Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: "All you can do is fear"

Fear em then kill em.

They'll always have an excuse as to why it "wasn't a fair fight."
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

if someone ask me "do not fear" is a good reason to use it.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

QQ is always old, and everyone QQs about everything from what titles people are using to the game being too easy to anything in between.

I just start to tune it out after awhile. If they don't wanna be feared, don't duel a lock. Plain and simple.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman
    "If you can use it in arena, you can use it in a duel."
    That's how I like to do my duels. I've never had a problem with a paladin using bubble... it's their thing. ROGUE HOW DARE YOU USE STEALTH IN A DUEL. lol
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

I have had this many times, "Lol Fear spammer" "you can only win with Fear" A lock without fear is like a rogue without stealth. Some people just dont like losing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I decided to make an alt lock just to pass some time and was dueling all the way up to level 8 without complaining if I lost (I had no fear)

Upon hitting level 8 on the lock I get access to fear so I duel level 10s (some decked in BOA gear) and all I got after the duels was "F Fear" "LOLFEARGG" "dont use fear loser" etc etc

LEVEL 8 FFS

Although it was fun ripping on those in full BOA being fear kited to death only to have them nerdrage over how good their main is and how I apparently have no level 80 (I have 4 decked in 245 and I'm the definition of CASUAL)

Sucks to be them.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    "All you do is fear you pussy ass bitch. Fight" - Rogue.
    Pop CoS or trinket and you can go back to rapeing me - warlock

This reminds me of "You can't drop you totems!!!!!1!!"
    Ok please unclick your fort/wild/might/arcane int etc...

I can understand asking someone to click off non-self buffs. Asking someone not to use one of their core class skills? Stupid.

"All you can do is ______"
    well it happens to a lot of people...
    "All you can do is bladestormin"
    "All you can do is bubble"
    "All you can do is cyclone"
    "All you can do is pop wolves"
    "All you can do is frost nova"
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

The only thing with duels I think is lame is using heal pots.

Paladins have it the same. Use one of your abilities in a duel that is the only reason you win.

A mage tried to ice block with his images and elemental up to finish a duel.. so I just bubble and wait and he complains about that too >_>;...

Don't listen to the complainers. classes have their abilities for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by diox990
    "All you can do is ______"
    well it happens to a lot of people...
    "All you can do is bladestormin"
    "All you can do is bubble"
    "All you can do is cyclone"
    "All you can do is pop wolves"
    "All you can do is frost nova"
    I misread that as "All you can do is poop wolves" :O

I have got complaint of using health stone in a duel against a paladin who used LoH and bubble..

As the one poster said, fear it insignificant to some classes, and game turning against others.

Easy fix ... don't duel.

Seriously ... they had so much trouble even balancing 2v2, the bracket only exists for kicks now ... 1v1 has never been and will never be balanced. Beating somebody in a duel doesn't prove your superiority unless you fighting a class that should own you and you come back to win, or you only fight people of your class specced the same way. Winning a duel flaunts blizzards class paper/rock/scissors balancing scheme, it doesn't demonstrate pvp ability.

In BG/Arenas on the other hand, use all the tools available to you. Yes fear sucks for some classes, that's why you need to roll with other people to cover each others weaknesses. If anything becomes to predominately overpowered, its Blizzards job to bring it in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Imdownhere
    Fear is so unbalanced. Completly awesome against some classes, and worthless against some...and UDs...
    this man speaks the truth...
    on my warrior, fears are a joke. I always stick to warlocks in the first place, so casting anything is already not too good, but when they fear, I can activate berserker rage when the cast is not even done. I'm completely fear immune.

on my holypaladin though I really, really hate fears. I can get out of sheeps and stuff in certain situations, I can go immune to silences and interrupts, and I can even stun a melee to get a holy light out, but warlocks are the biggest pain. I'm not saying nerf warlocks' fear, but whenever I loose against a warlock, it is because he casted fear three times at least, interrupting my heals. weather they are affl or destro, if they fear correctly, I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by moomin1987
    I decided to make an alt lock just to pass some time and was dueling all the way up to level 8 without complaining if I lost (I had no fear)

Upon hitting level 8 on the lock I get access to fear so I duel level 10s (some decked in BOA gear) and all I got after the duels was "F Fear" "LOLFEARGG" "dont use fear loser" etc etc

LEVEL 8 FFS

Although it was fun ripping on those in full BOA being fear kited to death only to have them nerdrage over how good their main is and how I apparently have no level 80 (I have 4 decked in 245 and I'm the definition of CASUAL)

Sucks to be them.
    at lvl 10, fear and sheep are RIDICULOUSLY overpowered. no joke. but hey the game is not balanced around lvl 10 is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke

at lvl 10, fear and sheep are RIDICULOUSLY overpowered. no joke. but hey the game is not balanced around lvl 10 is it?
    Nor is it based around 1v1 but people seem to forget that...

rofl, cant really understand that.

Sure Fear is WAY op, still. When i eat the fear i´m feared for 10 seconds, while the Warlock needs exactly two casts to kill me.
    Happily the cast times of the warlock are way beyond 5 seconds so i still can stand a chance...

But yeah you are right, no reason not to use it in a duel, cause when i manage to counterspell the WL´s fear i kill him myself in the 8 seconds downtime he has.

PvP and duelling would be interesting if burst stayed same but every clas gained 20k more life, so it wouldnt come down anymore to this: "I kill you withing 4 seconds or i die".

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    I misread that as "All you can do is poop wolves" :O
    lol i was going to edit because i misread too :P
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman
    "If you can use it in arena, you can use it in a duel."

It's like a paladins Bubble, but I dont use Lay on hands in duels because you can't use it in arena. Bubble is allowed imo, you can meet a pala in arena using a bubble, you can meet a warlock in arena using fear.
    Because the "rules" of a duel are set by what you do in arena, which even wasnt the first form of pvp introduced in WoW right?