Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easy way to kill Deathbringer Saurfang

Players in Korea found an easy way to kill Deathbringer Saurfang and I personally think it totally ruins the encounter

Please post this info on official forum, since I don't have account to post thread on U.S or EU forum.

1. Let Deathbringer cast Mark on a raid member
    2. Let him/her die and release spirit right away
    3. Battle rez the raid member
    4. Now no one has marks on your raid
    5. Repeat the process til Deathbringer dies
    6. Phat Lewt

Re: Easy way to kill Deathbringer Saurfang

So you should use 2-xx b-rezzez to.... beat a lousy easy boss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

mark does through battleress, kinda like sanity @ yogg

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    mark does through battleress, kinda like sanity @ yogg

It goes off when you release... I think

10+ Year Old Account

We killed deathbringer before he casted a 2nd mark :/ and only one person died due to blood beast
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by Naft

It goes off when you release... I think
    Yup that is correct. Hence the releasing before the Bres is the trick to this style of play. Not exactly useful for random 10-25 groups with low numbers of druids. But it could be something people would exploit in the hard mode versions later on.

Why bother dying? Its not like he is that hard anyways. Just keep the adds down before they reach people, and you should be fine aslong as your dps is good on him aswell. Got him down just before he cast the first mark in 10man, and on the forth mark or so in 25man.

Another easy way, dont let the Adds reach you, pew pew until 32%, then the 2-3 members with the mark get together 2 shamans spam chain heal, Hots, Blood lust more pew pew and loot.

:S Surfang is not hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by naim
    Why bother dying? Its not like he is that hard anyways. Just keep the adds down before they reach people, and you should be fine aslong as your dps is good on him aswell. Got him down just before he cast the first mark in 10man, and on the forth mark or so in 25man.
    You'd be surprised if you actually see every Korean players just PuG and clear ICC 25 in like hour and 30 mins

just downed that tonight(our raid night) we had 1 tank and 2 healers all of our dps was over 5k got the achievement for less than 3 marks ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    The lair is on the ground in the mountains.

Man you'd have to try hard to let that person die, in all of our 10 mans and in our 25 he was below 20% when he got off the first mark. That's not enough time for that person to die, even without healing.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    We killed deathbringer before he casted a 2nd mark :/ and only one person died due to blood beast
    You missed the point of the tactics.

You don't "die" from blood beasts, they hit for nothing.
    and marks aren't on a timer.

Two things.

On normal, yes that's a viable tactic because it only heals him for 5% if someone dies, so it's a way to beat the enrage timer if your dps sucks.

But really you wouldn't have made it that far, because Saurfang probably the easiest boss of the four in the wing.

On heroic, try and find me a guild willing to do that and let Saurfang heal himself for 20%. The differences in value imply that Blizzard is well aware of this, so they make much Mark less forgiving on heroic, and just a love tap on normal.

And honestly, how many druids do you expect to have? Pugs you can't control group make up as well, though it becomes an option, and for organized raiding, if you have to min/max your class setup just to work around Mark on Normal ICC then you have a lot more issues then just not being able to clear Saurfang.

10+ Year Old Account

All these people saying he isnt hard.........

On 10man yes he is very very very very easy

25man is a completely different story he is very hard on 25man compared to 10man

Me and my guild must be doing him wrong, I didnt think he was easy and the fight lasted forever.

Gunships on the other hand are a joke, but a fun one.
    I'm going to do some real damage!

Quote Originally Posted by CptFatman
    All these people saying he isnt hard.........

On 10man yes he is very very very very easy

25man is a completely different story he is very hard on 25man compared to 10man
    Sorry what... maybe if your guild is full of morons in blues he might be a tiny bit hard...

we wiped more on him in 10 man as in 25 man version...

we tryed 3 heals 1 tank in 10 man and we couldn't bring him down. endless fight and then soft enrage.
    later we just exchanged one heal with dmg and killed him in the second try...
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Got the 10-man achievement for killing him before he cast three marks; he managed to cast one, as people were competent, followed tactics and didn't mess up.

Haven't tried 25-man, though one of our tanks for the night (an alt of a player that runs a 25-man raid group) said it was only very slightly more difficult, due to the extra flesh beasts. He said three for ten man was making an already easy fight too simple.

It is a somewhat deceptive fight on 25 man, because if your group is getting a few marks before you reach his soft enrage you'll think you need more healers than you really do. It's more about stacking dps and burning him down at 30% than anything else really.

My guild had trouble on 25-man because we stupidly brought 6 healers instead of 5. On 10-man, we brought 3 healers but had the best dps from the guild in it and managed to down him in 1 mark.