Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Newly started holydin

Hey guys I'm normally protspecced, and tbh i have never cared much for the holyspecc, but i felt like trying something new, and since retri is too faceroll'ish i thought let's put healz on da ppl :P
    but as i have not been very interested in the holydin, I don't know very much about it(I do know how to heal, i.e. sacred shield, beacon and so on) but gearwise i don't know much..
    So what can u tell me about http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...moon&n=Archiya? what's wrong, what gear should i DEFINATELY get and so on?
    thx in advance, and let the QQ begin :P

Re: Newly started holydin

The fact that you are STARTING your Holy career with that gear makes me die a little inside...

=(

Can u please explain why this specc is better than the one I currently have?
    If I use the one u posted, I will take less dmg, but won't i loose a lot of healing due to -8% crit or something?

Hehe i have played prot for a looong time, so i've picked something up along the way :P

btw what can u guys say about my glyphs?

Ignore the talent tree that was posted, Imp Righteous Fury shows that guy can't read tooltips, or was dropped on the head as a child.

Your spec atm is fine for normal raid content, nice amount of crit and low overhealing. Might want to check out the Holy/Prot build when doing hardmodes / heroic raids, but get the correct one off Elitestjerks not the one above. The glyphs are perfectly fine.

Replace your Libram with the ilvl 200 one, forgot the name but it reduces the cost of holy light.

Also don't use the sp/spirit leg enchant, get sp/stam as spirit is extremly useless for us and the extra stam is a better benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by fierceangel
    Ignore the talent tree that was posted, Imp Righteous Fury shows that guy can't read tooltips, or was dropped on the head as a child.
    Your other advice was pretty spot on, but this shows me that you don't know the potential of Imp. Righteous Fury. While it is situational, 6% less damage is nothing to sneeze at. I can think of plenty of fights (Heroic Beasts, Heroic Faction Champs, Algalon, Firefighter...) where it helps tremendously.

Especially if you already have a druid or prot pally in your group and don't need the extra 6% healing talent.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Quote Originally Posted by fierceangel
    Replace your Libram with the ilvl 200 one, forgot the name but it reduces the cost of holy light.
    /agree

This is most important. Libram of Renewal is the only game in town for HL pallies. If OP wishes to follow the dark side and be a FoLlypally then a gladiator libram would be the first choice.

If you're going to stay with the retri-sub tree then you should go 51/0/20 and pick up Pursuit of Justice. It's much better than 2% extra healing which generally just means 4% extra OH.

On the other hand the cool kids run with 51/20/0 for Divine Sacrifice and increased SS duration. Divine Sac is a far better talent than it looks on paper, due to the way it interacts with bubble.

Damn me! so I wasted 25 emblems on that Libram i'm using? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Archeraz
    Damn me! so I wasted 25 emblems on that Libram i'm using? :/
    Yep. It sucks, the i200-one is way better.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    /agree

This is most important. Libram of Renewal is the only game in town for HL pallies. If OP wishes to follow the dark side and be a FoLlypally then a gladiator libram would be the first choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bada
    Yep. It sucks, the i200-one is way better.
    It depends on your content. While less MP spent on HL is VERY nice, that libram also gives Sp to..... well, everything.

FoL, HL, HS, SS..... EVERYTHING gains from the 245 libram.

Ibought the 245 libram too (a BIg mistake I almost never use it), but I'd much prefer Relentless version of it for replacement of ilvl200 one.

The talent tree I posted I think is the one that I'm using atm. I put 2 pts into blessing of wisdom since I'm the only holy pally during the raids (no one else can provide the greater blessing, so I gotta do it myself!) and I dont have any pts into improved dev aura due to resto druid in the raid (healing bonuses do not stack)

And yes, the Righteous fury IS situational. Although one can probably use it for most of the raids without any problem given that tank can grab aggro very well, it might be helpful on the tanks if you disabled it in places like heroic Anub (but mind you, you will still get aggroed even without righteous fury sometimes)

And yes OP, you do lose some what 8% crit with this talent spec. However you do gain awesome utility spells such as Aura mastery, Divine Sac and Divine guardian.

Divine sacrafice -- This will get nerfed slightly ofc in upcoming patch, however it still provides damage reduction for the party that they'll need when faced with large amount of raid damage. Utilize this with Divine shield so that you don't accidentally die while absorbing all those damages

Divine Guardian -- Improves your Sacred Shield, increases duration time of SS, and improves Divine Sacrafice. Need I say more?

Aura mastery -- Nuff said, whether you want or dont want to put pts into protection tree, this is THE talent to learn imo. Very useful is various places, one of the best places for its use I can think of atm is VoA Korlalon. Turn on Fire aura, and do aura mastery for 260 fire resist. Helps the healers a bit on healing and less pressure overall on ppl. Same story for Dev aura, or cold aura, or shadow aura, etc... Also provides immunity to interrupt/silence! A nice spell for Faction Champ perhaps?

Imo, these are awesome raid utility spells that shouldn't be passed over 8% crit. Pallies already have huge healing bomb, and even without those 8% crit, with decent gear chances are you'll have about ~35% crit+. Do try this spec out, see how you like it. Everyone has different style in healing, and the talent tree I posted is just one of my type of healing. For example some ppl dont even put max the imnproved Layofhands and spends that somewhere else, or skip improved righteous fury and put that somewhere else. Although there probably isn't a big room to mess around with your talent -- its definitely worth a try to find your own best talent spec that works for you. The forums and ppl here are just here to help you make informed decision.

And as for glyphs, although dependent on the bosses, I have beacon + Holy light + Seal of Wisdom for now. This is probably the glyphs you'll want if you're heading into ToC since ToC imo requires tank-intensive healing.

oh and feel free to correct me if any of the stuff i said was wrong

15+ Year Old Account

In 3.3 DG/S will see a Raid redux nerf, but a personal use buff, in that you can no longer be killed when using it and can use it every 2 minutes as opposed to every 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    It depends on your content. While less MP spent on HL is VERY nice, that libram also gives Sp to..... well, everything.

Still not worth it.

The libram grants 565 mp5 assuming one holy light per second (unrealistic, possible while under BL tho) -
    Assuming one holy light per 1.4 seconds gives us ~280 mp5 - which is soooo much better than 234 spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bada
    Still not worth it.

The libram grants 565 mp5 assuming one holy light per second (unrealistic, possible while under BL tho) -
    Assuming one holy light per 1.4 seconds gives us ~280 mp5 - which is soooo much better than 234 spellpower.

Say you end a fight with 30% mana. That libram was now useless, and the spellpower would have been better.

Its situational. If you don't need the mana reduction, go with the 245 libram, otherwise, the 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu

Say you end a fight with 30% mana. That libram was now useless, and the spellpower would have been better.

Its situational. If you don't need the mana reduction, go with the 245 libram, otherwise, the 200.
    Chances of you ending a fight with ~30% mana in togc is hardly possible imo.

But you do have a point, if you know you're not gonn run out of mana go with 245 libram

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

well say for a starting out Hpal, you're casting a 2 HL's every 5 seconds, this libram accounts to 226mp5, even more as you reach and pass haste cap.

so if you're going for a HL spam playstyle i don't see how you could skip over this libram for the sp one.

Appart from that the only thing wrong with the 245 libram is that stigma it has around it. People pick it up because they think 'oh yer highest ilvl libram in the game atm, it must be WinZ0R' without actually knowing the benefits of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    Chances of you ending a fight with ~30% mana in togc is hardly possible imo.

But you do have a point, if you know you're not gonn run out of mana go with 245 libram
    Not completely true, the questions you need to ask are "Do I really need the extra spellpower" and "Does Renewal allow me last until I can safely plea?"

Take Beasts 25 heroic for an example, pleaing during gormok can be fatal for a tank. Given the amount of holy lights you're going to be casting in that phase, renewal will save you massive amounts of mana, allowing you to last until the worms transition before needing to plea.

It's not always about what you finish a fight on, it's about having anough mana to get through the heavy healing phases. Obviously if we're talking pure HPM, renewal is vastly superior to all the other librams.
    Too cool for a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by thrizie
    Not completely true, the questions you need to ask are "Do I really need the extra spellpower" and "Does Renewal allow me last until I can safely plea?"

Take Beasts 25 heroic for an example, pleaing during gormok can be fatal for a tank. Given the amount of holy lights you're going to be casting in that phase, renewal will save you massive amounts of mana, allowing you to last until the worms transition before needing to plea.

It's not always about what you finish a fight on, it's about having anough mana to get through the heavy healing phases. Obviously if we're talking pure HPM, renewal is vastly superior to all the other librams.
    I'm not saying Libram of Renewal is bad, you and I seem to be on the same page actually.. I just worded my post badly that probably lead you into misinterpretation

oh and I bought the ilvl 245 libram, but I've never used it during raids :3 (probably because my holy gear is 'epic fail' atm, but that's besides the point)

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu

The other libram will allways be better if you end your fight with 30% mana, then you had to use alot of Divine plea, maybe you could have used 1 less divine plea with the 200Ilvl libram. that would overshine in throughput alot more than the other crap libram, since a good holy paladins casts Holy light 80% of the time. ( talking about HM content )