IceHowls stun and sw:p

If you hard refresh sw during Icehowls stun phase does it lock in the +x% damage for the duration on the fight as long as you don't let it fall off and only soft refresh?

Re: IceHowls stun and sw:p

The debuff just gives a flat increase to any damage Icehowl takes. You won't get any benefit from rolling a SWP put on him when stunned compared to otherwise. Kinda like a bleed effect on a target that has the mangle debuff fall off of it mid-bleed. The ticks of the bleed that hit while mangle is up will do 30% more damage, but after it falls off they do normal damage.

% damage buffs on YOURSELF will last as you reapply SW:P, such as shadowweaving and thaddius charges. Debuffs on a boss it doesnt matter however.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    % damage buffs on YOURSELF will last as you reapply SW:P, such as shadowweaving and thaddius charges. Debuffs on a boss it doesnt matter however.
    thats not true at all. totem of wrath is a debuff, and so is scorch, curse of elements? theres lots of debuffs that affect SWP

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    thats not true at all. totem of wrath is a debuff, and so is scorch, curse of elements? theres lots of debuffs that affect SWP
    a self debuff by the boss will not continue to affect the dots damage after the debuff is finshed. Class debuffs is a different story tbh >.>
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaria
    a self debuff by the boss will not continue to affect the dots damage after the debuff is finshed. Class debuffs is a different story tbh >.>
    Has it been tested? Please provide a source since I haven't been able to find one. If it hasn't been tested, then any answers without links are not creditable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Has it been tested? Please provide a source since I haven't been able to find one. If it hasn't been tested, then any answers without links are not creditable.
    This is a forum on the internet filled with more opinions and simulated facts than British parliament. NO one is credible. All you can and will end up doing is accept which ever post supports what ever you were hoping to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    *points at quote*
    In before "The EJ Guy".

I believe that talented buffs will have an effect based on the first tick, but debuffs on mobs/enemies won't continue to affect damage after said debuff is removed.

The only ones that will get full benefit are spells that deal damage, then a % of that damage over X seconds, such as Righteous Vengeance. Others will deal the increased damage only while the +damage debuff is on the boss (in this instance, the debuff is the stun).
    The problem with this, Chronalis, is that Shadow Word: Pain has been shown to work quite differently due to the half-assed encoding on the refresh mechanic.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by savethetunas
    If you hard refresh sw during Icehowls stun phase does it lock in the +x% damage for the duration on the fight as long as you don't let it fall off and only soft refresh?
    short answer , no it will not hold the increased amount from the stun for the duration of the fight. In fact refreshing your Dots during his stun is a bad idea all together because that time is better spent using Mind Blast on cooldown. Using Flay and even SWDeath are your best bets.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple