Thread: Shadowmourne

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne

Quote Originally Posted by BxD
    now i havent read all the 10 pages of comments so i cant say if this has been posted before or not, but if u have Shadowmourne and be so lucky to also have the 25man heroic version of Shadows-Edge. would it be a good idea to switch to Shadows Edge when u hit 9 stacks of Soul Fragments? this ofc depending on how long it takes for the buff to fade if it doesnt get a new Soul Fragment...
    How does one simultaneously got Shadow's Edge and Shadowmourne? You turn Shadow's Edge into Shadowmourne. Unless you somehow hack it to get the quest chain reset after getting shadowmourne, there's no way get both.

Quote Originally Posted by BxD
    EDIT: if this weapon has the same "assemble yourself" thing to it like the uldaur mace or the naxx40 staff, then im thinking this weapon will be just like the naxx staff, ppl will start to get it just in time to use it for there 80-85 lvling... so they will prob save them self getting the first tier of epic weapons in cataclysm, but as soon as next tier of weapon comes out its gona end up in the bank collecting dust..
    I don't think there's currently much debate about whether or not Shadowmourne has an "assemble yourself" thing. We can't really say at this point what the situation is going to be in terms of cataclysm gear, because every piece of gear in the game is being reworked to fit the new mechanics, everyone's talents are being shuffled around, and we have no idea how serious the gear reset is going to be in terms of changes to the rating coefficients. That said, it's likely not going to be best-in-slot for T11 in Cataclysm or anything. But I don't know why you're assuming people aren't going to get the weapon until near Cataclysm launch. That launch could well be 7-8 months after 3.3, and unless the Shadow Frost Shard drop rate is really low, there's no reason people couldn't have it with 2+ months to spare.

brb gearing my paladin AND dk...

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Finally, a real weapon (DAMN 3 Red sockets with a strength socket bonus)
    Count Off! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1!

from what i'm reading you get +40 str per weapon swing so assuming white damage only then, so 360 str at 9 stacks 10 stacks of soul fragments = choas bane = 1.9-2.1k shadow damage = 60~70 dps depending on swing timer with raid buffs and the soul fragment drain is a 'chance to' aswell.
    if the choas bane thing scales with stats then it'll be even better but i don't think it will.

but the weapon is awesome without the proc just because it's half a tier ilvl higher so better stats and weapon damage. and 3 red sockets is win

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

GOD DAMN thats nice now i just have to figure out which toon gets it my warrior or pally lol

Still no real shaman legendary huh? ~_~

Why are people jealous of someone commenting "FIRST!"

get over it.....

Quote Originally Posted by nomcakes
    if the choas bane thing scales with stats then it'll be even better but i don't think it will.
    As of right now it does scale. I'm not sure with what exactly, but it's not spell power. I'll have to parse my combat log, but in two screenshots I hit for 2624 and 2576

<== Wants a 10 version of it since i only raid with RL friends in 10 mans xD

(Before the flaming starts i am not saying they should make one i am just saying i want one :P )

i'm in love with this weapon...

3 sockets plus up to 360 bonus strength, this weapon is insane...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Promethean
    Still no real shaman legendary huh? ~_~
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46017
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=17182

Yeah there's never been a legendary for shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridius
    Why are people jealous of someone commenting "FIRST!"

get over it.....
    I can´t imagine people feel jealous over someone doing a post that is stupid,
    pointless and fills the internet with yet a few more bytes of nonsense-crap.

Would more say it´s a feeling similar to one you get when you notice a hobo sniffing
    glue and he also just shat his pants, sitting on a parkbench 20 yards away.

10+ Year Old Account

Like the plate classes needed to be any more powerful.

so what exactly drops shadow's edge? 25 lich king?

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46017
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=17182

Yeah there's never been a legendary for shaman.
    Shoulda been more specific eh? No legendary Enhancement weapon. Sulf. doesn't count because it was a trillion years ago, and yeah I know that Enhancement shaman haven't been mainstream for the entire course of the game but whatever. Val I understand and love but enhancement has been my BnB since the end cycle of TBC.

All this excitement over pixels with a bit higher stats. Although I admit I used to react the same in the past, it is quite silly ;>

10+ Year Old Account

It's.... Something I need to have. Thats around 600-700str from only one weapon, weehee.
    On a side note:
    Quote Originally Posted by zox
    almost 320 stamina on 1 weapon... that's pretty sick for a tank...
    You sir, have completely mis-understood the usage of this item.

Dumb question here... but does the proc get affected by spell power?
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    It will be cataclysmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by londrieved
    I believe floating cities are exempt from Cataclysimication
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

brb fapping
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    All this excitement over pixels with a bit higher stats. Although I admit I used to react the same in the past, it is quite silly ;>
    What's even sillier is that you make such a sanctimonious comment on a WoW forum, and not only alienate yourself from the majority of the readers here, but also make yourself look very young and foolish.