Having hard time on faction champs 10man hard

Ok so my guild is a 10man only guild and we seem to always waste about 10-20 of our attempts on faction champs(hard) >.< this is really frustrating, even anub seems easier. We have to be doing something wrong... or is it just that people dont know how to survive. We dont cc much, also we usually get paladin druid shaman teams.

Re: Having hard time on faction champs 10man hard

I run with an organized pug for ToGC10 each week, here's what i know about the strategy (honestly i don't pay a whole lot of attention, i never get assigned to CC anything so i just burn down the current target)

- Having a reduced healing debuff (Mortal Strike) on the current target is important
    - If you're up against the tree and have a warlock, have him Banish the tree
    - Burn Heroism and other personal DPS cooldowns immediately (you're probably already doing this)
    - The warrior tank i run with seems to have an easy time of locking down either the pally or priest healer, if you have a warrior tank have him try to do the same. If that works, its probably a good idea to start killing DPS as long as that healer is out of the picture.
    - If you have a priest, have him/her constantly dispelling the current target to keep it free of HoTs or the pally's Hand of Protection, and Mass Dispel when they use Bloodlust
    - PLAY DEFENSIVELY. This is the biggest problem i've seen, people aren't careful enough. Staying alive is your TOP priority, even if it means lost DPS on the current target or leaving a mob un-CCed for a few more seconds.

All in all, this fight seems to me to defy Blizz's stated goal of "Bring the player, not the class." It can suck if your raid composition isn't quite right or you get a particularly dangerous enemy team. Keep at it, you'll get it down eventually.

Mark the melee mobs. Everyone needs to run from them if they target you.

If there is a pet, put all of your pets on it, and maybe assign a tank to DPS it. As long as the pet is under max health, all heals will be directed towards the pet (until the kill target has less absolute health than the pet, in other words... about 100k). Basically, you don't have to interrupt healers at all until the kill target is at 10%. We've never assigned healer interrupts and we always kill healers last.

Disarms are huge when killing melee mobs.

A properly spec'd mage can completely remove a melee from the fight. A DK can do so as well.

And, as far as the above post goes, "bring the player, not the class" does not, and never has applied to hard modes.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Some more tips:

*If you are up against a Pally healer, make sure you have the rogue or warrior or DK on your team Lock the other healer out. You Lock the other healer out with Kicks, DGs, Kidney Shots, whatever you have, and you CC the Pally with sheep, sap, etc. You do not CC the other healer because the Pally will just cleanse it off.

*Always, always kill melee first. You want to pop BL/Hero as soon as the fight begins and everyone pops Pots and + damage CDs. Having Pallies in this fight is VERY useful, have the pally pop Divine Sacrifice about 5 seconds after the fight begins, if you have 2 or more pallies have them use it one after another. Make sure your Pallies are staring at Raid Frames whether he be Prot, Ret or Holy. As soon as someone gets from full health to half health, that's usually a clothie being melee trained, you have to BoP him asap.

*When up against melee, the stronger ones are the Ret and the DK, the weaker ones are the Warrior and Enh. So you always kill the Ret/DK before you kill the Warrior/Enh, the Warrior does very minimal damage, the only thing that makes him a threat at all in this fight is Bladestorm, which is avoidable damage that people should be ready to run from.

*Having a hunter use Frost Trap (or whatever it's called) is always good.

*If you are going against a tree, banish him (if you have a warlock).

*Keep pets on the pets, because the FC healers will always prioritize heals on the targest with the lowest health, which are the pets.

*If you find that your clothies keep dying, you might want them to use a + armor potion. Or have the warlock spec into talents that up his armor.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Deleted

While a mortal strike/aimed shot/wound poison is wellcome to have, my guild make the 1st Insanity 10man kill with just a shadowpriest mind trauma (20% heal reduction)

* Understanding how the NPCs target you is essential, it can save your life. They target people depending on the 3 factors listed below:
    - Distance
    - Current health
    - Armor
    Therefore, the closer you are, the less hp you have, and the less armor you have, the more likely they will attack you.

* A tank can have other uses here - assign a tank to kite a target, usually we pick a DK or a Warr, if the NPCs have them, the warr is the most squishie raping one though, meatstorm is nasty. Just have a tank taunt, immobilize, stun, CC the target and keep them away from the squishies.

* you need to prioritize the kills based on your raid composition. If they have the rogue, and you have a lot of clothies/leather then you need to nuke the rogue fast. Adapt

Bring mass dispel for heroism, and another one or shattering throw or something to get rid of the bubble too.

The pet thing mentioned above did the most to smooth over our FC encounters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha
    While a mortal strike/aimed shot/wound poison is wellcome to have, my guild make the 1st Insanity 10man kill with just a shadowpriest mind trauma (20% heal reduction)

* Understanding how the NPCs target you is essential, it can save your life. They target people depending on the 3 factors listed below:
    - Distance
    - Current health
    - Armor
    Therefore, the closer you are, the less hp you have, and the less armor you have, the more likely they will attack you.

* A tank can have other uses here - assign a tank to kite a target, usually we pick a DK or a Warr, if the NPCs have them, the warr is the most squishie raping one though, meatstorm is nasty. Just have a tank taunt, immobilize, stun, CC the target and keep them away from the squishies.

* you need to prioritize the kills based on your raid composition. If they have the rogue, and you have a lot of clothies/leather then you need to nuke the rogue fast. Adapt
    In addition to those three factors they also seem to be going after targets with low resistance, so just have the players who can take a beating (i.e. warrior tanks) take off shadow protection, gotw etc. We have tried this a couple of times and it seems to work.

Deleted

After wiping for weeks on NB and then two days on Jaraxxus, we one-shotted FC with no deaths. Really, the 10H stats are like the pre-nerf 10N ones. It's not that hard, just know how to stay alive and CC and you're all set.

Knock out the shaman first.

Have a competent interrupter sit on the priest/paladin (rogue with mind numbing is best).

Remind them that gouge, kidney shot, blind, vanish+cheapshot are all interrupts.

Have people kiting/slowing/snaring/disarming the melee so that they can't gib people when they switch focus.

Good luck.
    DND: I can not find my blinding powder.