Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: You Priests and Cataclysm

id love some good dps cooldowns for shadow.
    atm in burnphases where people save their cooldown.. all i have is shadowfiend
    id really like a nice couple of cooldowns for shadow, it would make the spec so much more fun to play (and help our dps)

i dunno.. "mind frenzy- removes the cooldown of mind blast for 15 seconds, or untill 5 mind blasts have been cast"

you know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark
    I want a transform

Similar to how warlocks have demonform and to a much lesser extent pallys have avenging wrath

So ya, I know holy form is a dead horse but a short term transform to reduce mana cost and increase healing would be very welcome when it hits the fan
    The thing is, you won't be allowed to get more powerful. If you get holyform, then healing will be balanced around the holyform output or holyform manacost. Meaning you have to stay in holyform all the time to do exactly the same thing you do today.

All you thus gained is the drawbacks of the holyform. In other words, what you want is (pick either):

- I wish I could not cast shadow spells
    - I wish my regen got worse unless I cast the holyform buff
    - I wish my throughput got worse unless I cast the holyform buff
    - I would like to trade my flexibility for a new costume

Is this really what you want? If it isn't, say no to holyform.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Brind wand specialization back into the disc tree.
    Whole
    US-Nathrezim Horde

I'm expecting Blizzard to seriously address the Shadow Priest's main issues both in PVP and PVE and fix them to an extent, at least.

I'd like to be a spec that is desired in PVP in the same way that a rogue / warrior / or any other offensive class is desired. AKA: I want to be able to pvp, and not feel like a fish out of water.

The nuke will be nice, because it means I'll be able to pump out more damage in a shorter amount of time.

I'd also like the nuke to do something extra as well. Perhaps it wouldn't be on par with say, a Mage's fireball, but it might cause some additional effect.

I always thought that a spammable nuke spell with a stackable slowing component would be great for a Shadow Priest. Each time you cast your nuke, it applies a debuff that slows movement speed by 10%, stacking upwards to 40% (or something).

Perhaps the nuke would heal us or provide some sort of temporary protection.

Maybe it would lower a stat?

Who knows. I just want something more then a spammable mind blast or shadow bolt.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I made a list like this awhile back. It had some more stuff, but this is basically what I'd love to see rolled into our characters from a healing point-of-view for 4.0 (or a later patch of 3.3, I don't care).
    [*]Glyph of Flash Heal: *Redesigned* Your Flash Heal refreshes the duration of your Renew on the target.[*]Glyph of Renew: *Redesigned* The duration and time between ticks of your Renew is now affected by your haste.[*]Improved Healing: This talent has been removed, and its effects rolled into the affected abilities.[*]Empowered Renew is now also one of the triggers for Inspiration.[*]Lightwell: Trainable at level 40, disappears upon entering Shadowform or character death.[*]Renewing Light: *New 31 point Holy talent* Increases the Heal over Time effect of your Renew by 5%, and increases the healing done of your Prayer of Mending, Empowered Renew, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, and Greater Heal on a target under the effects of your Renew by an additional 5%.

But to fix the greater heal situation, I'm out of ideas.

But come to think of it, most bottom tier talents are either big buffs, change of playstyles, or awesome spells. Even from a healer's point of view, Penance is huge, Wild Growth and Riptide are awesome and Beacon is nearly OP (depending on circumstances). Guardian Spirit is cool, and all, but it doesn't change play style at all, you could even go so far to toss it up as a 31 pointer to replace the outgoing Lightwell (which needs to be trainable), and give a playstyle change to the 51 pointer.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    All I want for cataclysm is...

- A useful place for all my heals. Lightwell, I am looking at you.
    If only they make our lightwell mimics the mobs in the Heroic 5-ppl dungeon in ToC. Self healing allies in vicinity pwn.

For disc I'd really like to see tank healing given some love. Earlier in wrath people thought that disc priests would be near as good tank healers as paladins, but it hasn't played out that way. We're weaker on one tank and much weaker on 2 tanks. Disc has a role, but much as I love raid mitigating and burst healing etc. I'm not really convinced that it's a good niche for long-term.

We need some solid throughput supplied, probably at the cost of mana efficiency. This could come via a glyphed FH which trades throughput for cost or perhaps through a self-buff that does the same - making us sort of the arcane mages of healing.

I'd also like to see us get a sort of baby-bacon of light - which would work as follows:

Mark of the Martyr: The friendly target is marked for 60 seconds. During that time any healing done by the priest to himself is redirected instead to the marked target. Only one target can be marked by a priest at any time.

This turns binding heal into a two-tank FH. It still leaves us worse than pallies at double tank healing, but the gap would be closed some.

People have already mentioned my two minor peeves with the Holy tree (Lightwell, Imp Healing).

What I want out of Cataclysm for Holy is a bit of an explanation of why they're weak tank healers relative to other specs/classes. Note I'm not expressing that Holy has to be an awesome tank healer, but it's an odd disparity on Blizzard's part. Shamans, Druids, and Disc Priests are all fairly reasonable when it comes to both tank and raid healing; obviously they are better and worse at different aspects, but overall they're serviceable. Holy Paladins and Holy Priests lie at opposite ends of the spectrum, where Paladins have no AoE heals (Glyph of Holy Light doesn't count) and Holy Priests aren't very good at countering the high sustained damage that tanks receive. I think that Holy Priests have a fine place in raids right now, but what I'd like to know is whether the design is that Priests are supposed to contemplate going Disc if their guild needs a tank healer or if Holy is destined to get some umph in that area.

[quote=Kelesti ]

[*]Glyph of Flash Heal: *Redesigned* Your Flash Heal refreshes the duration of your Renew on the target.[*]Glyph of Renew: *Redesigned* The duration and time between ticks of your Renew is now affected by your haste.[*]Improved Healing: This talent has been removed, and its effects rolled into the affected abilities.[*]Empowered Renew is now also one of the triggers for Inspiration.[*]Lightwell: Trainable at level 40, disappears upon entering Shadowform or character death.[*]Renewing Light: *New 31 point Holy talent* Increases the Heal over Time effect of your Renew by 5%, and increases the healing done of your Prayer of Mending, Empowered Renew, Flash Heal, Binding Heal, and Greater Heal on a target under the effects of your Renew by an additional 5%.

Didnt find the renew promotions so hot (yes bad pun) and reverse spriest playstyle, but hey its all imo.

Like danner mentioned,[*] A revamp of the first three tiers of holy[*] Blinding Light: Dazes a target for 1.5 seconds, following which the target has a lower chance to hit by X% for Y seconds. Perhaps a deep holy talent to give holy priests some sort of short self-defense function as we all know how reliable psychic fear is.[*] Hymn of Hope: Mana returns now ramp up slightly in the later ticks[*] Lightwell: All overheals made nearby the lightwell get converted into the Lightwell's "mana". The lightwell can also be healed directly to increase it's mana pool. The priest who cast the lightwell may order the lightwell to cast some spells with its own mana (yes i know this will have issues with fiend)

and probably something to give shadow some burst without affecting its subtle/dot flavour

10+ Year Old Account

We're shadowpriests, we Dot. I don't understand why people complain about it so much. Since 3.3 our dps has become extremely viable, let's just appreciate the fact Blizz finally gave us a good boost. We aren't a nuke class but we are a hell of a lot of fun to play and are pulling dps numbers above other hybrid classes (while having way more survivability than other dps caster classes); why not enjoy the class or roll something else if the DoT mechanic isn't for you?

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

10+ Year Old Account

What I'd like to see in Cataclysm is more survivability in pvp for the Holy tree. I just love healing battlegrounds as Holy, but you just go down too quickly. Especially with the upcoming rated battlegrounds I would welcome this very much.
    And as Neichus said a little buff in Holy's ability to keep a tank alive would be nice as well.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nymie
    We're shadowpriests, we Dot. I don't understand why people complain about it so much. Since 3.3 our dps has become extremely viable, let's just appreciate the fact Blizz finally gave us a good boost. We aren't a nuke class but we are a hell of a lot of fun to play and are pulling dps numbers above other hybrid classes (while having way more survivability than other dps caster classes); why not enjoy the class or roll something else if the DoT mechanic isn't for you?

This.

Also, Shadow PVP spec with Reflective Shield....

Win?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I want a boost in Holy DPS

- Something that increases critical modifier of Smite
    - Something that decreases the mana cost of Smite
    - Something that decreases the cooldown of Holy Fire
    - Something that increases the chance to hit with Holy Spells

Wishful thinking, but one can dream.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account

I wish for:

- Shadowwordeath to be usable and useful again, both in PVE and PVP. Just having it off the global cooldown would be nice, and/or have it stun or something like that in pvp
    - the supposedly coming shadow non-cd nuke to be good both in PVE and PVP
    - Dispersion to either regenerate health again, or better to do AOE damage around you
    - a snare that doesn't have to be channeled, or even just letting MFs snare apply for 3-5 seconds no matter how long you channel
    - a better manaregen talent for PVP where you have exactly nil willpower if you opt for the crit set
    - crit to be actually useful for PVP again, by having talents grant more crit
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by pammie_ysera
    I am talking about a real slow. Not a channeled slow effect that completly roots you. You know like every other ranged / caster class has but us. Do you understand what I mean now?
    Imo

[Improved Mindflay]
    1/1 Rank1

Your Mind Flay ability is now able to be channeled while moving, if the target exceeds the distance of the spell they will be rooted in place for 2 seconds but will be unaffected by the slowing portion of the ability again for the next 5 seconds.