Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Ghostcrawler: Warlock DPS is fine, l2p

I'll end this thread with some self-mockery:

"Tears streamiiiiing, down on myyyy faaaaceeee, I promise you I wiiiil leaaarn from my missssstaaaakes."

Have a swell evening people, enjoy your friday and remember even if I might have flamed ya, it ain't personal. Just about the toons and the size of their nukes - that's all.

Love
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account

Bakis, if you are convinced zuxia is so stupid...why do you continue expecting him to understand? would you yell at a retard for not understanding physics? Stop beating your head against a wall. Its one of those, yea you may be right on the topic but continuely arguing with someone over the same shit for 20+ pages, you come out looking just as stupid...no offense. But never argue with a fool, they drag you down to their level and win with experience.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    Bakis, if you are convinced zuxia is so stupid...why do you continue expecting him to understand? would you yell at a retard for not understanding physics? Stop beating your head against a wall. Its one of those, yea you may be right on the topic but continuely arguing with someone over the same shit for 20+ pages, you come out looking just as stupid...no offense. But never argue with a fool, they drag you down to their level and win with experience.
    The reason he conintues to argue..is because he knows Im not stupid and part of him things I am partly correct but is too stubborn to admit it. Part of that is because how can someone who hasn't TOGC25 know something when I have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazical
    Check it out, I out dps'd his entire raid without a blood lust (they had one). But I came in 8th on our meters.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=5269&e=5523 <-- Me
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...?s=4887&e=5304 <-- Marithas

At early gear levels warlocks performed better than other classes. But now we dont, especially with all of the "gimmic" fights in ToC. I went on ptr, and we still are near the back of the pack. Other classes continue to be "buffed" and we keep getting toned down because of pvp implications.

All of the comments about tank and spank fights being better for locks are bull as well, on ptr they put patchwerk in ToC to test raid dps. Guess who won that one? Over the course of a 5-6 minute fight a rogue pulled 13.5k dps. Mages didnt beat the hell out of me like they do now, but I bet it is because they were struggling to have mana in a 6 minute fight.

Hey, maybe when they revamp our class in Cata we will be "more competitive" on the meters.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...?s=1488&e=1835

our last fight, your setup was albeit better (better geared demo lock, 5% crit more that our raid lacked and a sp that dced on 80%) and you outgearing me alot and yet under by 300 dps so thats how bad we scale (or you could do better)
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    and yet under by 300 dps so thats how bad we scale
    Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    Warlock DPS is fine... at least if you're destro.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v...?s=1488&e=1835

our last fight, your setup was albeit better (better geared demo lock, 5% crit more that our raid lacked and a sp that dced on 80%) and you outgearing me alot and yet under by 300 dps so thats how bad we scale (or you could do better)
    Don't wanna bash you or anything but, which fight do you mean on that report?

You die twice on Beasts, due to i guess pulling aggro, so that report is all but accurate (LOL TANK TPS)
    And on Jaraxx you completely ignore adds (not counting portal and vulcano) So thats a Patchwerk with like 4 swaps

Quote Originally Posted by Elude
    This made my day!! LOL yeah they are the ONLY class that is hard to play?!?!?! GTFO
    no u

Quote Originally Posted by roflolwhatfuckpwnedlolimo
    This is stupid beyond stupid..

You act like gearign up is rocket sience, it is amazingly fucking simple. Forfitting haste for crit will NOT be better on any fight
    Vezax

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    Well ppl tend to throw the 30% around but its basicly correct in a raid environment. Thing is spirit is a much better stat when crit% is high, having 30% crit + ~25-30% on the imp ontop of that make a warlock get mad little out of crit on a new itempiece.

Its very troublesome that in T10 BLZ removed spirit which bring even bigger nerfes to warlocks. Crit will be as bad as in T9 cos the talents/mechanics didnt change but all that spirit we had before, what happens? Ofc those points in gear will need to get filled by something else so we warlocks have the same itemlvl as other classes. Here is the stupid part, instead of making warlocks have higher spellpower on their tieritems which would at least not make things worse, BLZ decide we should get crit, int, haste for it instead even further gimping us.

Fel armor is another thing, we effectivly lose alot of spellpower when we get less spirit on gear, yet the Fel Armor stays unchanged.

Do you get what Im aiming at? Crit is a awefull stat for a warlocks and endgame raiding (yes I know everyone doesnt do hardmodes) and in T10 we get even more crit. Ontop of this a rather significant nerf to Conflag with the stupid dot change. Before we had either crit or not crit, now it will at best be "semi-crit", crit on the hit but not the 3 dotticks.
    A nerf as clean as they come.

Bottomline, crit stink and will get even worse in ICC.

Screw: btw just ignore the kid, sooner or later he will get tired since he will feel being left out of the discussion with ppl who can back up their claims and him who cannot

So this backs up what I have been saying...haste will only go so far due to bl/heroism ect.. even though crit isn't the best stat to get to increase dps..at a point crit will be better than stacking haste thus increasing dps/damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Johntrabolta'
    Don't wanna bash you or anything but, which fight do you mean on that report?

You die twice on Beasts, due to i guess pulling aggro, so that report is all but accurate (LOL TANK TPS)
    And on Jaraxx you completely ignore adds (not counting portal and vulcano) So thats a Patchwerk with like 4 swaps

first time i died cause other tank is a retard and thought picking up dreadscale was fun after 5s (overagro with felarmor is fun)
    second time died cause i didnt get healed after arctic breath before massive crash
    and i dont do adds on jerasomething because of the same tank
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

first time i died cause other tank is a retard and thought picking up dreadscale was fun after 5s (overagro with felarmor is fun)
    second time died cause i didnt get healed after arctic breath before massive crash
    and i dont do adds on jerasomething because of the same tank
    Then you can't really post those parses and act like they are a good benchmark for dps? Or am I missing something? Didn't even get if you were sarcastic or not about warlock dps(scaling) being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia

So this backs up what I have been saying...haste will only go so far due to bl/heroism ect.. even though crit isn't the best stat to get to increase dps..at a point crit will be better than stacking haste thus increasing dps/damage.
    Yea, when we reach the 1.0 gcd.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade
    Warlocks are fine. L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Johntrabolta'
    Then you can't really post those parses and act like they are a good benchmark for dps? Or am I missing something? Didn't even get if you were sarcastic or not about warlock dps(scaling) being bad.
    wasnt sarcastic, we scale bad really bad (and posted jerasomething mainly)

I LOLED
    0 damage on snobold vassal,0 damage on sister of pain,very low damage on inferno, TUNNEL VISION some more useless dps lol
    damage done and dps doesn't say everything,i hate people who can't change target like this 1, of course ur gonna be high on meter if every other dps switch on adds exept u.

The real problem about lock that 95% of player doesn't understand and apparently never will its that we don't scale very well.Im barely doing 500 more dps then when we were raiding ulduar with 1200 more spell power while mage are doing 3000-4000 more.Im not QQing because we are not first on the meter i don't care, its mage turn to be op and im ok with that,its more because blizzard doesn't know what to do with warlock at all.We are getting change every patch and its getting realy anoying.Rogue combat spec is op since patch 3.2, does blizzard have nerf it??? not at all they are buffing Assassination instead.

Blizzard made a mistake when they change fire and brimstone and empowered imp, it was a buff in theory but a big scaling nerf and that what is hitting us hard in this stupid content(blizzard already said they fuck t9 content because of the horrible new BG).

sorry for my poor english its not my first language

Zuxia I'm not really sure using crit gear will provide that much of a difference.

Due to the high crit chance given to any caster from raid buffs (3%+5%+5%) from just raid buffs then gearing for a personal crit rating of ~30% + another 5% chance for destruction spells to crit. I mean right there you have a ~48% chance to crit any add you switch too. Then add in F&B and your conflag is up to ~73% to crit your target. Generally, conflag is going to crit anyway so extra crit won't help too much there and for CB, immo, or incin I'm not sure if the small amount of extra crit percentage you'd be adding would really make a difference (it comes down to RNG, so it might help in one fight, but I think if you tested repeatedly in the same encounter haste would come out ahead) and if even if you do wind up critting and extra time you wouldn't have there's no guarantee that you won't wind up double dipping because of emp imp (more RNG). So I suppose it could be better, but it's probably safer to get haste because point for point haste is just better and it's just more reliable.

I just find it sad that at certain points both of these stats become almost useless for a warlock and we're stuck with just sp and spi as stats to focus on.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

seriously stop the QQ already locks are fine
    we have a lock topping the meters in our guild powning all the hunters,mages
    more of a L2P issue if you cant reach top 3 in a 25man raid as lock

Quote Originally Posted by lyradude
    seriously stop the QQ already locks are fine
    we have a lock topping the meters in our guild powning all the hunters,mages
    more of a L2P issue if you cant reach top 3 in a 25man raid as lock
    or maybe your mages and hunter have l2p issues so the drastic gap between them isnt so clear?

I see 31 pages of "Warlocks are Fine" and "no they arent...buffs plox" ... cmon guys, move on. 31 pages of a thread of dozens of people repeating each other wont go anywhere.
    When everything else fails...Open a wormhole and GTFO.
    "Never argue with trolls...They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."