Thread: Leveling PVP

Leveling PVP

Hey, currently leveling a priest and im at like level 16 or something, and was thinking about leveling in PVP, and have a few questions.

A) What spec and why?
    B) Is it worth leveling as pvp? Is it faster? Does it have its benefits like more xp and so forth?
    C) Should I just stop posting and go level shadow and come back and make intellegent threads when im 80 = profit?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Leveling PVP

First you don't even know your level, second no pvp is slow as hell, if you do level pvp you won't get that much of goodies at 80 because there is a honor cap of 65k I BELIEVE not sure though.

C would probably be what the majority of people on these forums want.

As for A, Discipline once you can get your Improved Power Word: Shield and your Meditation talents.

As for B, no, it's not 'worth' it, in the sense that leveling the traditional way is way faster.Of course, you can always do that in between BGs, as they tend to have pretty long queues in lower brackets.

But keep in mind that Priests become awesome to solo level once you hit 40. And by that, I mean really awesome.

its 75k honor and yeah pvp leveling is very slow

i tried lvling via pvp. if you win every game in under 10 - 15min then sure, its a about on par with questing. but alas that never happens. i find myself playing a full 30min wsg and getting 2k exp. no where near worth the time investment imo.

on the plus side, pvp is a nice change in pace from constant questing. i frequently do bgs just to take a break from the norm.

oh, and if u rly do want to pvp to lvl, go shadow to fight, holy to assist others. kinda obvious i suppose, but im just saying.

By the time you get to lv74-75, you're going to need to do an average of 30 AV's per level, assuming you win about 50-60% of them.

In my battlegroup, AV's take about 20 minutes, and queue is usually 5-10 minutes. FIgure a total of 30 minute per AV for a round number, and you're going to take 15 hours to level ONCE by PvPing.

I've been leveling my Druid by PvP, since I can use queue time to run off the massive amounts of Glyphs I sell. Otherwise, totally not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

probably just fastest to quest. but if its always nice to do some bg's while leveling
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

Awesome thanks.

Im even stupid to ask, I just got a bit intressted in it since a guy from the guild got "amazed" buy how fast he dinged levels from it. Think he did 36-37 in like.. 5 hours or something.

But ill see how it goes, ill level to 40 with shadow atleast and then get dual specc and ill see how it goes from there :P

If you win every game, it still litteraly takes twice the time to level in bg's then questing.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

I wouldnt level with pvp, if you want to quest go shadow. Or if you want to level as a holy/disc priest then i suggest you level mostly by doing instances.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephonim
    Think he did 36-37 in like.. 5 hours or something.
    dude thats slow as hell..

Quote Originally Posted by Zephonim
    Hey, currently leveling a priest and im at like level 16 or something
    Stopped reading here.