Thread: Body and Soul.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Body and Soul.

So after pvping for while ive noticed that unlike holy pallys, druids and shamans it seems like we have no real way to escape from a fight in pvp. druids can go into travel form and holy pally can use bubble or hand of freedom to escape. as for shamans they can go into spirt wolf to get more mobility. Priest on the other hand dont have anyway to get away form anyone unless they use fear but agiast some class's like mages and warriors your pretty screwed if you cant get away. So this makes me think why on earth is body and soul not lower on the holy tree or even in the disc tree. It just seems like a wired place to put that talent, lets face it, this would shin in pvp. also playing as a holy priest in pve i never found a real use for that talent myself maybe in ulduar for one fight but still that dose not justifi its placement in my mind. any thoughts?

Re: Body and Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxxx
    So after pvping for while ive noticed that unlike holy pallys, druids and shamans it seems like we have no real way to escape from a fight in pvp. druids can go into travel form and holy pally can use bubble or hand of freedom to escape. as for shamans they can go into spirt wolf to get more mobility. Priest on the other hand dont have anyway to get away form anyone unless they use fear but agiast some class's like mages and warriors your pretty screwed if you cant get away. So this makes me think why on earth is body and soul not lower on the holy tree or even in the disc tree. It just seems like a wired place to put that talent, lets face it, this would shin in pvp. also playing as a holy priest in pve i never found a real use for that talent myself maybe in ulduar for one fight but still that dose not justifi its placement in my mind. any thoughts?
    Despite what you think, holy isn't meant to be a pure PvE tree and they can't give all the tricks to disc.

L2 fear?

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    L2 fear?
    l2 be less of a jackass? Anyway

rogue: stuns you

priest: trinket

priest: fear

rogue: trinkets

rogue: vansh's

Pirest: s o l

Priest: dead

i mean in a 1 on 1 fight i can last a pretty long time but still any advice? i heard that engineers get rocket boots that give them a big speed boost sounds like that may be the way to go.

i mean in a 1 on 1 fight i can last a pretty long time but still any advice? i heard that engineers get rocket boots that give them a big speed boost sounds like that may be the way to go.
    Guess its a good thing that it isn't balanced around 1v1 then.. eh?

Priests are balanced to not have as much mobility as other healing classes. As for body and soul, one of the top 3v3 teams according to arena junkies was double healer/warrior(with holy priest). Having body and soul in the disc tree would make priests overpowered. Well geared disc priests as it is are extremely good in 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis
    Guess its a good thing that it isn't balanced around 1v1 then.. eh?
    indeed or we would be screwed :-X

10+ Year Old Account

thats just for Priests in PvE gear :P
    Get 1k resiliece and you will be fine =D

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

Ahem.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyn

Ahem.
    Where is the most popular Hunter specc?

My Armory
    TBH, I really like cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Runis707
    Where is the most popular Hunter specc?
    3.6% as MM.

Fact of the matter, priests are fine, get more resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyn
    3.6% as MM.

Fact of the matter, priests are fine, get more resilience.
    they aren't, they have to constantly be babysat by rogues and mages (any class with really good peels). its not fun for a class to be pidgeonholed into playing with two other classes.

i guess your the jackass because your trying to argue that pvp is balanced around 1v1

if priests sucked so badly then why would rmp be the most popular and probably the best spec?

Your second mistake was trinketing a stun. Your first mistake was not being geared enough to live through the openning burst. As disc, I can 1v1 a rogue
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Humbaba
    Priests are balanced to not have as much mobility as other healing classes. As for body and soul, one of the top 3v3 teams according to arena junkies was double healer/warrior(with holy priest). Having body and soul in the disc tree would make priests overpowered. Well geared disc priests as it is are extremely good in 1v1.
    Why would your priest in a double healer be Holy?

That setup is dependent on the priest not running oom, and one of Holy's main problem in PvP is not having nearly the mana efficiency as Disc.

I'll tell you why it's that far into the tree.

The playerbase wanted Holy (and really all 3 priest specs) to be viable in PvP. However, if they put it in Disc, or at a low enough tier in Holy to be accessibly by all specs, you've then buffed Disc as well, when clearly it does not need to be, and you've given people even more reason to pvp as disc, rather than holy. If you can get Holy's best pvp trick easily while specced Disc, why ever spec Holy for pvp?

Blizz is trying to give players legitimate choices between the 3 trees, not establish a clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

i guess your the jackass because your trying to argue that pvp is balanced around 1v1

if priests sucked so badly then why would rmp be the most popular and probably the best spec?
    funny i never said anything about pvp being balanced around 1 vs 1. I was just pointing out that i thought priest lack mobility maybe go l2r before posting k? As for being one of the top comps in arena i can see why but my topic was more about class mobility in pvp. So no sir you indeed are the jackass now stop trying to put words in my mouth.

/thread :

Edit: that was a pretty bad example i posted. I dont normally die to a rogue 1vs1 in longer terms fights i normally get someone to come and long and kill the rogue. Also the only rogue that ive had problems with was one in full pvp toc gear and i nearly was able to kill him.

funny i never said anything about pvp being balanced around 1 vs 1. I was just pointing out that i thought priest lack mobility maybe go l2r before posting k? As for being one of the top comps in arena i can see why but my topic was more about class mobility in pvp. So no sir you indeed are the jackass now stop trying to put words in my mouth.

/thread :

Edit: that was a pretty bad example i posted. I dont normally die to a rogue 1vs1 in longer terms fights i normally get someone to come and long and kill the rogue. Also the only rogue that ive had problems with was one in full pvp toc gear and i nearly was able to kill him.

you answered it yourself you did say a situation about a rogue vs you. You did not point out any other help thus it was 1v1.

and yes bad example

also you can't thread yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Despite what you think, holy isn't meant to be a pure PvE tree and they can't give all the tricks to disc.
    Or, to be more correct, since Holy is a pure PVE tree... You can't take Body and Soul from Holy because it's one of the main draws to having a Holy Priest in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Or, to be more correct, since Holy is a pure PVE tree... You can't take Body and Soul from Holy because it's one of the main draws to having a Holy Priest in a raid.
    Pity Blizzard (who design the game if you didn't realise) have categorically stated that there are no pure PvE or PvP trees, each tree is supposed to be viable and while they understand they don't have the balance correct for that at the moment, that is the design. The only reason trees get labeled in this fashion is due to players like yourself who think they know better than the designers.

Body & Soul is a pvp talent in the holy tree that has some pve applications, like a lot of pvp talents.