... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Shadowmourne

Quote Originally Posted by B1adebreaker
    FIRST!

[User was banned for this post]
    i lol'd

wow, i wish the stats from the caster legendary were that nice. *sigh* unbelievable axe though, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Trork
    I don't think we are gonna see alot of those, i dont know how we are gonna get http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49888/shadows-edge/ to start with, probably wont be easy, and after that, the quest to turn it into shadowmourne, will be pretty tuff.
    It's clear that it is going to be not easy, however there are some good Guilds which can help all their members to get this axe.
    I think Blizz will invent something that the materials for the Shadowmourne creation will be very limited of something like that...

Sick socket bonus btw 8)

15+ Year Old Account

Woah! 733 strength, if proc is right, with 3x34str gems.

S8 will be NO fun.

i dont think many people can get their hands on this axe.
    at least not during wotlk.
    please correct me if i am wrong, but :
    2-3 weeks for clearing first quarter on 25 normal ( if you can do it with 5 tries a week which is kind of hard to do)
    2-3 weeks for second quarter and another 2-3 weeks for thirs quarter cause they open em not all the same time.
    then you have to beat arthas 25 normal.
    after that get to arthas 25 heroic with the same limited amounts of tries and before that you have to beat the 3 quarter bosses on 25 heroic.
    if you beat arthas an item droppes which starts the legendary questline that you may just fullfill if you a: got a guild spending their frost emblems on primordial saronite or whats it called, b: you dont improve your gear at all apart from drops.
    in my honest opionion the time when the world first shadowmourne occurs will be april/may 2010.

apart from that the stats sure are amazing and i so want to respecc retri for it but since i am the best geared tank of my guild i cant really afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowreh
    i dont think many people can get their hands on this axe.
    at least not during wotlk.
    please correct me if i am wrong, but :
    2-3 weeks for clearing first quarter on 25 normal ( if you can do it with 5 tries a week which is kind of hard to do)
    2-3 weeks for second quarter and another 2-3 weeks for thirs quarter cause they open em not all the same time.
    then you have to beat arthas 25 normal.
    after that get to arthas 25 heroic with the same limited amounts of tries and before that you have to beat the 3 quarter bosses on 25 heroic.
    if you beat arthas an item droppes which starts the legendary questline that you may just fullfill if you a: got a guild spending their frost emblems on primordial saronite or whats it called, b: you dont improve your gear at all apart from drops.
    in my honest opionion the time when the world first shadowmourne occurs will be april/may 2010.

apart from that the stats sure are amazing and i so want to respecc retri for it but since i am the best geared tank of my guild i cant really afford that.
    The likelihood is actually 1 wing per week, meaning it's released over the course of a month.

Meaning within a month, maybe a month and a week, the first guilds will be killing Arthas. You only need normal mode remember.

A guild that clears like that, well let's look at a math guesswork.

Week 1: 4 bosses. 25 + 10 man makes 16 badges.
    Week 2: Next 4 bosses. 32 badges this week, 48 total.
    Week 3: Next 4, 48 this week, 96 total.
    Week 4: Last wing, 54 badges this week, 150 total.

Now add on 2 Frost emblems per day for the heroic, thats an additional 56.

By the first Arthas kill, assuming a guild has kept up progression, they'll have 206 badges each. I think it won't be much of an issue Not to mention after they've done Arthas, They also get heroic runs each week as well.
    And if they release a new wing every 2 weeks instead of every week, you'll have TWICE as many badges when you get to Arthas.

(That's assuming each 25 man drops 2 badges each of course).

My guess is, the first one will be had within 2-4 weeks of the first Shadow's Edge acquisition.

I am going to say you will probably see about 5 per server, maybe a few more. I honestly can't wait till I rape someone who has it with a Shitty ICC epic weapon.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Woaw

for all the crying about warriors getting loads of legendarys.
    1st. warriors are based around their weapons a good weapon is a better upgrade than a new helm. not based around the spells they cast. the fact that warriors can use every weapon (other than wands) is merely showing their versatility and adaptability
    to use the best weapons available at the time.

2nd. this is a focused legendary, none of the TF and Sulf resistance (wasted ilvl) . no agility which has appeared on alot of the so called ''warrior oranges''--yeah great stat for them. and strength, stats that are only chased by warriors dk and paladins. Casters need to stop complaining you have been promised the next legendary weapon.

3rd. this is blizzard showing us that they know what people want from the game and from a legendary weapon. The problem with old legendarys (excusing for atiesh) they catered for multiple class that wanted different stats. This time because classes are better grouped for stat requirement, the final product is far more refined. The target is to make the best weapon in game - everyone is drooling over this--- goal achieved . GJ Blizzard

4th. For those people crying about it appearing in arena - it will be MONTHS before anyone has 1 of these during the next arena season, unless you plan on slacking off for the first half of the season u wont be seeing them. And not every team will have them, they will be a rare site, your not going to face off against someone with it every single match. and if you'd rather blame a loss on ''oh but they had a shadowmourne QQ'' rather than blaming your own incompetence then cry about in the arena forums.

You know for a stat they have already nerfed and are planning to eventually get rid of, why the hell is Armor Pen on this weapon?

Holy shiet, 350 dps and 300str on 1 item, that thing will hurt.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Where is my MAGE ONLY Legendary Weapon. Gief a godamn caster legendary with such power.

Quote Originally Posted by Salaction
    Where is my MAGE ONLY Legendary Weapon. Gief a godamn caster legendary with such power.
    You have range, stop complaining lol
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Hmmmm....time to start gathering PVP and PVE retri gear :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Behind you yelling: "WHY SO SERIOUS, SON?"

Clearly a Hunter-weapon...
    Skoddraei, Draenei Shaman, Quel'Thalas-EU

theres absolutely no possible way anyone can have this in a month. its 3-4 weeks in between each wing release on reg. Assuming that guilds clear each final wing boss within 5 attempts, and each wing is released in 3 week intervals it will take at minimum 10 weeks to clear arthas. if shadows edge is obtained on the first clear you will then have to wait another week to start the questline. and again the wing bosses must be cleared in 5 attempts or fewer.

im guessing it will be 3-4 months before the top guilds will even have a chance at getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    The likelihood is actually 1 wing per week, meaning it's released over the course of a month.

Meaning within a month, maybe a month and a week, the first guilds will be killing Arthas. You only need normal mode remember.

A guild that clears like that, well let's look at a math guesswork.

Week 1: 4 bosses. 25 + 10 man makes 16 badges.
    Week 2: Next 4 bosses. 32 badges this week, 48 total.
    Week 3: Next 4, 48 this week, 96 total.
    Week 4: Last wing, 54 badges this week, 150 total.

Now add on 2 Frost emblems per day for the heroic, thats an additional 56.

By the first Arthas kill, assuming a guild has kept up progression, they'll have 206 badges each. I think it won't be much of an issue Not to mention after they've done Arthas, They also get heroic runs each week as well.
    And if they release a new wing every 2 weeks instead of every week, you'll have TWICE as many badges when you get to Arthas.

(That's assuming each 25 man drops 2 badges each of course).

My guess is, the first one will be had within 2-4 weeks of the first Shadow's Edge acquisition.
    the blue post said after several weeks, a new wing will be released.

So no, guilds wont reach arthas in 1 month.

and on-topic: it's just an item, okay, legendary status, but still, all those nerdgasms lol

If my calculations are accurate, we will see the first Cataclysm event patch in late April/early May leaving Cataclysm open for summer release (damn Activision knows how to hook everyone, all the kiddies are going to play Cat all summer).
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

The stats of that axe are pretty unbelievable. First off it has 344.1 dps that's nuts... Second off 3 red sockets with a bonus of 8 str so that's an extra 68 str you can socket in it. Then to top it all off you can get theoretically 40x10 more strength from the stacking. That is really op in this form. But then again I guess that's why it is legendary in the first place.