Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Shadowmourne Preview, Comics

The extra 3.3 articles will have to wait tomorrow, I eventually decided to spend more time on the small datamining issues I had and got a better preview of Shadowmourne out of it. It also means that the shamans will get some tier 10 love really soon. Also, the blue posters will most likely be back today!

Shadowmourne - Legendary Axe
    The end of the PTR is near and it's time for a new preview of Shadowmourne, mostly to give you a much more interesting video of the weapon.

Keep in mind that you will have to defeat Sindragosa to claim the weapon and it will take months before the encounter is unlocked on live servers.

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rcYUVVuMkaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="opaque"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rcYUVVuMkaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405" wmode="opaque"></embed></object>

The first quest is given by Darion Mograine in the Icecrown Citadel, the only prerequisite is to be friendly with the Ashen Verdict. Of course it's not that simple and the very first quest will require you to obtain Primordial Saronite x 25 along with quest items from Festergut and Rotface. Primordial Saronite is the new rare reagent from raid bosses (The new Crusader's Orb basically) and it won't be easy to get 25 of them ...

The Sacred and the Corrupt
    It is against my judgment that I present you this errand, , as it will likely end in your undoing. Ignore my counsel and embark on the endeavor, and I shall provide you with the knowledge and resources to see it through.

You must return to Frostmourne Cavern and recover Light's Vengeance, Arthas' discarded hammer. Reforged with saronite and etched with the acidic blood of the Lich King's abominations, it will provide the foundation for our work.

Unholy Infusion
    Before your weapon can reach its full potential it must be endowed with its signature powers. First among them is unholiness. You must seek out and defeat the one called Professor Putricide, but his death is not your only goal. You must use his resources against him.

Find a way to absorb his mutated slime. Use the foul substance to infuse your weapon with the power of the unholy. Only when this has been done shall I reveal your next task.

Blood Infusion
    Your weapon is now prepared to be endowed with the power of blood. You are to face Queen Lana'thel in battle and bathe the axe in her Blood Mirror power. When it has been fully infused, you must slay her unmercifully.

May her screams pierce the ears of the Lich King as he awaits his fate.

Frost Infusion
    Shadow's Edge is prepared to receive its final infusion of power. Sindragosa, the enemy's own mount, must fall. But before she is brought down, you must sustain three of her frozen breath attacks without tasting death.

Without his dragon, nothing shall stand between you and the Lich King.

The Splintered Throne
    The Lich King's throne once served as his prison. Kil'jaeden himself crafted the vessel of icy crystals from the twisting nether. Its sole purpose was to hold Ner'zhul's vengeful spirit. When Arthas struck the crystal with Frostmourne, he released Ner'zhul's soul, allowing it to merge with with his own. Splinters from that impact are now scattered throughout the citadel.

I shall require those shards, held only by the Lich King's most powerful servants, to seal the power contained in your blade.

A Feast of Souls
    Shadow's Edge is among the greatest weapons a could hope to obtain. Is your lust for power sated, ?

I thought not. A final warning then... You now embark on the most treacherous leg of your quest. Bridle your aspirations, for if your aims are impure then your life, your very soul, is forfeit.

The weapon you hold is but an empty husk, a mere shadow of what it may become. Only the devouring of a thousand souls will unlock its true potential.

Shadowmourne ...
    Highlord Darion Mograine wants you to bring him Shadow's Edge.

This quest isn't fully implemented yet but already rewards you with Shadowmourne ...

The Lich King's Last Stand
    Shadowmourne; a newly forged weapon already steeped in this world's history, reborn into an unrivaled destiny. With this weapon you bear a solemn responsibility, and the time to carry out that charge is at hand.

Take this weapon of myth and legend and march on the enemy. Avenge the countless heroes lost in his merciless campaign. Bring rest to their tortured souls.

Steel yourself, , and guide Shadowmourne to fulfill the purpose of its creation.

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comic #216 and Teh Gladiators #102 are out.

Re: Shadowmourne Preview, Comics

That axe is so awesome!

those whispers are AWESOME

"TABLES DON'T TALK" ;D

It is bound to keep quite a few melee classes very, very happy... ;D

Wow, I love the effort they put into this weapon!!!

The cool shard stacking thing and the whispers from the Lich King, not gonna lie, this wep is the bomb...outside of its amazing stats and stuff lol...i'm looking foward to struggling to get it...

Patch 3.3 in left panel

good job

Arthas creeps me the FUNK out!!! ... The end is especially creepy.. but i like it ';..;'
    "Your heart... it's insessive drumming disgusts me! I will silence it, as i did my own."

Those whispers are amazing as is the effect.

I can however see those whispers become annoying after a while if you hear them frequently.

I was hoping it was a bit bigger :P ...

maybe its because i have a small penis and need to compensate

AWESOME. words can not describe !
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

15+ Year Old Account

very awsome axe i've been getting my DPS set up on my warrior so i can get this axe and not just tank all of icecrown but DPS as well

my shaman wants the love
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

aii caramba!

LEGENDARY IS BAAACK!!
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

That is actually awesome!

hope the caster legendary reaches the same level of awesome in cataclysm ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Now easily the most badass legendary.

STACKING proc up to 400 STRENGTH - holy crap.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

all i can say is.. NICE

Since we have this awesome weapon i'm guessing that Frostmourne wont be obtainable or?