Thread: Frostwyrms :(

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Frostwyrms :(

Quote Originally Posted by Eivi
    You obviously didn't read much past your own sea of red rage if you really think that's what I said. He said gladiator was limited to certain classes and that he had to reroll in order to achieve it. I said no, you can get gladiator as any class and most combos simply by not being bad.

Clear?

I'm also entertained that the best refute you can afford is "You sir are an idiot", you may as well just have said that you disagree with me but don't actually have a reason why.
    I called you an idiot and showed you why... what are you missing?

He had 2 or 3 main points in his post.
    1)Frostwyrms have nothing to do w/ pvp lore.
    2)Arena is broken
    3)Bliz ruins pve w/ all the pvp balancing

You chose part of one, and instead of countering with logical reasons why he was wrong, your only reason was: "I did it, so you and everyone else complaining must be a bad player."

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Btothaloody
    A bunch of horrible players that say PvP is easy/imbalanced/FOTM dependant/etc.
    I wouldn't say it's easy, but it's definitely imbalanced, FOTM dependent, and wreaks havoc on pve due to blizz attempting to balance pvp.

Seen many DK's in top teams these days? They were FOTM till Bliz nerfed them to the ground all the while causing every DK pve'er to completely change their spec, rotation, and gear due to the pvp balancing nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    Seeing them flying all over the place will be sad, right now they are SUPER rare and only the absolute cream of the crop 0.5% of the best players in this entire game get them. Having Joe Blow raider flying around on them will trivialize there "coolness". Cant anything stay rare anymore
    why the hell does a pvp player need a fast flying mount anyways? cannot be used in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    I wouldn't say it's easy, but it's definitely imbalanced, FOTM dependent, and wreaks havoc on pve due to blizz attempting to balance pvp.

Seen many DK's in top teams these days? They were FOTM till Bliz nerfed them to the ground all the while causing every DK pve'er to completely change their spec, rotation, and gear due to the pvp balancing nerfs.
    To be fair: Umm, no. Currently DPS DKs and Tank DKs are just fine in all three specs. All three specs are viable and very close to one another in DPS and tanking ability.

Call it a happy coincidence that DKs needed PvE and PvP nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelias
    Call it a happy coincidence that DKs needed PvE and PvP nerfs.
    That's pretty accurate. DK's did need PvE nerfs as well. But that doesn't detract from the fact that a LOT of the nerfs were for pvp reasons which forced PvE DK's to do silly things like using Oblit rather than Scourge Strike.. doh

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    I called you an idiot and showed you why... what are you missing?

He had 2 or 3 main points in his post.
    1)Frostwyrms have nothing to do w/ pvp lore.
    2)Arena is broken
    3)Bliz ruins pve w/ all the pvp balancing

You chose part of one, and instead of countering with logical reasons why he was wrong, your only reason was: "I did it, so you and everyone else complaining must be a bad player."

I like this guy. He speaks the truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldun
    Its the Fresh Cum from the argent tournament daily. It spawns a shark in any swimmable water.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nartalath
    I was hoping for an undead proto-drake. Even drew one so Blizz could see how awesome it'd be!

Of course, there'd be blue-y gas coming out of the chest cavity and the mouth.
    i would like that mount more then a frostwyrm

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    Why does pve'ers hate pvp and arena? nobody forces you to play arena, or even pvp.

If u dont like pvp go to a pve realm and avoid it, if not.. stop QQ about it.
    why do pvp'ers hate on pve'ers?

Quote Originally Posted by chrion
    Alot of people that only raid and stink in arena feel the same way, its understandable. I raid heroics and arena over 2k so I see things differently. Arena and pvp in general has grown immensely and now its a huge part of the game, your idea of pvp sounds pre-bc ish. Thats fine I dont want this to just be another pvp vs pve forum argument, the fact that the top MLG pro wow arena players are the best players in this game is a fact, not an opinion, but there are some great raid players of course, the players in vodka are amazing for example. I just want the wyrm to be rare and stay that way, we already have 90% of every server loaded with identicle twin clones all wearing the same exact tier set, no one is progressing on different tiers anymore, its all skip to the top tier, and it would be nice if some things could remain super rare and special.
    Welcome to WoTLK, nothing is rare here friend, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Siton
    That's the fkin most selfish thing i've heard, so according to you there should be no PvP because the talents has to be adjusted after PvPers?

Go QQ somewhere else, cause this is just pathetic.
    http://www.wow.com/2009/11/13/blizza...ere-a-mistake/

Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquateen420
    A people saying PvE is harder than PvP.

you are fighting a scripted boss that does the same abilities over and over again. It is easy to find 24 idiots and farm an instance.

PvP you are fighting people with reaction times and intelligence. They have beat classes like you thousands of times and generally know how to beat you, you have to counter that and kill them.

PvP takes skill.

PvE is mindless boring content.
    poeple beat bosses thousands of times over so blizzard buffs then, blizzard also buffs classes, nerf classes, nerfs bosses

pvp is easy, just get one of the preset comps and lawlsteamroll

pve takes dedication, a right mind set, and sometimes ability to cope with stress
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitingisfun
    Hallo huter . good is 2 now ther is hunter woh playd till vanilla . i haved warr 2 but i was bored lol . i aso reed alot moore much forums but i writ so dab enlish i caus breein dmg to peoplol i beter just reed an wathcs i no writ point less posts an topics but mein ting is that peopl under tsand wat u writ .
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    It's like reading a slowly evolving train wreck.

It has allways been my opinion that pvp shoudnt reward mounts anyways, but something like a tabard whish could teleport you to the arenas and merchants... In my little private bobble world, that would make much more sence... 0o
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrus
    why the hell does a pvp player need a fast flying mount anyways? cannot be used in arenas.
    When was the last time you slayed a dragon on your flying mount bud?
    I've never gotten much kick out of beating something that was designed to be beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto
    why do pvp'ers hate on pve'ers?
    PvP'ers doesn't hate all PvE'ers, but only those who thinks that PvP is easy/broken/stupid ect because they cannot perform well (and vise versa).

As for this cool mount i will say this :

Those cool rewards are status rewards and they are given to those players who are the best. The game has 2 aspects PvP and PvE and both of them have levels of difficulty, their highest lvl is very hard (arenas above 2000rating because the competition is too high and skill-reflexes-focus-team work must be the very best, and high end raids because it needs team work from 25 ppl and even 1 mistake from one of the 25 can be a fail).

Many ppl are complaining that is so easy to have epic gear these days, but the best of the best receive those cool rewards so everybody will know that they are rly the best.

So its fair both for PvP and PvE to have a frostwyrm.

PS. The best of the best are those who perform well to both (although they don't have RL i think hehe :P).

End of Story . -

15+ Year Old Account

Frostwyrm belong in Icecrown, kinda make sense. So.... how much do Icecrown correlate to PvE vs PvP?
    100% PvE - 0% PvP
    Arenappl can have whatever they like but sure as hell no monopoly on a mount that only fits for PvE.
    PvP should if strict never have a frostwyrm via PvP.

Grats to all fotm classes and RMP as well for the mount, you who only gets it as usual anyway

PvP'ers doesn't hate all PvE'ers, but only those who thinks that PvP is easy/broken/stupid ect because they cannot perform well (and vise versa).
    When even BLZ says arena was a misstake it pretty much means its in a permanent state of being just that, broken
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

As for the fotm stuff, any class can get gladiator. Every class has a fotm combo. Stop blaming everything but yourself. when it is yourself that is the problem.
    Yea the constant same as top really show that shadowpriest, warlock (just to grab an example) have it as easy as the real fotms
    Fotm change tho, who knows, maybe SP will be viable again.

Anyway, the frostwyrm is like THE mount for pve in Wrath, on the other hand it got nothing at all to do with PvP, less alone arena. Gladiators can get whatever but for a gladiator to think that a frostwyrm should be resrved for them is plain retarded.

It will be rare like hell for months, first the World First guilds will get it, slowly the average server will get one single guild with it and maybe 2.5+ monts after that it will be a fairly common view (which of 20% are bought by a raidspot for gold).
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eivi
    What it has to do with arenas is that getting gladiator is moderately difficult, whereas pve is a joke. If you wanted to preserve the rarity of a given mount, why would you tack it onto what is effectively a 310% mount vendor?
    I lol'd

My priest in 1/2 hateful 1/2 deadly says Hi.

You do realize that the PvP frostwyrms are guaranteed to be given out at the end of a season. Nothing can stop them be being released.

PvE Frostwyrms have some hard challenges that have to be satisified to be earned.

I love that most of the PvPers in here, prolly don't have many, if any of the hard mode ToGC or Ulduar achievements completed, but want to claim that PvE content is easy. Just saying. No really, if it's so easy, link us your armories showing you have Iron bounds completed, and that you have Algalon 25 completed. Also show us how far into ToGC25 you are. I'd really like to know.

Most, but not all, of us aren't saying your PvP is easy, tough luck get over it; your precious frostwyrms aren't yours alone anymore. QQ more though, it amuses us greatly.

Oh and one more thing, if PvE is SOOO easy, why don't you get your new frostwyrm via PvE content instead of PvPing, since it'll happen a lot faster, since you claim the content is that easy and all you care about is the mounts in the end.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pao

As for this cool mount i will say this :

Those cool rewards are status rewards and they are given to those players who are the best. The game has 2 aspects PvP and PvE and both of them have levels of difficulty, their highest lvl is very hard (arenas above 2000rating because the competition is too high and skill-reflexes-focus-team work must be the very best, and high end raids because it needs team work from 25 ppl and even 1 mistake from one of the 25 can be a fail).

Many ppl are complaining that is so easy to have epic gear these days, but the best of the best receive those cool rewards so everybody will know that they are rly the best.

So its fair both for PvP and PvE to have a frostwyrm.

PS. The best of the best are those who perform well to both (although they don't have RL i think hehe :P).

End of Story . -
    Exactly this

High end PvE and PvP are both very difficult and both aspects deserves the same cool rewards.

I only play PvE since I don't like arena therefor I suck ass at it, but I know some very good PvP'ers that don't raid and all I can say is that they deserve these mounts as much as PvE'ers do.

You would be supriced about how much time and effort most serious PvP'ers spend to get to the top.