Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: You Priests and Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    Hoping theyll finally make lightwell practical.

Quote Originally Posted by S
    [N ]
    I'm expecting to re-roll a melee class, since for the past 2 expacks they've been blizzards little pets, and clothies generally get screwed (PvP-Wise).
    Hai. I rerolled out of priest into shaman. We have caster dps, melee dps, and heals.
    And in all honesty priests to me seem fine now except:
    1) Shadow is the most boring dps spec I have EVER witnessed. All it is is spamming mind flay, SW, and mind blast while you play the "Lets see how low I can get the duration of my dots without letting them fall off!"
    2) Priests, while amazing fun and utility in pvp get analed by a few melee. It hurts and unlike all other healers they have nothing to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    This.

Deleted

dont ruin the post by writing such nonsense like sp=hybrid=no damage etc.

for shadowpriests i would like to make them lose 1 dot and give it to dotlocks(that atm have not enough things to watch for imo), but therefore gaining more non-dot damage through their new casted nuke.

i dont think you will get some form of slow. maybe some kind of proc for mindblast, or some improvement to mindflay, but i doubt it will be something nearly-permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance
    Hai. I rerolled out of priest into shaman. We have caster dps, melee dps, and heals.
    And in all honesty priests to me seem fine now except:
    1) Shadow is the most boring dps spec I have EVER witnessed. All it is is spamming mind flay, SW, and mind blast while you play the "Lets see how low I can get the duration of my dots without letting them fall off!"
    Erm...you don't spam SW. In fact, you never cast it unless you are moving and have absolutely nothing else to cast. I can see how the Shadow DPS rotation must seem simple if you are too stupid to do it right though.

2) Priests, while amazing fun and utility in pvp get analed by a few melee. It hurts and unlike all other healers they have nothing to get away.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Shadow is a viable Arena Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    We already know that :
    - Talent trees will be "fun" and completely remade
    - We will have a new spell considered as a spammable nuke like Ice Lance.
    - Hybrids will do less damage than pure dps classes.
    - Spirit will be only a healer stat.

Here is your list :
    - No change for Disc Gear requirement (spirit)
    - A remake of Lightwell
    - Spammable slowing effect for at least shadow.
    - Some form of movement boosting / immunity ability.
    - A knock back ability
    - Shadow to be a viable PVP/arena spec.

None of your "already know" is true;
    1.They NEVER said shadow gear will not use spirit, the only thing they DID say was that mage and lock tier gear was not going to have spirit...Ever hear off non set peices?
    2. Talent trees will be utilityand ability focused, IE: not intended to increase damage but serve other purposes, ie Dispersion/GS/PS
    3. They never said Hybrids will be less than pures, sure its true by today's standards but never said that trend was or wasn't going to continue.
    4. Also wrong.

Disc is to Holy is what Hybrids are to Pures.
    Gimped. They wont have their own tier set and have to make do with whatever spiritless gear is up for grabs while all the dps swarm over it in a frenzy.
    Lightwell is crap, make it LIKE the ones in ToC5, periodically shooting out heals.
    Spriest need CC, but not a conventional Stun or Poly, they need Trap cards!, hitting a priest in Shadowform may cause you to CC yourself. They need to be able to CC without thinking about it, we need to be able to focus on doing damage while surviving, not 1 or the other.
    Knockback, never.
    Because i though were were trying to make it so nonviable that its not worth considering?

TLDR: Shad, you know nothing, might be time to roll something easier like a dk or ret paladin.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle
    Shadow is a viable Arena Spec
    Ohhhhh buddy that one had me rolling for a good few minutes.

Have u tried Shadow Priest + Rogue in 2v2?

and add a frost mage, and u will have a decent 3v3 team

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    1.They NEVER said shadow gear will not use spirit, the only thing they DID say was that mage and lock tier gear was not going to have spirit...Ever hear off non set peices?
    Actually they did. Spirit is changing to a healer only stat, across the board with all healers for regen (mp5 is gone) and being completely useless to DPS. A DPS could get an item "reforged" to lose some of its spirit, replaced with hit, crit, or haste maybe, but there'd still be spirit there, wasting stat points.

Gimped. They wont have their own tier set and have to make do with whatever spiritless gear is up for grabs while all the dps swarm over it in a frenzy.
    I have a feeling that Discipline is in for yet another rebalance come Cata, but hey the whole game is being built from the ground up again for 4.0. Also, Disc is fine now.
    Lightwell is crap, make it LIKE the ones in ToC5, periodically shooting out heals.
    Lightwell being baseline, disappearing upon entering shadowform works just as well, in getting "more" people to use it. Of course, additional functionality would be nice, but Blizz seems to have the idea "That's your problem". We're not seeing a Lightwell buff to ToC's.
    TLDR: Shad, you know nothing, might be time to roll something easier like a dk or ret paladin.
    Coming from you, Stryk?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Shad47
    My question is simple :

What are you expecting from the next extension : Cataclysm ?
    (...)
    Que sera sera.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    2. Talent trees will be utilityand ability focused, IE: not intended to increase damage but serve other purposes, ie Dispersion/GS/PS
    3. They never said Hybrids will be less than pures, sure its true by today's standards but never said that trend was or wasn't going to continue.
    4. Also wrong.

Spriest need CC, but not a conventional Stun or Poly, they need Trap cards!, hitting a priest in Shadowform may cause you to CC yourself. They need to be able to CC without thinking about it, we need to be able to focus on doing damage while surviving, not 1 or the other.
    Knockback, never.
    Because i though were were trying to make it so nonviable that its not worth considering?

Lol have you only read the blues about Cata ? I don't think so.

1. THEY SAID spirit would be a healer stat meaning Shadow won't use it. Unless you consider it as a non dps class.
    2. My my.....you only said whait I said but with more details.
    3. They did. Blizzcon in France. You weren't there I suppose.

You want a no brain Lightwell ? Shooting out heals lol. We have already two "smart" spells : PoM and CoH....
    I never said Spriest didn't need CC band besides your idea is totally OP, "hitting a priest in Shadowform may cause you to CC yourself" ==> another no brain ability...

TLDR : I have a DK and a Retladin, and guess what, I prefer my playing my Priest, in ALL specs.

I'm also really sorry for my bad english, I'm a french player. And at least french forums are not full of ... like you.
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

I know the spammable nuke is most likely to come, but I really don't like that. If I would want a dotting guy with the option to spam some specific nuke, I would roll a warlock (which I have earlier). I hope the nuke is highly dependant on the dots, similar to conflag or so. Conflag is a fun ability, you really need to think about when to use it or you can just spam it to get more done instantly.

Something totally different would also be nice!

And an interrupt... Silence to have some reasonable cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Saraste
    I know the spammable nuke is most likely to come, but I really don't like that. If I would want a dotting guy with the option to spam some specific nuke, I would roll a warlock (which I have earlier). I hope the nuke is highly dependant on the dots, similar to conflag or so. Conflag is a fun ability, you really need to think about when to use it or you can just spam it to get more done instantly.
    I'm in agreement. I'm hoping that the nuke they mentioned at Blizzcon will be heavily tied to our other abilities or a proc of some sort because I already have a lock. I chose to keep my shadow priest because I like their play style. Honestly, I have just enough faith in Blizz to believe they won't give us a mindflay replacement, but rather a supplement.

All I want for cataclysm is...

- To not power down on levelups. Seriously; I lost 50 Mp5 per levelup in WoTLK due to the spirit coefficient decreasing, my spells got more expensive to boot, and the new spell ranks added virtually nothing. By the time I hit lvl 80, I could spam flash heal 14 times before ooming. While clad in mostly sunwell gear. It was a very sad place to be.

- A place for Gheal. Maybe if tanks won't be killed in 1.2 seconds as GC proclaims, it maybe useful. We'll have to wait and see...

- The "new spirit" being better for regen than int. It's just silly now. I realize heals will become a LOT more expensive as a result, but that's fine by me. Make those heals count.

- A new and improved talent tree. I really like the top end of the holy tree, I don't particularly enjoy the lower half. Way less 5pt passive booster talents would make me happy!

- A useful place for all my heals. Lightwell, I am looking at you.

- The option to use the somewhat same gear as holy and disc without feeling guilty about it. Imagine warlocks needing three different PVE sets to function properly...

- Something new and interesting. Surprise me, I know blizzard can do it ^^

Other than that, I'm fairly happy with the state of the game right now.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

I want a transform

Similar to how warlocks have demonform and to a much lesser extent pallys have avenging wrath

So ya, I know holy form is a dead horse but a short term transform to reduce mana cost and increase healing would be very welcome when it hits the fan

Also, inner fire, no charges, charges are lame

Lightwell, hmmm, the only thing i can think of that might make it retard proof would be if it instead generated a beneficial aura of some sorts instead of its current click to heal mechanic.

I really liked the Idea of a spammable nuke that only can be castet while you are channeling MF and does not interupt it.
    Or a Arcanblast-like Nuke that has to be rotated with MF.
    I also liked the idea of a short CD spell of the GCD, or a proc with CD (1min maybe) that applies all stacks of SW instandly.

the Holy-tree could get rid of some 5p +Stat Tallents.
    And of cause Lightwell needs some kind of revamp...I think we all had the same thought when first entering ToC.
    Keeping Body and Soul would also be nice, I love this tallent, but I think it'll stay anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

Give me back my mana battery capabilitys! i loved tbc

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark

Also, inner fire, no charges, charges are lame
    OHMYGODYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    • A unique proc for shadow that makes their dps more dynamic.
    • Disc to not have to hunt for a lot of SP to keep their heals strong enough(incase if we ever have to go more regen focused)