Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft Turns 5, Warcraft Turns 15

Full image put together. All the faction leaders from both sides. Poor gnomes and trolls get the shaft again, hidden in the shadows.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2789/bgfull.jpg

Happy Birthday you old geezer. Keep it up.

Ive completely missed the questline Chris Metzen is talking about. I just have to do it. Whats the startquest and where do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by boriz
    Happy Birthday you old geezer. Keep it up.

Ive completely missed the questline Chris Metzen is talking about. I just have to do it. Whats the startquest and where do you get it?
    I haven't watched the video yet because I'm at work but I saw somebody mention Crusader Bridenbrad earlier so I assume that's what you're referring to.

A Tale of Valor http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=13068 is the first part of the chain.

To unlock it you have to establish Crusader Pinnacle which itself requires first doing some quest from the Argent Vanguard and Father Gustav located a bit outside Argent Vanguard itself.

Cerabret100

Warcraft II was my first real PC game that i was serious about back when i was like 10.

My saddest memory of early gaming was never getting it back after my mom sent our pc (she spilled coke on) in to get repaired, and never getting the computer back

R.I.P my copy of Warcart II :'(

hey first of all I want to gratulate bizzard for the 5th birthday you are awesome^^

and now i want to write an answer to dejna encores post...you are so right with your point of view while i was reading your post i felt vendicated in everything you wrote about vanilla raiding and yes its true it was an already an epic feeling to only join a well organised raidguild me too played the whole content from the old vanilla group instances trough all the raidinstances and yes i am also feeling very adicted to these old times because it was hard and exhausting to step forward in the content and whenever i recived an epic item it was like cristmas and brithday together because like you wrote one or rarely two items a month was much in those days i still remember the yelling and shouting and happieness in the ts when sulfuras smashed on the ground the first time it was a sooo overwelming feeling after i belive 5-7 months of raiding on mc i dont remember the exact time wich we spent but that comes close to the truth and when our first maintank got his thunderfury (legendary tank weapon out of mc and bwl for those who never had the chance to play the old wow) we have been so proud of our selfes its really hard to discribe that but you can say that the more time you spend on a task to forfill it the happier you are when you finally solve it

and in the end i want to post the very first vid which was made of a ragnaros kill some of you probably know it well it was the first vid of wow i have ever seen 4years ago but when i watched it some days ago all these feelings came back i have written some answers under the comments (name: fericcan) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsXs5N0uBDU

again happy birthday blizz other gamesdeveloper might be not happy when i say that you created the greatest game i have ever played world of warcraft is and will stay in our mind and hearts...

greetz Aûstîn

Played WoW since day 1 and have loved it ever since.

Also played Warcraft 3 since day 1 and still play it (No, Not DOTA).

Looking forward to the future of Warcraft and other Blizzard products like SC2!

Man...as others have stated this makes me feel old. I distinctly remember picking up the Original Warcraft when it first hit the shelves. Been a Blizzard fan ever since too, even thought they do piss me off from time to time, they're a monster of a gaming company and I can't wait to see what they've in store for future games.

10+ Year Old Account

Happy birthday Warcraft!

Hope I find my old Warcraft I in CD box, let's rememer the good ol' times as 8 years old kid yay

Happy birthday Warcraft! Here's to fifteen more!
    Culto, the goblin undead warlock!
    Fuck it. I'm not waiting that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulkariya
    The developer comments are fantastic.

That being said, listening to them reminisce and discuss their raiding experience, and the swells of pride when they first downed the difficult content, it made me a little sad that I have not yet had that experience. I am late to the game, having only tanked through SSC in BC before WotLK dropped, and having cleared all of the content up to 25 ToGC (still workin on Anub), I just wish there were something epic feeling I could experience first hand.

I know, the whole Casual vs Elite argument is always harsh, and it is not my intention to derail discussion, but it is a little disheartening knowing there is a chance I will never have the feeling of pride they received from downing Onyxia, or banging their heads against Molten Core only to finally defeat Ragnaros and the feelings of pride and camaraderie amongst Guild Mates.

That being said, happy birthday Warcraft!
    I agree, i can't imagine doing all that with that kind of gear they got, and being at lvl 60, that must of been such a relief downing those bosses. but i think wow has changed their views, with the lfg thing its good for pugs, but it takes away the social part and becoming a guild in WoW, or running stuff with friends. i remember playing Vanilla wow but i didn't make it that far in the game because of my gateway laptop(never buy a gateway, or do they even exist?), but back then, people were more friendly and actually talk during a raid.

i miss the old wow :\

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo
    i've been playing warcraft for 15 years now? -_- jeez i feel myself old..

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Weedgasm
    but back then, people were more friendly and actually talk during a raid.

i miss the old wow :\
    I dunno about you, but I've never found a guild of people I like and have fun with more than my current guild.

We're not hardcore at all though, we tried out ToGC 10 this weekend, went terrible due to a lack of dps, but when we were about to wipe, instead of just giving up and complaining, someone would yell out "I GOTS THIS!" and taunt one of the worms or pop evasion for laughs.

There's still friendly people out there, at least in the casual guilds. XD

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I gonna play with the originaly, first Warcraft RTS game, just to rememebr for my old days !
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Wallpaper for the hordies in here using the mini site background

I'm amazed that it has already been 15 years since the Warcraft franchise started. I remember being 3 years old fiddling around with Warcraft 1 when it was released with my dad over my shoulder telling me what to do.

This gaming franchise has been a part of almost all of my life and has provided me with more entertainment than anything else. Keep up the amazing work blizzard.

Deleted

Gz blizz!

I gotta admit that my favorite moment raiding was back in TBC, downing Kael'Thas... guild I was in was struggling with Kael and I had a feeling we will disband because all of the wipes (Vashj and Kael were, as we all remember, guild breakers) and many ppl leaving us... we downed him with few recruits who didn't have the gear for the fight. Later on we took MH and BT and it wasn't as hard as Kael.

As of my favorite zone in wow - Ashenvale. I know many ppl don't like the zone because it's really large and hard to quest in it without a mount but I always loved the NE lore and found zone really great... and the music there, wow! so enchanting in a way and almost a bit scary

Yep, feeling old too here. I was 15 when Warcraft 1 came to be, I just got my pc and it was one of the first games I got after Dune 2. I had a hacked copy sadly as the original game, just wasn't available here (as were most games at that point in time). But I really loved playing it. I remember then seeing the first images of Warcraft 2 and going ape at the SVGA graphics of the game. I told my palls back then that it would be an awesome game and I wasn't proven wrong. Warcraft 3 comming out while we were still playing Starcraft really hurt my education though, I'm sure of it.

When WoW was announced, me and my friends went to explore the MMO thingy by playing Horizons. We tried it, had a chat and concluded our social lives were doomed. We weren't proven wrong.

Now, 5 and 15 years later. I'm still hooked.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

15+ Year Old Account

Techincally the Warcraft series is already 15.. Warcraft: Orcs and Humans came out in Jan 1994...

gz blizz.

The interview on the website where awesome, you need to check it out!

Surv for replenish in 10man
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Bks
    http://meight.webb.se/ mEIGHT of Talnivarr-EU, 10man raiding guild.

I love how none of the memories were from TBC lolz.