously?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The stats are very nice indeed.

Also, they are completely in line with what Val'anyr ... well ... was.

Val'anyr is half tier above Ulduar25 heroic loot. It has stats equivalent to epic weapon of ilvl245 + really nice proc.

Shadowmourne is half tier above ICC heroic loot and has stats in line of what epic ilvl284 2H should have.

Some math .. 1 tier = ~12% better stats (ok prolly an overstatement). Shadow's Edge has 297 base dps and is ilvl 264. 297 * 1.12^(1.5) = 348 base dps .. which is actually a little more than what Shadowmourne has.

Now add a really nice proc and top notch stat allocation .. and here you go .. legendary, that will be replaced in 1st Cataclysm raid, because gear scales exponentially in WoW.

Nice axe...too bad my shammy can't use it And if it was forged from Arthas' original mace, why is it now an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Smikis
    ppl alraedy crying over imballance this axe will create, just 0.001 wow pop will have it.. from that 0.001 just 25% will do any pvp, that means if you ever fought one YOU BEEN GOD DAMN LUCKY , considering that it will be good 3-5 months till someone have it..
    Plenty of people will PvP with it, and much more than .001 of the wow population will have it. I expect this axe to be very available (reletavily at least)
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

WTF why didn't Val'anyr got any sockets -.-
    FU Blizz!!
    somehow it looks quite puny for a 2h axe :P

Quote Originally Posted by mosher94
    Nice axe...too bad my shammy can't use it And if it was forged from Arthas' original mace, why is it now an axe?

Plenty of people will PvP with it, and much more than .001 of the wow population will have it. I expect this axe to be very available (reletavily at least)
    Because we took the Mace,

took a shit ton of saronite,

took the blood of Rotface//Festergut,

the flame and essence of Sindragosa,

and Splinters of the Frozen throne,

and Mograine's RUneforge. BAM! Shadowmounre

I wonder if there's any chance this could be made available for 10-hard, considering its gear has always been equivalent to 25-normal.

I kinda hope so, but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaviax
    Wow...

Raiding? It will be replaced by a blue axe from a level 83 group quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Masita
    Holy Shit... the stats on that thing are insane
    Yeah, but only 5 people will get it - so don't worry.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Kay, so with three 34 strength gems, and berserker on this thing, you can gain (with berserker up and procs at 9 stacks for 360 strength) 1786 AP. That's untalented.
    Someone come help me clean the jizzers in my room, plx?

Must. Reroll. War/Dk/Pally.

On a side note, how will the AoE proc affect CC. I'm slightly concerned the proc will break CC by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by ffffuuuu

Thought that i was the only one that had that feeling.
    Yeah I mean compared to Thunderfury or the Warglaives of Azzinoth ( both 1Hand waepons) this thing looks like a lame toothpick

Clearly a Shaman Axe I need a new legendary to replace my Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.