Thread: Shadowmourne

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Shadowmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Collected
    Yup.. I think patch next week or the week after that.
    Bet on mid December

Quote Originally Posted by Asur
    Bet on mid December
    I'd say early or mid December too. I'd be *shocked* if they release on US Thanksgiving week. Their largest customer base would be whittled away by travel and family obligations and support workers would be very upset at having a high volume week at holiday time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefates
    Awesome wep, amazing stats.

Quick question: Why do people think the Val'anyr sucks? Because of the stats?
    Isn't the true value of the mace the proc, which will scale with your gear as it gets better and better...I mean even if the stats on it are one day "green" the proc will continue to scale with the stats on the rest of your gear; 15% is 15%.
    Maybe I'm wrong...?
    You are. Biggest stat gains come from our weapon. Also, there are procs from ICC weapons that are arguably better (at least for healers other than paladins).

I can't believe you're still using that "it's legendary because of the proc hurr durr" excuse after seeing Shadowmourne's stats. No way is the proc the only thing legendary about that axe.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

3x34 strenght, thats a total of 333strenght = 666 AP. This axe is evil!
    When in doubt, Heroic Leap!

so why can't an enhance shaman get that? i know str isn't a great for a shaman but still..

Deleted

Fugly but strong.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato
    I can't believe you're still using that "it's legendary because of the proc hurr durr" excuse after seeing Shadowmourne's stats. No way is the proc the only thing legendary about that axe.
    Well it depends on what you mean. The dmg proc from the collecting of 10 shards, or the str increase from each shard? The AoE dmg isn't anything to go crazy about. The str stacking part of each shard, however, is fucking amazing. THAT IS what makes this weapon amazing. There will be weapons with 3 sockets, and there will be weapons close to its dps. The only thing is, those weapons might not have optimal sockets to get the socket bonus with 2 red gems, but thats only a difference of +8 str bonus, not a big deal. But not a single one of those weapons will have a proc that gains you a chance for +40 str everytime you dmg something. Stacking until the modest AoE dmg happens.

In that case, it definately is the proc that makes this weapon legendary.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hawtgirlcoww
    so why can't an enhance shaman get that? i know str isn't a great for a shaman but still..
    because Blizz said so. It's not hard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hawtgirlcoww
    Str is terrible for enhance and 2-handers are even worse... lol. No raiding enhance would use that over 2x 271 hard mode 1handers.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    Why not? Why isn't it any good for DK tanks? esp. gemed with stam or defense? Oh, because you want it and feel entitled to it, thats right.

What other game listens to its whiners this much really? WotF, nerf because arena 'locks are babies. LoH, changed because of BG pvp whiners. And what other game allows twinking? Blizz just seem like a bunch of push overs.
    For the first question, it's because it's because it's obviously a dps weapon, or at the very least, for the dk spec that favors armor pen. Besides, this will most often be gotten by guilds who either distribute loot in a fair or balanced manner, or if they use dkp any argument would be invalid anyway.

To the second question, Blizz knows, and has known for a long time, that whiny people whine and this is not particular to any class. It's when people who don't normally whine speak up that they stop and listen. Above all else, they look at the real numbers of who's using what, so your opinions and perspectives mean little.

If it cleaves you, it kills one of your alts...

Seriously though, anyone who thinks this weapon is at all balanced vs. Val'anyr (especially Val'anyr when it was released) has never played a healer. It's as if Blizzard is terrified of unbalancing healing or tanking even slightly, but has no problem handing out goodies to DPS. Shadowmourne is at least a tier higher than anything else in Icecrown, probably more.

To the people saying this won't have a big PvP impact because few will get it, I'd like to remind you that the same thing was said about Warglaives. Toward the end of TBC it was not uncommon to see two or three Rogues DWing Warglaives in the same BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Well it depends on what you mean. The dmg proc from the collecting of 10 shards, or the str increase from each shard? The AoE dmg isn't anything to go crazy about. The str stacking part of each shard, however, is fucking amazing. THAT IS what makes this weapon amazing. There will be weapons with 3 sockets, and there will be weapons close to its dps. The only thing is, those weapons might not have optimal sockets to get the socket bonus with 2 red gems, but thats only a difference of +8 str bonus, not a big deal. But not a single one of those weapons will have a proc that gains you a chance for +40 str everytime you dmg something. Stacking until the modest AoE dmg happens.

In that case, it definately is the proc that makes this weapon legendary.
    ilvl is higher than anything in ICC. Pretty sure ilvl doesn't calculate procs.

Much like hunters were top dps in BC, Death Knights and Warriors will be top for WOTLK, but more likely Blood DK's. Aamazing, amazing weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx
    source? don't post what you don't know =p
    I need no source, I am going on the progression of each expansion thus far. The WoW devs have taught me much over the last 5 years.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Amazing weapon that is!
    Rorre the erroR

15+ Year Old Account

ilvl is higher than anything in ICC. Pretty sure ilvl doesn't calculate procs.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at? If you were to remove the str stacking of shards and the extra AoE dmg from this weapon.....it would be just a badass weapon, not a legendary weapon. It would be Shadow's Edge with 3 sockets, thats what it would be. A fantastic epic weapon, but not Legendary.

I'm not sure what you're getting at? If you were to remove the str stacking of shards and the extra AoE dmg from this weapon.....it would be just a badass weapon, not a legendary weapon. It would be Shadow's Edge with 3 sockets, thats what it would be. A fantastic epic weapon, but not Legendary.
    Val'anyr without the proc is an epic or even sub-par weapon. Val'anyr with the proc is a glorified epic.

Shadowmourne without the proc is an amazing weapon. Shadowmourne with the proc is an amazing legendary.

The important thing is you can vendor it for 50g. Wow !
    Ret Paladin.
    . [

15+ Year Old Account

Val'anyr without the proc is an epic or even sub-par weapon. Val'anyr with the proc is a glorified epic.

Shadowmourne without the proc is an amazing weapon. Shadowmourne with the proc is an amazing legendary.
    Exactly, its the proc that makes it legendary. With out the proc Shadowmourne is Shadow's Edge, essentially.

It sucks that Val'anyr isn't on par, but it doesn't change the fact that the procs are what makes Legendaries.

Exactly, its the proc that makes it legendary. With out the proc Shadowmourne is Shadow's Edge, essentially.
    And the fact that it's got 50 more dps, which is insane. From a 1200 top end to 1500? nom nom nom