Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Anub HM Phase 3, and you!

Death coil + Rank 1 LT yus yus?

Well, you said you start life tapping at around 34%, you should do it up to 100% mana.
    IN 10man Togc I've never had issue with mana but in 25man as demo, it's the worse, I'm using mana pot for anub. You have a boomkin in your group, why don't yuo ask for his innervate? Oo

15+ Year Old Account

I ask for a heal, and the healers give me one to full. Then I tap twice and end up where I was before.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by joxx
    Well, you said you start life tapping at around 34%, you should do it up to 100% mana.
    IN 10man Togc I've never had issue with mana but in 25man as demo, it's the worse, I'm using mana pot for anub. You have a boomkin in your group, why don't yuo ask for his innervate? Oo
    Because innervate should be used on the classes who need it. We dont need it.

As of what gherkin said, wtb your healers tbh. With the intensity of the raids hp in 25 man, asking healers for a few heals does not go down too well for me. However, another way i have found around it is, we usually use 2 ret pallys in the raid, one is JoL for p3 the other is the add stun bitch. The JoL ret i simply spam whisper stating i need a heal. He has a target/heal macro for me so i generally recieve approx. 8k healin in 2 seconds, this is instant life tapped. Our p3 was quite fast when we killed him so i only needed this at approx. 7% after already using all my other means of getting mana back.

15+ Year Old Account

Our healers are amazing, yes, but they don't heal us in P3.

Judgement of Light for melee, Healing Spring totem for ranged, will keep everyone at ~1000-1500 hp. Then our badass healers kick the crap out of Penetrating cold and heal the tanks. I think we're at 95% passive healing on this phase, not counting Penetrating Cold and Tanks.

If the warlocks need a heal, the ret paladins or paladin tank hit us up between adds, or get a stray lifebloom or whatever. In the course of 3 seconds, we're at or near full and tap twice, and the rest is eaten by anub.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin

Judgement of Light for melee, Healing Spring totem for ranged, will keep everyone at ~1000-1500 hp. Then our badass healers kick the crap out of Penetrating cold and heal the tanks. I think we're at 95% passive healing on this phase, not counting Penetrating Cold and Tanks.

If the warlocks need a heal, the ret paladins or paladin tank hit us up between adds, or get a stray lifebloom or whatever. In the course of 3 seconds, we're at or near full and tap twice, and the rest is eaten by anub.
    I know the mechanics of p3 I have killed the big bug!

You did say "healers" heal you though, which is why it made me ponder as the 5 PC healers really do have there hands full. Aswell as the tank healers which are pretty much flat out healing with all the incoming dmg from both leeching swarm and melee swings. This is why I was a bit amazed when you said you were being healed to full hp. For me i found it wasnt needed to be healed by the ret to full hp as i had used r1 LT as much as possible. If you worry bout the personal dps loss or whatever i did finish the fight with 8.3k dps afaik.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm more than willing to help on any boss strat, but keep in mind that not every guild is compatible with every strat.

For example, our guild does Twins Hard mode 25 with the following strat: fuck you, that orb is mine. We tried stacking up with guards, didn't work. We tried spreading out into multiple groups, didn't work. The gm said "Screw this, I don't care anymore, just do whatever" and we downed them with 2 people dead.

R.I.P. YARG

Also like to point out that using shadow priests ve to heal a ranged group seemed to not work too well for us. So 3 healing stream totems were needed for the two caster groups + a healing group. Not sure if it was just our SP's failing but I know when we took te SP's out we killed the bug with some very nice dps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician
    Also like to point out that using shadow priests ve to heal a ranged group seemed to not work too well for us. So 3 healing stream totems were needed for the two caster groups + a healing group. Not sure if it was just our SP's failing but I know when we took te SP's out we killed the bug with some very nice dps.
    I forgot the name/class to that one, but yes we have two shadow priests that we use on top of the shaman(s). We're alliance so shamans are a bit rarer than not, especially good ones.

And yes, I said healers - I lump anyone who gives me +health together, but our healers are badass enough to throw out a heal on me providing their penetrating cold target didn't just jump.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Soo gonna try that out.

At 35% I just tap up to full. This way the healers have time to heal me before rolling the boss over. It's never a mana issue 30% and below boss HP if you start p3 with 100% mana.
    This space for rent.

Prior to 30% make sure you are topped on Mana. If you bring replenishment as a destro lock (and you should) you should not have any Mana issues.

If your healers get upset that you tap before P3, tell them to learn the fight. By tapping lower you are giving him less health, it is not your fault if they get obsessed with whack a mole and top you off right before the swarm. It is helpful for you and the raid to tap before P3, get 100% mana.

With a heroism and replenishment you really should not have any mana issues. I have never gone oom on TOGC Anub.

pop deathcoil and lifetap (or two) also aff is better for p3 which is going to be hardest
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

I'm more than willing to help on any boss strat, but keep in mind that not every guild is compatible with every strat.
    How much cleave do you guys run, and do you spec demo for this? I'm weighing the benefits of me being on my lock vs. my DK alt who has lesser gear simply because, well, unholy is broken as hell on multi-target.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gerian
    How much cleave do you guys run, and do you spec demo for this? I'm weighing the benefits of me being on my lock vs. my DK alt who has lesser gear simply because, well, unholy is broken as hell on multi-target.
    Our usual makeup is comprised of most of the following:
    1 Warrior Tank + 1 Paladin Tank
    6 Healers (2 Druid, 2 Priest, 2 Paladin)
    3 Feral Druids (One is offspec tank)
    2 Warlocks
    3 Warriors (One is offspec tank)
    1 Boomkin
    2 Shadow Priests
    2 Enh Shamans
    2 Mages
    2 Rogues
    1 Death Knight
    2 Ret Paladins

So yes, our cleave is high. Hearing Feral's lol over 40k swipes is fun. Our Paladin tank is ridiculous. Give him 1 second on all 4 adds and theres not a damn thing any class can do to get them off him. Our aoe dps is ridiculous as well. 10s kills on all 4 targets.

The warlocks spec Demo for this fight because it's our best AOE spec and Decimation is perfect for the hardest phase, and there's no self healing like Destro or Affliction.

R.I.P. YARG

Yeah we're typically caster/ranged heavy. Our setup for other fights is usually:
    1 Warrior Tank + 1 Pally Tank + 1 Beartank
    6 Healers
    3 Mages
    2 Locks
    1 Boomchicken
    1 DK *
    1 Rogue *
    2 DPS Warriors *
    1 Feral *
    1 Spriest
    2 Hunters
    1 Ele Sham
    1 Enh Sham

So yeah, I feel like we're somewhat lacking in the cleave department.

15+ Year Old Account

Shit I forgot our 3 hunters. I hope they don't read this.

R.I.P. YARG

Hunters can read?

Quote Originally Posted by Telant
    Hunters can read?
    He meant the hunter's pets.
    EU|Dragonmaw|Alliance|Glittersmith

Go affliction and use Dark Pact.