Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

WoW Cataclysm @ Dreamhack

Note - Not related at all, but if you run 5-man dungeons on PTRs and happen to drop some items please report it here : Patch 3.3 5-Man Loot Reports. Thanks! The next batch of Patch 3.3 articles for the left menu should be available on the site by the end of the day.

WoW Cataclysm @ Dreamhack
    As you probably know, the Dreamhack Winter 2009 was held in Jönköping this week and people could play Cataclysm here. I never had a chance to post in-game footage of Cataclysm in the past and I thought it was a good occasion to do it since "someone" was nice enough to provide decent footage with a decent (=not too awful) quality, thanks to him/her/it.

Goblin Gameplay

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGmLtrvQfOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DGmLtrvQfOY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Worgen Gameplay

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uV168oMfPgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uV168oMfPgg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Worgen Transformation

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_2-eqiDMpzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_2-eqiDMpzc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Screenshots

15+ Year Old Account

Re: WoW Cataclysm @ Dreamhack

Hm, so you can't customize how your worgen will look in human form?
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

Good to see some Cataclysm news every now and then.

So they only got to play the 2 starting zones? Like at Blizzcon? Ah well, it's something at least

I hope they let me race change soon after release! I want that worgen form =P
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

I really hope they redo the human animations. That human male run is so goofy.

Can't wait to go Goblin shammy!
    - Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Sansai
    Can't wait to go Goblin shammy!
    If I remember correctly, neither goblins nor worgen will be able to play as paladins or shaman. Sorry to burst your bubble (unless I'm wrong)

Edit: I was mistaken. Goblins and Worgen share classes, with the exception of Goblins getting Shaman, while Worgen get Druids. Neither can be Paladins, however.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

The Worgen starting area looks so amazing, but man I don't think I can stand the Worgen running or casting animations. They look so clumsy. Meanwhile Goblins are looking more and more interesting. Thanks for these vids.

So excited for goblins!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

*glance* What is Thrall doing in robes?
    Originally Posted by Fargo (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The primordial soup that creates heroes never tastes of rainbows -- it’s a lumpy gumbo of suffering and evil.

this is seriously turning me on.

15+ Year Old Account

Worgen really look too cute... not quite sure what look blizz is going for but they need to look more fierce and not run like they're wearing springy shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutebutdeadly
    Well, I was going to roll a worgen until I saw the casting animations.
    Forget the casting animation, that running looks horrid. Goblin looks just like i figured they would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmaul
    *glance* What is Thrall doing in robes?
    The reason why Thrall asks the goblins to join the horde is because in the goblin starting zone, you save Thrall after he's been captured
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad
    Hm, so you can't customize how your worgen will look in human form?
    Why not? The way I see it, Worgans are just like druids. You get the normal form and then the wolf form. Normal form will show in the character creation screen.

I think Thrall wears the shaman T8 without shoulders, since hes been captured

Im also glad they put Grenn Greymane in the game, was thinking he might've not been added

10+ Year Old Account

Goblins: LOVE the starting place, and everything about the Goblin class. From the scenery to the casting animations and racial abilities.

Worgen: Oh so dissapointed I am I mean look at the running animation, have you guys ever had the worgen debuff while fighting shade of arugal in grizzly hills? That's the way they should be running ^^ If they can't run that way all the time, atleast run that way with that sprint-like racial. Otherwise, the form looking good, the place looking awesome, and story line is prolly awesome too ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

anyone notice the quest name for that gnome chopper goblin quest?

"Get to the gnomechoppa!" good fun.